Revenge of the Fallen Predict the Rottentomates rating for Transformers 2 & come up with a consesus

Yea if Dark knight or Iron man SUCKED I am sure you would still defend it. ITs a matter of opinion get over it. Its not like this movie is horrible or the worst movie ever. I mean Paul Blart was top at the box office for a few weeks and that movie was garbage in my opinion. Friday the 13th has no story just an hour and a half of people getting killed and people LOVED it. So whatever these movies are just action movies a popcorn flick no thought is really required. They are not trying to win an oscar people. It you see the movie just check your brain at the door and you might find yourself enjoying it or having a good time at the movies.

I love Batman. Yet I hate Batman Forever and B&R.
I am a huge Star Wars fan, yet I flat out hated Ep. 1 and 2 (3 was just so-so).
If Iron Man had sucked, then I would have said "It sucks".
It is a matter of opinion, I know, and no one's telling you what you should like or not.
So yeah, that logic's not going to fly.
I can accept "turning my brain off" before watching a movie, but not "beating it to a pulp with a shovel, burning it and peeing on its ashes".

No one wants to see a deep, thoughtful film with giant robots. They want to see fighting and explosions.

Correction - we want to see well-composed fighting and explosions. With just enough non-******ed story inbetween to satisfy the fact that we are indeed science fiction fans and not brain-dead fratboy comedy fans.

No one was asking for "deep" or "thoughtful", we just would have preferred a standard professional level of plot coherency and continuity instead of the mangled cinematic abortion we got.

From Rottntomatoes forum poster 'Gorb' - "I feel like I've been raped in the face with stupid for the past 2 1/2 hours!"

Well Armond White enjoyed the movie. Shocking. :eek: [/sarcasm]

"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is more proof [Bay] has a great eye for scale and a gift for visceral amazement."

Correction - we want to see well-composed fighting and explosions. With just enough non-******ed story inbetween to satisfy the fact that we are indeed science fiction fans and not brain-dead fratboy comedy fans.

No one was asking for "deep" or "thoughtful", we just would have preferred a standard professional level of plot coherency and continuity instead of the mangled cinematic abortion we got.

From Rottntomatoes forum poster 'Gorb' - "I feel like I've been raped in the face with stupid for the past 2 1/2 hours!"

Well said.

There's no rule that you can only like movies that get good reviews. I thought that Wolverine was mediocre and so did the critics, but I like Terminator Salvation and Transformers 2 even though they're getting bad reviews too. Liking a movie with bad reviews doesn't mean you have bad taste, it just means that you are more forgiving of flaws if the things you like outshine them.

Its interesting how people defend the movie by basically saying the transformers movies are stupid so you should just enjoy them for being what they are . . . which is stupid.
Such a ridiculous argument really.

Also why do some people keep saying that the critics hate all Sci Fi action movies?

Star Trek is one of the best reviewed movies of the year and that was written by the Transformers 2 writers.:huh:

It's like they're just not hearing us when we repeat this fact over and over again.

블라스;17101236 said:
Which makes the fact that TF2 is a turd even more baffling :huh:

I still say it was a deadly combination of the writer's strike, hurried production, poor editing, and Bay incorporating too many elements that he came up with on his own.

Correction - we as fans want to see a lot of things but they don't cater to us. You want to know why there are a lot of fart and sex jokes? Because the general audience eats them up. Sure this movie had a lot of bad moments and bad writing and I am sure I could have wrote something better but, this is a movie to appeal to the general audience and we don't constitute or warrant an attempt anymore for a film to be made for us after Watchmen failed. These movies will never be more than what we are getting and they will continue to make these films this way until they don't make a profit.

This is not the worst movie of the summer. Land of the Lost and Year One take that cake.

블라스;17101236 said:
Which makes the fact that TF2 is a turd even more baffling :huh:

JJ Abrams directed Star Trek vs Bay doing Transformers 2. I think Trek is the strongest film yielded by these writers so far, but Trek I also think had better direction on top of that.

