Comics The Official X-Related Questions and Answers Thread

Rogue as a verb means to destroy. Rogue , by nature of her power destroys what she touches.

Rogue as an adjective means no longer obedient, belonging or accepted. Thats pretty much how Rogue felt after her powers manifested

Oh, ok, makes perfect sense now :up: I've only ever heard of "a rogue."

Oh, thanks a lot guys. Anybody know about Psylocke? And Ive got more, just cant think of them right now.

Psylocke's name is a pun on the word psyche.

Psyche = Psy Key
Psylocke = Psy Lock

Thought up by Mojo no less. And if there's anyone who loves a good pun more...

Wow, never would have thought of that. Thanks. If I remember any others Ill ask.

The only one Ive thought of is Cable. What's the meaning behind his codename?

The only one Ive thought of is Cable. What's the meaning behind his codename?
I think it has to do with a cable being something that links two points and Cable, being the time traveler, is a link between the past and future

Last edited:
Well, I thought of this question the other day:

Rogue can absorb not only mutant abilities through touch but also memories and other abilities or skills that people may have. So can she absorb superhuman abilities that dont come from mutation? LIke Spiderman or Hulk's abilities.....

Well, I thought of this question the other day:

Rogue can absorb not only mutant abilities through touch but also memories and other abilities or skills that people may have. So can she absorb superhuman abilities that dont come from mutation? LIke Spiderman or Hulk's abilities.....
Yep. That's how she got Ms. Marvel's flight and superstrength. Ms. Marvel's not a mutant. She's a human with alien Kree DNA bonded to her.

It's about damn time she learns to control her power, there's nothing in her body prevents her from doing that, if it's really a psychological problem, at least get an issue to try to explain it to the fans, just to make it formal, don't just let her problem of unable to touch hang like that forever.

I dont think anyone cares about Rogue's touching issues anymore. Seriously, thats a plot that hasnt had much effect in ages and doesnt really add anything to her anymore

I dont think anyone cares about Rogue's touching issues anymore. Seriously, thats a plot that hasnt had much effect in ages and doesnt really add anything to her anymore

Except for herself, which is the real problem imo.

I'm with UraniaChang on this. They need to resolve her inability to touch once and for all.

Wow, compeletely forgot about Ms. Marvels's powers. Thanks

That was pretty much her primary power set for years. Her superstrength and flight.

Yeah, thats why I feel stupid for forgetting.
dont be since Marvel has been trying to erase it from her for years. I remember playing XML2 with my younger cousin and he was like "Rogue can fly?" Rogue hasnt had MM powers in the Marvel Universe for years. She also doesnt have it in the movies, X-men Evolution, the new Wolverine and the X-men series, Ultimate X-men, etc... They want fans to forget about it and its worked to an extent. Sucks bc its when Rogue really started to go downhill as a character

dont be since Marvel has been trying to erase it from her for years. I remember playing XML2 with my younger cousin and he was like "Rogue can fly?" Rogue hasnt had MM powers in the Marvel Universe for years. She also doesnt have it in the movies, X-men Evolution, the new Wolverine and the X-men series, Ultimate X-men, etc... They want fans to forget about it and its worked to an extent. Sucks bc its when Rogue really started to go downhill as a character

that's really sad! i LOVE the old rogue! :yay:

I cant remember but exactly how did Emma get into a coma circa Uncanny X-men 170ish? I remember them showing her as such right around the time Rogue joined the X-men in the From the Ashes TPB. How and when did she wake up?

According to UXN's handy dandy spotlight section, it says that it was shown to be Mastermind who put her in the coma, probably blaming her mindtap for him losing control of Phoenix. How she woke up was never explained.

I see Mastermind is the only person in the entire Marvel Universe who actually blames Emma for the Dark Phoenix. It's like everyone else (especially Scott) forgot all about her involvement.

I see Mastermind is the only person in the entire Marvel Universe who actually blames Emma for the Dark Phoenix. It's like everyone else (especially Scott) forgot all about her involvement.
She's pretty, blonde and has big boobs. They tend to have that affect on men and lesbians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"