The Official The Last Guardian Thread!!!

What is with the Japanese studios making such big deal out of these release dates, and then delaying again?

What is with the Japanese studios making such big deal out of these release dates, and then delaying again?

it wont be the last. This now comes out the same week as Gravity Rush 2. Im sure once Sony realizes that, they'll delay that into 2017. Its damn ridiculous at this point!

Last edited:
it wont be the last. This now comes out the same week as Gravity Rush 2. Im sure once Sony realizes that, they'll cancel that into 2017. Its damn ridiculous at this point!
Damnit, you are probably right. Well that sucks, I am really looking forward to Gravity Rush 2.

PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]The Last Guardian GameStop Expo 2016 trailer[/FONT]

Published 5 hours ago. 21 comments.
New, one minute-long trailer premiered.

TLG-GameStop-Expo-2016-PV-Init.jpg

Sony Interactive Entertainment premiered a new trailer for The Last Guardian during GameStop Expo 2016 in Anaheim, California.The one-minute long trailer shows various interactions between the boy and the creature Trico.

The Last Guardian is due out for PlayStation 4 on December 6.
Watch the trailer below.
[YT]jaCbttfzhns[/YT]

Read More

PlayStation 4, Clips, GameStop Expo 2016, genDesign, SIE, SIE Japan Studio, SIEA, SIEE, SIEJA, Team ICO, The Last Guardian,Trailers

source: Gematsu

Disappointed with the latest delay. But at this point, I'm not bothered as long as the game actually comes out. I've waited this long. It's funny more than anything.

PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]18 minutes of The Last Guardian TGS 2016 gameplay[/FONT]

Published 1 min ago. 0 comments.
New footage from Famitsu and Polygon.

TLG-18-Mins-TGS-2016.jpg

Both Famitsu and Polygon have gone up with 18 minute-long, direct-feed gameplay videos of The Last Guardian from Tokyo Game Show 2016.
The anticipated PlayStation 4 title is due out on December 6 in the Americas and Japan, December 7 in Europe, and December 9 in the United Kingdom and Ireland.

Watch the footage below.
Famitsu

[YT]MMFD2Q3FPIA[/YT]
Polygon

[YT]YlHjWU5etYE[/YT]

Read More

PlayStation 4, Clips, Gameplay, genDesign, SIE, SIE Japan Studio, SIEA, SIEE, SIEJA, Team ICO, TGS 2016, The Last Guardian

Check Out A Graphics Comparison Video Of The Last Guardian From E3 2015 And 2016. September 19, 2016 . 12:30am

Sony Interactive Entertainment is releasing the highly-anticipated PlayStation 4 title,
The Last Guardian this December. While waiting, here’s a look at a video comparing graphics from E3 2015 and 2016.

7 comments Read >

thelastguardianlistingthumb01ps4us13jun16_thumb.png
Sony Interactive Entertainment is releasing the highly-anticipated PlayStation 4 title, The Last Guardian this December. While waiting, here’s a look at a video comparing graphics from E3 2015 and 2016. [Thanks, Game Jouhou.]

[YT]PG6Tjw5sk-k[/YT]

The Last Guardian releases on December 6, 2016 for PlayStation 4.

Read more stories about PlayStation 4 & The Last Guardian on Siliconera.

Siliconera

PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]The Last Guardian ‘Making the Music’ dev diary[/FONT]

Published 11 hours ago. 19 comments.

PS4 Composer's Choice app and Vinyl release planned.

TLG-Music_10-27-16.jpg

Sony Interactive Entertainment has released a video documentary discussing the making of The Last Guardian‘s sounds and music.

The music of The Last Guardian is composed, orchestrated, and conducted by Takeshi Furukawa, and performed by the London Symphony Orchestra, Trinity Boys Choir, and London Voices.

Sony also announced that it will release a The Last Guardian Composer’s Choice music application for PlayStation 4 separately alongside the game, featuring 17 tracks from the game’s score. The soundtrack will also be available via iTunes at a later date.

The PlayStation 4 application supports both stereo and surround sound playback, and allows users to export all the tracks as stereo MP3 files to a USB drive.

A Vinyl release of the official soundtrack (pictured) will be available in December. More information on exact release timing, pricing, and the final cover art will be announced at a later date.

Finally, Sony announced that a custom audio mode for The Last Guardian will be released for the Headset Companion App, promising to deliver “a fine-tuned audio experience engineered for maximum immersion.”

The Last Guardian is due out for PlayStation 4 on December 6 in the Americas and Japan, December 7 in Europe, and December 9 in the United Kingdom and Ireland.

Watch the video below.
[YT]3R7WHBJEg6E[/YT]

Read More

PlayStation 4, Clips, Developer Diaries, SIE, SIE Japan Studio, SIEA, SIEE, SIEJA, Team ICO, The Last Guardian

PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]The Last Guardian ‘Action’ trailer[/FONT]

Published 8 hours ago. 23 comments.

A short, but sweet 30 seconds.

TLG-Action-PV_11-10-16.jpg

Sony Interactive Entertainment has released a new trailer for The Last Guardian, introducing the game’s action elements.

If you missed it earlier, catch some new gameplay and screenshots here.
The Last Guardian is due out for PlayStation 4 on December 6 in the Americas and Japan, December 7 in Europe, and December 9 in the United Kingdom and Ireland.