Correction - we as fans want to see a lot of things but they don't cater to us. You want to know why there are a lot of fart and sex jokes? Because the general audience eats them up. Sure this movie had a lot of bad moments and bad writing and I am sure I could have wrote something better but, this is a movie to appeal to the general audience and we don't constitute or warrant an attempt anymore for a film to be made for us after Watchmen failed. These movies will never be more than what we are getting and they will continue to make these films this way until they don't make a profit.

This is not the worst movie of the summer. Land of the Lost and Year One take that cake.

Terminator: Salvation for me :o

Just came back and definitely not as bad as people are making it. It has action, a good story, and decent humor all in one. Are people forgetting that this is a Transformers movie? Based on a toy series?

JJ Abrams directed Star Trek vs Bay doing Transformers 2. I think Trek is the strongest film yielded by these writers so far, but Trek I also think had better direction on top of that.
I can see Abrams being involved with the writing and actually having intelligent input. Bay probably just says, wait...put in an explosion right there and a ball joke.

I can see Abrams being involved with the writing and actually having intelligent input. Bay probably just says, wait...put in an explosion right there and a ball joke.

Exactly. Abrams is a writer on top of being a director. He knows how to work out kinks in a script. Bay adds improv and effects when he is adding something. Different styles, but the results I think favor Abrams style in this case.

Just came back and definitely not as bad as people are making it. It has action, a good story, and decent humor all in one. Are people forgetting that this is a Transformers movie? Based on a toy series?
It seems liked you've loved everything this summer.

Nah, people aren't forgetting that.
They also aren't forgetting that you can have a decent narrative going on even when you're using this "toy series" as the source material, like the 80's animated movie proved.

These movies will never be more than what we are getting and they will continue to make these films this way until they don't make a profit.
Unfortunately, that last part is what makes the first part true. Although I still have hope that the TF franchise will get better than this, but it would involve Bay going elsewhere.

From what I've heard, Year One is probably the worst. I'd say that TF:ROTF is about on the same level as Land of the Lost, however.

I did because they are all excellent movies.

I would never except a deep, emotional, and complex plot from a Transformers movie. Why? Because big-ass fighting robots cannot be serious. That is why I enjoyed these two movies. You have to watch them and realize "Hey, this is based off a freakin' toy."

And I hate it when people compare it to the TV show. Honestly, I saw a few episodes and just thought it was lame. That show is no less corny and cheesy as the movies are. Bay tries to make the story interesting by adding likable human characters, like Sam and Mikaela. The general audience loves these movies because it has great action and funny characters. This series will always make money because of this.

I think overall, summer 2009 has been lackluster. After the awesome summer we had last year, it's disappointing. Star Trek and Up are the only films this summer I've seen that exceeded my expectations. Everything else has been disappointing on some level (some more so than others).

I hope Potter doesn't let me down :csad:

I would never except a deep, emotional, and complex plot from a Transformers movie. Why? Because big-ass fighting robots cannot be serious. That is why I enjoyed these two movies. You have to watch them and realize "Hey, this is based off a freakin' toy."

Oh dear god. Is this everyone's argument against people not liking it?

And I hate it when people compare it to the TV show. Honestly, I saw a few episodes and just thought it was lame. That show is no less corny and cheesy as the movies are. Bay tries to make the story interesting by adding likable human characters, like Sam and Mikaela. The general audience loves these movies because it has great action and funny characters. This series will always make money because of this.

For the last time...........NOBODY is asking for deep, emotional, complex plot. You simply apologize for this movie's shortcomings by over-exaggerating our grievances.

Again, anyone who found this movie amazing just doesn't want to think at all. Not one shred. Nothing has to be coherent or make complete sense. It just has to have ****, robots, and juvie laughs.

Sorry man, to me that's not the mark of a quality flick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"