The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loyal guy.....

Hunter - The way I try and work out goal of the season is could I do it? For instance I might be able to flukily smash a Yeboah like volley in, but I could never do what Di Canio (I've tried many a time!) or Bergkamp did. I've sliced in a Cisse like effort before (albeit the keeper was a foot smaller and less talented than Petr Cech) but never in a million years could I do a Crouch!

Last edited:
I do the same and that's why I've never awarded a goal of the season yet.

Sad to see Pate Rice go. Steve Bould I'm sure will do a good job but I would of liked to see Tony Adams get the number 2 job.

Interesting trivia: Tony Adam's local boozer is (was?) same as mine!

It doesn't fill me with confidence that the defence of our U-18's team which Bould coaches is significantly worse than our first team is. :csad:

our new kit looks boss

5-wkl2012.jpg

Looks good. Simple, elegant and class.

Who's the kit supplier, spidey?

Btw, is there a particular reason for the change to a more 'retro' looking emblem for next season?

The new kit looks really nice, far better than our ugly looking kit for next season.

Last edited:
looks boring.....:oldrazz:

Liverpool kit looks swank! :up: Is it as dark a red as the pics make it seem? Shame the old Carlsberg squiggly writing wasn't on it, that Standard Chartered writing is a bit clumsy.

Hunter - The way I try and work out goal of the season is could I do it? For instance I might be able to flukily smash a Yeboah like volley in, but I could never do what Di Canio (I've tried many a time!) or Bergkamp did. I've sliced in a Cisse like effort before (albeit the keeper was a foot smaller and less talented than Petr Cech) but never in a million years could I do a Crouch!

It's funny you should mention that as I scored one like Crouchies as a young lad, only on the drop without the first touch, ahhh those were the days! :woot:

Who's the kit supplier, spidey?

Btw, is there a particular reason for the change to a more 'retro' looking emblem for next season?

The new kit looks really nice, far better than our ugly looking kit for next season.

Warrior - some american company who paid us massive amounts for the privilege

not sure about the badge, but definitely makes the fans happy, probably good market research from them - club crest is still the same

Would love to know what the Spurs chefs have planned for lunch on Sunday.

our new kit looks boss

5-wkl2012.jpg

Probably the best looking Liverpool strip in I'm sure at least 10 years. The Adidas kits were always far too busy for my liking with all the strips & material designs.. mainly only a problem with Liverpool strips as the Real Madrid ones always seemed to be be fairly plain in comparison. The last decent looking one I can remember would have been one of the Reebok ones.. and I'm sure it's at least 10 years since they were the clubs kit manufacturer.

Would have looked better if it was just the Warrior logo or else the Warrior name as opposed to both.

It's funny you should mention that as I scored one like Crouchies as a young lad, only on the drop without the first touch, ahhh those were the days! :woot:

A Coruchy? Ooh I doth my cap sir! I would say the touch and the fact the ball doesn't hit the ground makes it a better goal than Cisse's but obviously we need to rename the Crouchy the Hunter.
Ah to be a young scamp again, here's an interesting question, which player were you on the playground? When in goal I was Nigel Martyn, but out pitch I was rather randomly Rob Lee.... ah even as a child I aimed high!

That Liverpool shirt is boss compare it to this cheap lump of ****e

LeedsKit.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with that kit above, in fact I think I might go down to Elland Road and buy the shirt tomorrow....

Wait was Pat Rice sacked or did he leave of his own accord?

Warrior - some american company who paid us massive amounts for the privilege

not sure about the badge, but definitely makes the fans happy, probably good market research from them - club crest is still the same

Ah, yeah. I vaguely remember them being mentioned by you a while back.

Yeah, it looks nice. I was just wondering if there was some meaning behind it (i.e. an anniversary or something).

Nothing wrong with that kit above, in fact I think I might go down to Elland Road and buy the shirt tomorrow....

All slagging aside, have you had any problems with the Macron shirts? The new sponsors came off last seasons in the wash for me, I also lose the Macron logo aswell. My old Puma, Asics, Admiral and Nike shirts are still in awesome condition but the new ones don't seem to last 2 minutes. I think I'm going to go for the '75 retro shirt this year.

Congrats to Pardew on winning the manager of the season reward, well deserved. :up:

A Coruchy? Ooh I doth my cap sir! I would say the touch and the fact the ball doesn't hit the ground makes it a better goal than Cisse's but obviously we need to rename the Crouchy the Hunter.
Ah to be a young scamp again, here's an interesting question, which player were you on the playground? When in goal I was Nigel Martyn, but out pitch I was rather randomly Rob Lee.... ah even as a child I aimed high!

Haha! those were days man, I'd pull a muscle if I tried to kick a ball at that angle these days. :funny: I always just to play as Bryan Robson, he was my idol as a kid.

Are your bodies ready for Super Saturday?

All slagging aside, have you had any problems with the Macron shirts? The new sponsors came off last seasons in the wash for me, I also lose the Macron logo aswell. My old Puma, Asics, Admiral and Nike shirts are still in awesome condition but the new ones don't seem to last 2 minutes. I think I'm going to go for the '75 retro shirt this year.

Strangely no I've had no problem with the sponsors logos on the Macron shirts but I've got all my Puma and Nike shirts and the Puma logos all came off except the one on the Sky Blue Lazio shirt. I've got a couple of the retro shirts the '75 and '86 away ones. I think I might get the '96 Tony Yeboa goal of the season shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"