The Official The Last Guardian Thread!!!

I'm surprised at how well this is reviewing considering it's marred with technical issues like framerate dips below 10 fps, horrid AI, I've actually fallen through levels a few times now.

Nobody wants to badmouth this thing considering its history and who is behind it. They don't wanna be "that guy."

It's history and its developer is why they should be "that guy." I'm really sick of "journalists" giving games a free pass because of developer "prestige."

Nobody wants to badmouth this thing considering its history and who is behind it. They don't wanna be "that guy."
Exactly. This seems pretty clear at this point.

Considering how most reviews, even the positive ones, have mentioned the technical problems the game has, no one seems to really be giving it a 'pass.' I don't think anyone is afraid of being "that guy," whatever the bad place that means. I think most people are reviewing it as a good game that has a lot of technical issues, which is why the reviews are hovering around the 7-8 range and not higher.

It has an 83 on Metacritic, so there has to be plenty of reviews over 7 and 8.

Not a lot that I have seen, but there might be. Point still stands overall, though, most reviews (at least that I've read and seen) highlight the technical issues the game has on an OG PS4. So, unless the game is outright unplayable, I think it's mostly looking for a conspiracy at the supermarket.

Not a lot that I have seen, but there might be. Point still stands overall, though, most reviews (at least that I've read and seen) highlight the technical issues the game has on an OG PS4. So, unless the game is outright unplayable, I think it's mostly looking for a conspiracy at the supermarket.
I just find it really weird that read reviews about dated gameplay and legit technical issues, and then see the score for a rather good game.

I don't know, I haven't really played it to comment for sure.

Pointing out this games many flaws and then still giving it a positive score is the definition of giving it a free pass.

My collectors edition of the game that I preorder from bestbuy didn't come today so I have yet to play the game but I do have a few thoughts.

1. I don't buy that most people are giving this game a pass. If any thing I would think that it having the long development it had made people expectations higher and has a result I think the game would have even better reviews then what it has if not for the long development time.

2. Yes it sounds like the game has some technoicoly issues but I have not heard any thing saying that its issues are major and I have seen nothing saying that it drops to 10fps like some one said in hear. Maybe dropping to 20 sometimes or something but I have not heard any thing about it dropping all the way down to a very low 10.

3. From looking at reviews it sounds like the game is good but not great.

4. I don't get why a lot of people thought the game was going to flop leading up to its release. Yes I know it was in a long development but the trailers and game play video's looked like a amazing special different kind of game.

5. I don't really get what people mean when they say a game's gameplay fells old and outdated. I think a lot of games over the years its the graphics that show there age more so then its game play. Out side of something like a game being small and or shorter then a lot of games now days or having some FPS issues that maybe wouldn't be in a newer game for example even though its a great game Zelda OOT runs at below 30 FPS a lot. But out side of a game having more FPS issues like that or maybe being a smaller game like I said I don't really get what outdated gameplay means. A lot of games fell the same no matter if it is on ps2 or ps4. Like for example ratchet and clank of ps4 has better graphics then ps2 or 3 of course but its game play fells the same to me.

ok I got two video and it's review from Ben silverman of the usa side for EPN.TV
with Vic. and the other is fromthe easy Allies
f2bxE.jpg

[YT]swj-zJIhaME[/YT]

• 407 views2 hours ago

The Last Guardian Review Discussion

Vic and Ben reunite to talk about possibly the most important game to release this year. The Last Guardian was developed by gen DESIGN and SIE Japan Studio. The game suffered numerous delays after it was first announced at E3 2009. So was it worth the wait? Find out in Vic and Ben’s review discussion!

[YT]tu4CJkGzGy0[/YT]
The Last Guardian - Easy Allies Review

33,921 views19 hours ago

source:
EPN.tv &Easy Allies

Last edited:
Pointing out this games many flaws and then still giving it a positive score is the definition of giving it a free pass.

No, giving it a free pass is not mentioning any of its flaws and just pretending like everything is fine. Acknowledging its flaws, and then giving it a good score based on everything else is feeling like the good outweighs the bad in the end product. Not everything is either 100% positive or 100% negative.

It's entirely possible to find fault with a thing, but decide that its positives are stronger than its negatives are bad.

My collectors edition of the game that I preorder from bestbuy didn't come today so I have yet to play the game but I do have a few thoughts.

1. I don't buy that most people are giving this game a pass. If any thing I would think that it having the long development it had made people expectations higher and has a result I think the game would have even better reviews then what it has if not for the long development time.

2. Yes it sounds like the game has some technoicoly issues but I have not heard any thing saying that its issues are major and I have seen nothing saying that it drops to 10fps like some one said in hear. Maybe dropping to 20 sometimes or something but I have not heard any thing about it dropping all the way down to a very low 10.

3. From looking at reviews it sounds like the game is good but not great.

4. I don't get why a lot of people thought the game was going to flop leading up to its release. Yes I know it was in a long development but the trailers and game play video's looked like a amazing special different kind of game.

5. I don't really get what people mean when they say a game's gameplay fells old and outdated. I think a lot of games over the years its the graphics that show there age more so then its game play. Out side of something like a game being small and or shorter then a lot of games now days or having some FPS issues that maybe wouldn't be in a newer game for example even though its a great game Zelda OOT runs at below 30 FPS a lot. But out side of a game having more FPS issues like that or maybe being a smaller game like I said I don't really get what outdated gameplay means. A lot of games fell the same no matter if it is on ps2 or ps4. Like for example ratchet and clank of ps4 has better graphics then ps2 or 3 of course but its game play fells the same to me.

