Predict the Rottentomates rating for Transformers 2 & come up with a consesus

Discussion in 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' started by TwoFace12, Jun 15, 2009.

1. TheVileOne Registered

Uh its at 21% right now. So how's 21%?

2. marvelman2006 Registered

Im not surprised.. i mean all of bay's movies are rotten. i loved bad boys 2 and that was rated at 23%. I knew this type of movie wasnt going to get blasted by critics, society as of today have become to critical on movies.

3. TheVileOne Registered

Or maybe the movies of today's society generally SUCK a lot more. Ever think about that?

4. GhostPoet Registered

Were people really expecting Critics to like this movie? I just looked at the scores for the first one and it got A LOT of C's. This just isn't a movie for Critics. (or anything remotely sci-fi for that matter)

I was expecting a lower score than it got...it's just not a movie critics like.

5. MadVillainy C'mon Son

I wasnt expecting them to LOVE it
    but I didnt think it would be hated

6. rashad Hype Board Junkie

There's no way to spin 21%. It's unfathomable to see reviews this bad. Summer blockbuster or otherwise.

Batman & Robin rates a 12% mind you.

7. MadVillainy C'mon Son

Land of the Lost has 28
    Year One has 19
    I would think that ROTF would be in the 40s

8. GhostPoet Registered

I knew critics would hate it right from the start. My original guess was 15%.
    Doesn't look like I was too off the mark. I know the movie's great. And I knew critics, as usual, would hate anything sci-fi related.

I mean, it's a movie about a bunch of robots smashing each other up. Of course critics will hate it. :) Heck, the first one got 57% and it was a great movie...just not for critics.

From what I hear, the second one is bigger and better, expanding on the first movie's weak points.

9. TheVileOne Registered

Its not better at all.

The only thing it expands on is take all the bad parts of the first movie and multiply them 100 fold.

10. 블라스 Registered

The amount of people defending this...movie baffles me, it's so depressing :(

11. TheVileOne Registered

They are fanboys and fangirls and transformers is their pet property.

12. 블라스 Registered

But I liked the cartoon, man.
    I watched it all the time, and it was great.
    Hell, the 80's animated film was so much more coherent than the first TF movies, is not even funny.
    Hardcore fans should be angry, but they're defending this instead, and giving it more money (along with the regular audiences), which is just going to...ah....this is pointless.

I'll just savor the few good movies we get, and let people enjoy their ****, there's nothing that can be done :(

13. TheVileOne Registered

I watched the cartoon as well. I also love Transformers. I fully realize that Transformers is a toy vehicle and all. I get that its toyetic, but I still invested in those characters and what happened to them and all. I get that the series was also ridiculous and quite silly in some stories and situations. But the movies don't really seem to try and do anything at all with the Autobots or Decepticons. Just these mind-numbingly awful Witwicky scenes.

14. Timstuff Registered

Look on the bright side: if you combine TF2's tomatometer with TF1's, you get 77%. So watch them back-to-back, and it's all good. :p

15. danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

I think this discussion can continue without insulting others.

16. TheVileOne Registered

I don't think its an insult. Sometimes people love something so much they look at it with rose colored glasses and won't admit its bad.

17. The Lizard Didn't eat Billy

Really? They didn't hate Star Trek.

Of course Star Trek was a much, much, MUCH better-made film than TF:ROTF.

18. craigdbfan Registered

I'm a gigantic "Transformers" fan and enjoyed the first movie quite a bit.

But ROTF is a serious insult to all the senses. I feel bad honestly that ILM had to put so much work on a movie that is such crap.

The bots got shafted again. Especially the Autobots. I didn't feel their presence at all. It was just Prime basically kicking butt and even that I didn't find that enjoyable because of all the other garbage that was being thrown at me.

What stuck with me was all the horrible decisions that were taken with ROTF. I'm all up for a simple plot and empty characters but Bay just filled up that empty space with embarrassingly annoying characteristics that make them enjoyable as a dirty jock strap.

19. luca_frontino Registered

WOW!!! 20% already!!!
    I've lost. I was too generous with my prediction.
    This is going to end below 10%.

20. TheVileOne Registered

Critics didn't hate Iron Man either.

Or The Incredibles.

I'm also a gigantic Transformers fan. But generally with these movies, the Transformers fans keep their caps on so tight they won't acknowledge any flaws. And I understand because I've been that way about some things before.

21. GhostPoet Registered

I'm defending it because I thought it was a really enjoyable movie. Loved the first one and guess what...I thought this was even better than the first.

22. Mr. Para-Normal Registered

Wow way to be a *****ebag. Some people may like the movie and whats wrong with that? Its their opinion and you bash them wow. I get it these movies are not the best but hey that are what they are just action movies with robots. You call them fanboys but if a movie you like was bashed I am sure you would be a fanboy and defend it. This movie is not trying to be the dark knight guys get off that movies jock seriously. Unlike some fanboys I am a Batman and Transfomers fan and I can enjoy both movies for what they are.

Anyway I will see this movie Friday night with some friends. I will post my user review of the movie after I see it.

23. Mr. Para-Normal Registered

Yea if Dark knight or Iron man SUCKED I am sure you would still defend it. ITs a matter of opinion get over it. Its not like this movie is horrible or the worst movie ever. I mean Paul Blart was top at the box office for a few weeks and that movie was garbage in my opinion. Friday the 13th has no story just an hour and a half of people getting killed and people LOVED it. So whatever these movies are just action movies a popcorn flick no thought is really required. They are not trying to win an oscar people. It you see the movie just check your brain at the door and you might find yourself enjoying it or having a good time at the movies.

24. TheVileOne Registered

Its interesting how people defend the movie by basically saying the transformers movies are stupid so you should just enjoy them for being what they are . . . which is stupid.

25. chaseter Esteemed Member

No one wants to see a deep, thoughtful film with giant robots. They want to see fighting and explosions.