Comics The Official X-Related Questions and Answers Thread

Okay, I'm sort of new to X men. But how does the ORIGINAL Psylocke's telepathic powers differ from Emma Frost's or Jean Grey's? Is she not as powerful as them?

When Psylocke engages in a fight, does she use her telepathy or her combat skills?

Okay, I'm sort of new to X men. But how does the ORIGINAL Psylocke's telepathic powers differ from Emma Frost's or Jean Grey's? Is she not as powerful as them?

Telepathically speaking, Psylocke is weaker then Jean, Emma and possibly Sage too.

I’m not exactly sure where to place Psylocke when it comes to telepathic skill level though.

When Psylocke engages in a fight, does she use her telepathy or her combat skills?

Outback-Psylocke mostly used her telepathic abilities in combat

Ninja-Psylocke mostly used her combat skill, with her telepathic abilities focused into right hand as a psi-blade.

Telepathically speaking, Psylocke is weaker then Jean, Emma and possibly Sage too.

I’m not exactly sure where to place Psylocke when it comes to telepathic skill level though.
I dont read Excalibur so i dont know if CC has been doing anything crazy with Sage but she is not a powerful telepath. Actually she's on the lower end or should be. As of X-treme X-men, she shouldnt even have access her telepathy, but then again, I havent been keeping up with whats been going on with her

Psylocke herself, never seemed that powerful either, but she definetly had more skill and power than Sage.

telepathy wise right? cuz her TK can shatter mountains

Does it look like we're going to get an explanation as to why the x-kids are back in the mix now? The events of Divided we Stand made it look like Scott and Emma really wanted to kids to go off and live normal lives. But here we have Prodigy and Pixie popping up more often and Anole joining the NXM team. I believe I saw Mercury in a comic last week.

Something I've been wanting details on for a while, because it occurred long before I was reading X-books:

Why did Storm become the "goddess" character? And when she did so, did her abilities get stronger or anything, or did just the way that people referred to as/viewed her change?

Something I've been wanting details on for a while, because it occurred long before I was reading X-books:

Why did Storm become the "goddess" character? And when she did so, did her abilities get stronger or anything, or did just the way that people referred to as/viewed her change?
As much as I love her...

It's because Claremont had a ***** for her. :o

CC would have us believe that Storm and Psylocke are the best mutants to ever walk the Earth

But then why did everyone keep the goddess thing going? I wish she had never married BP :csad:

Does it look like we're going to get an explanation as to why the x-kids are back in the mix now? The events of Divided we Stand made it look like Scott and Emma really wanted to kids to go off and live normal lives. But here we have Prodigy and Pixie popping up more often and Anole joining the NXM team. I believe I saw Mercury in a comic last week.
I think that was already explained in the recent events of Uncanny. Scott and Emma initially thought it was best to disband the X-men and let the kids move on but then realized that the world needs them which is why they set up a new base in San Francisco

That makes sense but I hope they show all the kids coming back. I still never thought I'd see Anole around again, given the way he "reacted" to Northstar's compassion in DWS

That makes sense but I hope they show all the kids coming back. I still never thought I'd see Anole around again, given the way he "reacted" to Northstar's compassion in DWS
thats the 1 kid that definetly needs some explanation. I hope they dont just have him pop up in Young X-men ready to fight. The resolution that he had in DWS made sense and it was a good ending point for him. Something needs to happen to get him back and I hope his story from that book isnt ignored

Is there anything I need to read b4 this NYX: No Way Home mini that's out now? I didn't read the original NYX, but how important is it to my understanding of this new mini?

I'm not reading it myself, but when I once thought about it for a few seconds, Specter ran to his room dug out the old NYX issues and plopped them down in front of me, so...I'd say I guess it's important to read the older stuff?

If Spec was my roomate, I think my comic-nerdiness level would quadruple :(

You guys are only 40 mins away from me but I can feel it already lol

Haha. You just have to be strong. Though he has made me so much more nerdier in other ways. (Helllllooo Doctor Who. :o)

And really? Hmm. I knew Pickles wasn't too far from us.

I had a question and I'm not sure if its been asked. Whats the deal with Northstar? Some artists draw him with the pointy ears and others with normal ears. I remember seeing something about him being part elf or something or was it part of his mutation?

I had a question and I'm not sure if its been asked. Whats the deal with Northstar? Some artists draw him with the pointy ears and others with normal ears. I remember seeing something about him being part elf or something or was it part of his mutation?
His ears have nothing to do with his mutations. Its just a matter of the artists particular interpretation. What bugs me more is that he's sometimes colored with black hair and other times with white. They never seem to be consistant with that

I've read an explanation for that. Originally, Northstar was intended to have pure black hair, but many early artists used streaks of white in his hair to indicate how much sheen it has. Later artists would interpret the white streaks as grey hair instead of lighting effects, and thus Northstar is sometimes drawn with grey hair instead of black.

It's the same reason some artists can't decide whether the original X-Men costume was yellow/black or yellow/blue.

His ears have nothing to do with his mutations. Its just a matter of the artists particular interpretation.
Not really. It's pretty clear he has pointed ears. Not drawing them would be an artistic mistake. However, the half elf thing turned out to be untrue. He just has pointed ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"