I've personally experienced frame dips that low. I'm likely not going to play the game again until they roll out a few updates.

No, giving it a free pass is not mentioning any of its flaws and just pretending like everything is fine. Acknowledging its flaws, and then giving it a good score based on everything else is feeling like the good outweighs the bad in the end product. Not everything is either 100% positive or 100% negative.

Fair enough. The good is simply not outweighing the bad for me. Trico's AI alone is bad enough for me to rate this game a 6/10, it's incredibly frustrating then we have framerate issues and I'm falling through levels. The **** adds up to a bad time.

Last edited:
Just got done playing this game for the first time for about 3 hours and just have to say this game is sick! All ready a few crazy surprises in the game and very entertaning game. Also I have gotten stuck a few times already so I would say it is a challenging game and while the game dosnt have music playing 100% of the time the way it uses its music is great. I do find the camera can be annoying at times but it is not that bad and the controls are ok to. I have only had a few frame rate issues so far and nothing major.

I love Shadow of the Colossus so much that I was quite disappointed with the lack of variety when it came to the enemies. So for me, it really lacks that replay value. And you can't also roam anywhere unlike in Shadows, where you can go anywhere even in the middle of a boss fight. So I am a bit underwhelmed with this.

The Last Guardian’s Price Has Permanently Dropped. February 2, 2017 . 11:00am

Sony has decided to reduce the price of The Last Guardian in North America and Europe.

32 comments Read >

Sony has officially dropped the price on The Last Guardian. Originally set at $59.99 when it debuted on December 6, 2016, it now costs only $39.99. The $20 drop represents a 33% discount. The price has also dropped to €34.99/£29.99 in Europe.

Polygon reports that this The Last Guardian price drop is permanent. However, the Sony representative the outlet spoke with didn’t offer any explanation for the discount.

The Last Guardian is available for the PlayStation 4.

Read more stories about PlayStation 4 & The Last Guardian on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

Got a lets play

2:23:37
[YT]I4xoWmOcVfI[/YT]
The Last Guardian - Let's Play - Electric Playground (Spoilers)

1,286 views2 days ago

Streamed live on 5 Dec 2016
The Last Guardian has hit the PS4 and Victor Lucas has jumped into the adventure! The long anticipated follow up game to Ico and Shadow of the Colossus is finally here! Does it live up to the hype and Fumito Ueda's best?

source:EPN.tv

I was bored the first few hours and the monotonous environment didn't help. After the game was over I replayed it to better understand better what it was about and to hit the emotional beats more smoothly. Intersting story but the game mechanics are just not fun.

So any of guys have played this game?
I will finally play the game!:crybaby:

I just bought the physical disc of this just now. I finally saw this again in my local retail store, as I couldn't really find one when I was catching up to older games.

The Last Guardian might be The Last One.

Not if Grand Theft Auto IV, Red Dead Redemption 1 and more ps3 games are ported to ps4/5. But it is The Last One... right now. I also want to add The Order 1888 in my collection and that is an early ps4 game.

Now that I finally played it, it is a bit of an experience because its one of the weirdest game I've ever played. The game has no instruction. There's no hud aside when it shows the controls and subtitles. Without YouTube, I don't think I would have finished this. The game takes a lot of patience. I knew Trico wasn't easy to control, but sometimes it took a while before it did something correctly. I also just reminded the game is short, so I also took my time because of it but I still finished it in 5 days.

The best parts of the game were the heights segments, whenever the boy was about to fall and Trico caught him, I felt the adrenaline rush. Those moments were wow. The bond between the boy and Trico is the best thing about the game. My criticisms: I'm not sure this has HD, though when I played this, the screen automatically switches to HD, so I guess it is. Some of the textures could have been better. The camera sometimes was off especially when riding Trico. There were also these "floating feathers bug" towards the end of the game. Even if I already restarted, it was there in the gameplay, cutscenes and credits. I don't like the enemies, there was no variety.

I'm not totally satisfied with how this ended. I'm fine with how short it is, but the boy and Trico didn't have a proper goodbye. I feel like their time together was cut short and things just happened so fast towards the end. Then the post credits scene cut to the boy already as an adult. I'm not a fan how it ended. But proper goodbyes don't really happen in the real world so in a way I can see why they made that way.

This is definitely not better than Shadow of the Colossus. I played that back in the ps2. I bought it only because of the cover. Those were the days, when the cover was the selling point for me. I had no idea, it was such a critically acclaimed game. It ended up as one of my favorite ps2 games. I bought the remake as well. That game led me to following The Last Guardian up to when it was released (as seen in my 2017 posts). I watched an entire walk through of the Last Guardian many years ago but I already forgot most of it. Before the pandemic, I tried to buy a physical copy of this but I couldn't find one. Since then I didn't bother. Then this year, I was looking through the shelves in the store, to see if something would interest me and I saw The Last Guardian. It was a long time coming. Now Shadow of the Colossus and The Last Guardian are side by side in my cabinet.

Its also weird that the creator of the game still hasn't released anything after this, not even a teaser. Its odd that his games take so much time to make. I'm intrigued to know if his next game would act like as a spiritual successor of The Last Guardian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"