Dark of the Moon The Official Transformers 3 News And Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Lee

Insert interesting quote here
Reaction score
Thought maybe it was time to open one for TF:3

First up.... a statement from Bay himself....

Hey, it's been a long time since I've posted. Just been a little busy.

Transformers 3 has been going very well. We are going to shoot in LA, Chicago, Washington DC, Florida, Texas, Africa, Moscow, and China. On the talent front, we just locked in Frances McDormand and John Malkovich. Both amazing actors I've always wanted to work with. We also just got Ken Jeong, he is the super funny actor stuck in the trunk from “Hangover” and the Doctor from “Knocked Up.”

We start shooting pre-shoots in about one month.

I also was at a Ferrari charity event this week raising money for a hospital being built by Ferrari in Haiti. I announced that night the newest Autobot to join Transformers: the Ferrari 458 Italia.

I also want to thank everyone on this site that donated to the Make -A-Wish charity. We raised $20,000 which I will personally be matching. This is a great charity where they make wishes come true for kids who are very ill. We have had many Kids from Make-A-Wish visit us on our Transformers sets and this time we will be posting video of their visits on Transformers 3.

Michael Bay

Shoot For The Edit

The Car in question...

Interesting news on the casting front.... though i have to admit the Ken Jeong really irritated me in The Hangover.

From the SHH front pages

Linky

ey, SHH... Wanted to give you a heads-up that my travels through Los Angeles found me on the soundstages of Playa Vista where Favreau shot the first Iron Man, Cameron did some work on Avatar and Bay shot both of the Transformers films.

Well, Transformers 3 is gearing up there. I've attached pics of the sign I stumbled upon at the warddrobe department just to offer a little proof. When I peeked inside, posters for both Transformers were hanging up and clothing racks had tons of military gear hanging from them. Above one rack it read "Iranian Army." Above another rack it read "Ukranian Army" and above a third rack it referred to "Matt" ("Matt's costumes").

There's some big stuff being built here, man. One end of the soundstage had some wooden structures. Another area they were chopping away at styrofoam to create a rocky terrain. And the crew was rolling along something that looked like a giant gear. I breezed on by the "model" shop and, while I couldn't get a good look inside, there were a lot of moon reference photos and NASA moon lander pics. I could have sworn I saw a Transformer, again, didn't get a good look.

There you have it...! Transformers 3 is in full swing!

I love that he's having the Make-A-Wish kids on the set. I think he's a much nicer guy than we know.

Ken Jeong being in this movie could go very wrong, but hopefully it doesn't turn out too bad.

I like the pic of the the new car, and I guarantee you that this new car is Hot Rod.

I found what appears to be a leak of the TF3 script. I got it from Transformers wiki, of all places, in a link. It seems to check out.

And it is *****ing AWESOME.

There was one floating around a while back, did they....

Go back in time in the Ark? ending up crashing int a volcano?

Where they
get new alt modes, and Mirage gives Prime a holographic trailer?

I've checked it off with what we've heard, Silverbolt's there, and I'm pretty sure I saw something somewhere about the Italia.

Everyone thinks the Italia is Hot Rod, but they don't realize that the car might not even be red in the film.

If the script is fake, then its one damn good fake. It's 126 pages, and is written incredibly well. I flipped through it a bit, and as far as I can tell it's official. If it's fake, then whoever wrote it should write the film, it's brilliant.

So...Malkovich and McDormand either really the money, or they went temporarily insane. :huh:

Where they
get new alt modes, and Mirage gives Prime a holographic trailer?

I've checked it off with what we've heard, Silverbolt's there, and I'm pretty sure I saw something somewhere about the Italia.

Everyone thinks the Italia is Hot Rod, but they don't realize that the car might not even be red in the film.

If the script is fake, then its one damn good fake. It's 126 pages, and is written incredibly well. I flipped through it a bit, and as far as I can tell it's official. If it's fake, then whoever wrote it should write the film, it's brilliant.

does shia labeouf have a boss in the script? Is there a national intelligence director in it? Because those are apparently the roles that Malkovich and Mcdormand are playing so if those roles are in the script there's a good chance thats it's real

Michael Bay Not Convinced By 3D Conversion

You’d expect Michael Bay to be a zealot for 3D, but turns out he sees it as nothing more than a gimmick. Talking at ShoWest and reported by Slash Film, Bay set out to stir controversy and stick the boot into studios who are clamouring to put their movies out in 3D after they’ve been filmed already – so that’ll be Clash of the Titans then. Bay, who could be described as an auteur – if auteur cinema was devised by Don Simpson, seems far from convinced by the merits of 3D. In his own unique way, Bay had this to say: “I shoot complicated stuff, I put real elements into action scenes and honestly, I am not sold right now on the conversion process. Right now, it looks like fake 3D, with layers that are very apparent. You go to the screening room, you are hoping to be thrilled, and you’re thinking, huh, this kind of sucks. People can say whatever they want about my movies, but they are technically precise, and if this isn’t going to be excellent, I don’t want to do it. This conversion process is always going to be inferior to shooting in real 3D. Studios might be willing to sacrifice the look and use the gimmick to make $3 more a ticket, but I’m not. Avatar took four years. You can’t just **** out a 3D movie. I’m saying, the jury is still out.”
Michael Bay just went up in my estimations…a little bit…let’s not go nuts. Wonder if Transformers 3 will be released and Bay will be eating his words and saying he was misquoted!

http://www.filmshaft.com/news/michael-bay-not-convinced-by-3d-conversion/

Well, at least Bay's got that right. 3D only really works with movies that are based with 3D in them (which is why the decision to make Green Lantern in 3D is the BEST. IDEA. EVER.), and Transformers isn't really one of them.

If Bay can somehow find a way to have the incredible action sequences in them that he makes (you've got to admit, when it comes to fight scenes and action Bay rarely dissapoints), but also with a fantastic plot, he can be totally forgiven for the lack of plot in TF2.

Don't blame him.... it was great in Avatar... but i've not seen it work anywhere else...

I've checked the script out. Sam has a boss in this one, and yes, it is the one your'e talking about Lee. Is it legit? Because if it's fake, I can post a link to it. It's a fantastic script, and if it's anything like the current version, then I'm officially hyped for this movie.

yea.... i think we were talking about the same one...and i do think it's fake....

That script where they time travel and get G1 alt-modes was confirmed as fake. I mean come on, it read like a fanboy's wet dream, threw out just about everything that had already been established, and not to mention was almost totally devoid of humans. The last point is the most important in proving it to be fake. Humans cost less than giant CGI robots, and until that changes, humans will have prominent roles in the films.

It's a damn good fake, then. 126 pages long, dang.

Honestly, the script sounds terrible. I mean I don't mind the idea of these robots being in plain sight, but seriously, the dialogue between Megatron and Thundercracker was beyond the worst I've seen in any of the Transformer films.

the fake one a few posts up from yours

I thought Closerframe was talking about the real one.

Who cares if the fake one is crap?

So the asian dude from The Hangover is in this? Yeah, that's already one misstep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"