Comics The Official X-Related Questions and Answers Thread

She's pretty, blonde and has big boobs. They tend to have that affect on men and lesbians.
That certainly explains Scott, Logan, Hank, and Xi'an, and Ororo's reactions...

According to UXN's handy dandy spotlight section, it says that it was shown to be Mastermind who put her in the coma, probably blaming her mindtap for him losing control of Phoenix. How she woke up was never explained.
thanks. Weird that it wasnt explained bc it wasnt long after this that she was showing up in New Mutants running her school in Massachusetts

I see Mastermind is the only person in the entire Marvel Universe who actually blames Emma for the Dark Phoenix. It's like everyone else (especially Scott) forgot all about her involvement.
Emma is Marvel's favorite pet. Of course all is forgiven with her. Im not surprised though

I'm not hating. I'm just saying that Cyclops is currently dating the woman who turned his wife into a genocidal suicide case in the first place. Scott's moving on because Jean has a habit of dieing on him, but he's sharing his bed with the lady who made Jean die on him the first time.

I'm not hating. I'm just saying that Cyclops is currently dating the woman who turned his wife into a genocidal suicide case in the first place. Scott's moving on because Jean has a habit of dieing on him, but he's sharing his bed with the lady who made Jean die on him the first time.
No, I get that, and I wasn't talking to you.

If Emma's an STD. I want one now.

the only way I can see him rationalizing it was bc the person Emma help corrupt wasnt actually Jean, but the Phoenix Force who took her place. Still no one knew that at the time but I can see him giving her a free pass bc of that

LOL....and that wasnt the first time Jean "died" on him. He thought she had died months before this when the new team of X-men faced off against Magneto for the first time. He didnt find out that Jean was alive till months later and soon after that Dark Phoenix sacrificed herself on the moon

Besides, if it weren't because of Emma it will be because of anyone else. Dying is pretty much all Jean's character sums up, even my brother, who's not an X-Men fan refers to her as 'the woman who dies all the time'.

Besides, if it weren't because of Emma it will be because of anyone else. Dying is pretty much all Jean's character sums up, even my brother, who's not an X-Men fan refers to her as 'the woman who dies all the time'.
the issue wasnt Emma getting Jean killed, but messing with her head trying to corrupt and control her for her own selfish power gain which resulted in Phoenix going insane, destroying a star and becoming this huge cosmic threat. Had it not been for Emma and Mastermind, I dont think that stuff would have happened. It wasnt the last time Emma tried this as well as she manipulated and tried to control Firestar as a teen to be her own personal assasin. Luckily she didnt go insane and on a rampage when she found out how Emma was using her

My problem isn't that it was Emma who drove Jean to insanity. My problem is that years after Emma drove Jean to insanity, Scott slept with her and was ready to leave Jean for her. If someone other than Emma had turned Jean into the Dark Phoenix, then I'd be pissed if Scott was sleeping with that other person.

Let me put it this way...

-Woman-A is Man-A's lover
-Woman-B kills Woman-A (indirectly)
-Woman-A recovers
-Woman-A and Man-A get married
-Man-A sleeps with Woman-B
-Has Man-A completely forgotten what Woman-B did to his wife?!

If the X-Men have to treat everyone on the team according to their past, and never forget, half of them will have to kill each other first while their enemies sit and rejoice and wait to reap the rewards.

Besides, Scott wasn't thinking very straight at the time he got involved with Emma cause of the whole Apocalypse-took-over thing, and he wasn't particularly emotionally connected with Jean as before.

And Emma is a better girlfriend for Scott than Jean imo. Semma > Jott. I don't mind if she had caused Jean gone insane, some people are just ferocious when it comes to get rid of the rivalry, and Emma is hardly the girl-next-door type anyway.

I suppose I'm a little biased cause Jean has not much of place in my mind at the moment. *shrug*

Last edited:
hey, so...im reading through wolverine origins atm and im on volume 4 where hes in world war 2 i think. whats confusing me is that natalia romanova (black widow) and nick fury. but would tht make them like 80+ in the current timeline? im quite confused.

Emma is just more interesting than Jean, and her and Cyclops are more interesting together than he and Jean ever were.

I just hope they resolve this whole Emma/Scott lieing to each other to help protect Mutants everwhere story.

In the past, Scott would have told Jean everything, but the moment they weren't talking to each other, problems arised; Scott and Emma's reaction and interaction in thier relationship are more realistic imo.

Thunderbolts and Dark Avengers would be good ones to stay on top of things

dark avengers has caught my interest. i only get trades though because its easier to keep them nice and neat. and i much prefare have books with story arcs in than the single issues.

dark avengers dosent have a trade yet does it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"