Watch the trailer below.
[YT]rQ4eNHMsw9o[/YT]

Read More

PlayStation 4, Clips, SIE, SIE Japan Studio, SIEA, SIEE, SIEJA, Team ICO, The Last Guardian, Trailers

PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]The Last Guardian CG trailer, Fumito Ueda Q&A[/FONT]
Published 18 hours ago. 17 comments.

Ueda on his vision, inspirations, and more.

TLG-CG-Trailer_11-18-16.jpg

Sony Interactive Entertainment has released a new CG trailer of The Last Guardian, as well as a Q&A with creative director Fumito Ueda.

Get the trailer and Q&A below.
[YT]-LgiyfN4[/YT]
On realizing the full initial vision for The Last Guardian

“I’m going to be little hard on myself here… but to say I’ve done everything 100% is not completely true. As a creator, there’s always a little more you feel you could have done. When I finished Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, I felt exactly the same way. Having said that, I think the staff from Sony and Gendesign has put everything, every ounce of energy we had, and poured it into the project.”

On the personal inspirations behind The Last Guardian

“Trico is a hybrid of sorts, a mixture of a cat, a dog, a bird, and the like. It might represent a motif. When I was younger, I grew up in a home that had a bunch of animals. My experiences with them are great memories that I still have. In creating Trico, I didn’t really have to do any specific research because it’s a creature that obviously doesn’t exist. But it’s really all based on my childhood memories, the way I interacted with the animals, the way they reacted to me.”
On comparisons to Ico and Shadow of the Colossus
“The way I see it, maybe they are from the same world, or the same universe. But anything further than that is really up to the player’s imagination. Everyone has a different level of relationship with the two previous titles, so we wouldn’t dictate that it is or it isn’t. It’s up to the player.”

On his proudest accomplishment with The Last Guardian

“I would have to say that it’s what we were able to accomplish with the character of Trico. Its behavior, everything about it. We were basically breathing life into a creature that has never been created, a new character, which is very difficult. How does it feel to actually feed Trico? I want players to experience what that feels like.”

On other gaming inspirations
“There are some games that have opened my eyes and influenced me in big ways. Prince of Persia is one, and Another World. This may come as a surprise, but Virtua Fighter is another… What they all have in common is the intricacy of the animation. I’m always curious in finding ways that animation can help breathe new life into characters — that’s an element that will always appeal to me.”

On expanding the appeal of video games

“It’s a difficult question to answer, but I think that maybe a lower barrier to entry or skill required. And I’m not saying that games need to be easy or casual or anything like that. But when you think about the origin of video games, arcade games, you put in 100 yen and you got to play for maybe three minutes. There’s basically an end, or a restriction, that is placed. Sometimes that can be a little intimidating.”
“On console games, there’s no need to put a time limit or game over screen — we want people to play longer. But again, whether it’s skill requirements, or continuous challenges until you feel like giving up… if they felt slightly more accessible, then maybe more people would enjoy playing video games. Having said that, as long as we define what we do as video games in this business, then the experience needs to be very unique [to that medium]. Striking that balance is not an easy task.”

On the long-anticipated launch of The Last Guardian
“It’s quite simple… at the end of playing through the game, if the player feels the existence of Trico, like it’s really there, then we have accomplished what we set out to do.”

Read More

PlayStation 4, genDesign, SIE, SIE Japan Studio, SIEA, SIEE, SIEJA, Team ICO, The Last Guardian

The Last Guardian’s PSX 2016 Trailer Shows Us More Of Trico And The Boy . December 3, 2016 . 1:16pm

Sony Interactive Entertainment shared a look at The Last Guardian’s PlayStation Experience 2016 trailer, days before its release, showing us more of its upcoming adventure.

4 comments Read >
20161203_141209_thumb.png

Sony Interactive Entertainment shared a look at The Last Guardian’s PlayStation Experience 2016 trailer, days before its release, showing us more of its upcoming adventure.

[YT]pKfxBKLnI9Q[/YT]
In a strange and mystical land, a young boy discovers a mysterious creature with which he forms a deep unbreakable bond. The unlikely pair must rely on each other to journey through towering treacherous ruins filled with unknown dangers. Experience the journey of a life time in this touching, emotional story of companionship and trust.

The Last Guardian releases on December 6, 2016 for PlayStation 4.

Read more stories about PlayStation 4 & The Last Guardian on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

Forgot this is out this week. I need to play on principle.

It's getting good reviews overall, but it also seems like the general consensueus is the frame rate is pretty crappy on the regular PS4 and the PS4 Pro on 4K mode. The PS4 Pro on 1080p seems to be the only one that runs at a consistent framerate.

Not like they had any time to optimism it. :o

It's getting good reviews overall, but it also seems like the general consensueus is the frame rate is pretty crappy on the regular PS4 and the PS4 Pro on 4K mode. The PS4 Pro on 1080p seems to be the only one that runs at a consistent framerate.

which is disappointing bc the graphics dont look that intense. Another complaint im reading is that it feels very dated which I guess makes sense considering how long its been in development and the industry has progressed so much in that time

wait.....this got released already??

edit: I see it gets released tomorrow.

wait.....this got released already??

edit: I see it gets released tomorrow.
yep it did

here's written review and preview and more are still incoming

Also with

[YT]Ox58SzQzET0[/YT]

• 2,385 views12 hours ago

source: GI

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts