Revenge of the Fallen The official Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen movie critics review thread

Uh, yeah, I did come into the critics review thread and not the childish competition thread right?

Personally I don't really listen to critics, but love reading the reviews. Mainly to laugh at them or agree with them, but I reserve judgment for myself, when I see the movie. As should we all. I'm still excited to see it, sure it has it's flaws and probably could've been done better, but man, it's a freakin' Transformers movie!

delete post...

y can't we delete our own post in here?

Last edited:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/transformers_revenge_of_the_fallen/

"My advice is to switch off your brainpower, get in touch with your inner juvenile self and go with the flow for this feast for the senses, orchestrated by the undoubted maestro of the genre Michael Bay.Two years on and it's much more of the same, in fact probably too much with director Michael Bay running riot with all of his warrior “toys.” Less definitely would have been more—yet that is probably not going to harm its prospects."

4/5 stars

- Box Office Magazine

"Fan boys will no doubt love it, but for the uninitiated it's loud, tedious and, at 147 minutes, way too long. Bottom Line: Crash, bang, wallop as the machines sweep in for another cataclysm."

- The Hollywood Reporter

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2009/06/15/review-transformers-the-revenge-of-the-fallen/

Bleeding cool seemed to like it so thats another positive.

And thetransformers.net gave it a positive review too, highly positive and this comes from a reviewer who was not too fond of the first movie.
http://www.thetransformers.net/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-review/

The reviewer consensus so far seems to say this movie is slightly better if not plain better than the first movie and there were many things improved since the last movie especially editing.

Like Megan Fox said, shut the **** up and enjoy the ride.

Like Megan Fox said, shut the **** up and enjoy the ride.
Exactly, if critics just don't turn off their brains, they're gonna hate the movie. Not all movies have to take themselves seriously. Can't we have some fun once in a while. With the exception of The Dark Knight, most serious movies aren't entertaining, they can be good maybe even excellent but most of them are not entertaining and if they are, they have very little entertainment value. The Dark Knight was a perfect mixture of entertainment value and seriousness.

To be honest, I find TDK boring and hard to watch now. I have to be in the mood to watch it, I can't just slap it on at any time, you know what I mean?

To be honest, I find TDK boring and hard to watch now. I have to be in the mood to watch it, I can't just slap it on at any time, you know what I mean?
I concur, even though i loved it. But i loved Begins even more.

Not to be the stick in the mud here (and I'm sure I'm the only one that thinks it) but TDK was, IMO, far from the perfect blend. It's more like attending a lecture than watching a movie. A well made lecture, but no chance you could just slap it in when you're having a drink with some mates and enjoy it. Great to watch when you're into it, but listening to the entire cast spoon feeding most of their dialogue about honor and all that crap to me is a total snoozefest if I'm not in the mood.

Now to me, Batman Begins had it's entertainment/serious tone in balance.

EDIT: Well, seems I'm not the only one.

Thats what happened with me with Spider-Man 3. When Spider-Man 3 first came out, I loved it. Then I bought it on Blu-Ray and I was like..."Oh God what have I done?!!" and I find Spider-Man 3 very hard to watch now a days, I will still watch it but I can't really stay focused with that movie, there is way too much going on at once and its disorganized and the movie suffers from Bi Polar disorder along with too much emotional moments.

Not to be the stick in the mud here (and I'm sure I'm the only one that thinks it) but TDK was, IMO, far from the perfect blend. It's more like attending a lecture than watching a movie. A well made lecture, but no chance you could just slap it in when you're having a drink with some mates and enjoy it. Great to watch when you're into it, but listening to the entire cast spoon feeding most of their dialogue about honor and all that crap to me is a total snoozefest if I'm not in the mood.

Now to me, Batman Begins had it's entertainment/serious tone in balance.

EDIT: Well, seems I'm not the only one.
I think Batman Begins was also a great mixture of entertainment/seriousness but I just like The Dark Knight better. I don't know why some people have been lately saying its not that great of a movie. Although most people seem to think still it is, its just more and more people lately are coming out and saying its not that great.

Oh here we go again.

I didn't think the action in Transformers was that good, sorry. Since all you could see was a bunch of rolling robot parts.

People let there fandom make them delusional.

Last edited:

i agree with you, since it's now on HBO and i tried to watch it again..i'm thinking "ahh this is way too boring I need some cgi here...and at times it does take itself too serious.."
and c.bale voice as batman makes me cringe....:wow:

Last edited:
Oh here we go again.

I didn't think the action in Transformers was that good, sorry. Since all you could see was a bunch of rolling robot parts.

People let there fandom make them delusional.
Well you are one of the few.

Epps: What's the difference between you and us?

Optimus: I'M NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!

i agree with you, since it's now on HBO and i tried to watch it again..i'm thinking "ahh this is way too boring I need some cgi here...and at times it does take itself too serious.."
and c.bale voice as batman makes me cringe....:wow:

I had to register just to reply to this. I almost always bust out laughing when ever I want Begins and I hear "Where is he". It almost sounds like a bad Nixon impersonation.

EDIT: On topic, however, I seem to remember that Top Critics at RT reviews had TF @ 68%, up 11% from all reviews for the film. So it would seem that more of the internet only review sites skew the score down. I wouldn't be surprised if this trend holds for ROTF.

Last edited:
Its cute you can call me one of the few chaseter, but its hard to get invested when the Autobots and Decepticons barely had any characterization and all and most of them did very little in the movie.

Yeah, God forbid people thought some of the action in other movies was better put together.

Its cute you can call me one of the few chaseter, but its hard to get invested when the Autobots and Decepticons barely had any characterization and all and most of them did very little in the movie.

Yeah, God forbid people thought some of the action in other movies was better put together.

Hey VileOne u are not the only one who feels this way, but i'll say this..after debating with a few people these past days (u can read earlier pages in this thread, and also the japan first reaction) i'm just gonna say it's a lost cause

u will find yourself going on for days and the only thing u will get is...u are looking at the movie to seriously...dont waste your time man..i understnd where u are coming from ...alot of us do

about the critics(for the overall sake of the thread)...hey it's their job to write about these films..they have good points both good and bad...regredless..u are going to see it and judge for yourself..i am, eventhough i'm one of the many who didnt like the first film..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"