• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strangely no I've had no problem with the sponsors logos on the Macron shirts but I've got all my Puma and Nike shirts and the Puma logos all came off except the one on the Sky Blue Lazio shirt. I've got a couple of the retro shirts the '75 and '86 away ones. I think I might get the '96 Tony Yeboa goal of the season shirt.

Now that was a shirt, I've still got mine and it still looks almost new! With the Macron ones it seems to be which shirt you have, last seasons home went in no time at all for me and a few mates, but the blue away one is indestructible. The Enterprise Insurance logo seems to be almost as bad as the Whyte and Mackay one.
After the Coca Cola Cup final I can't face that Yeboah shirt anymore :csad:

Whilst me may disagree on this seasons home, can we both agree that it's criminal we didn't have a yellow away shirt last year? if the new one this year isn't yellow....

What have you made of the Pearce signing btw? I'm hopeful and stunned in all honesty that we spent £500k straight up, just hope that isn't our only signing.

Last edited:
So there's apparently some controversy over the new Liverpool kit with the Hillsborough families. Can someone shed some light on this?

something to do with the flames being moved to the back of the collar or something.....

So there's apparently some controversy over the new Liverpool kit with the Hillsborough families. Can someone shed some light on this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18033752

It explains it all here, from an outside view I think they're being slightly pathetic as Liverpool as a club honour those lost in it like no other. They need to look at families like those affected from the Bradford City fires, look at the difference in media coverage, look at how in comparison Liverpool bend over backwards to please them and remember the lost. Any other club all they'd get is a plaque and a minutes silence.

No just reading that. I mean, the fact that they say "The continued refusal of the club to acknowledge the HJC is insensitive, divisive and deplorable - 96 is more than a number. LFC would do well to remember that." is amazing to me. It's not the fact that they are ignoring the tragedy, which they're not it's the fact that they're not consulting them that has angered them. Ridiculous.

Ferguson was in Germany tonight/last night watching Dortmund/Bayern probably looking at Shinji Kagawa in person, have to say he played well against one of the best midfields/teams in Europe at the moment so I can't imagine he didn't impress him.

Supposedly Kagawa has already more or less said that he is leaving Dortmund for Manchester United in the summer on Twitter.. supposedly we are looking at adding him for £8m. Looks like he could be a good signing provided he can fit into our system & adapt to the Premiership.. however if he can play well in the German league & against Bayern, I can't imagine he'll struggle.

If we could add him, Hazard & possibly Javi Martinez I'd have a new found confidence about going into the Champions League next year. Giggs should be used as an impact sub & Scholes (if he stays) should be used against stubborn teams.

I find it amusing that all the transfer mumblings surrounding Kagawa have been in regard to United for a good while, we apparently throw our hat into the ring in the last few days, and within 24 hours 'Arry and the Spuds throw their hat into the ring too. Seriously, stop following us around you wheeler dealer... :hehe:

If we could add him, Hazard & possibly Javi Martinez I'd have a new found confidence about going into the Champions League next year. Giggs should be used as an impact sub & Scholes (if he stays) should be used against stubborn teams.

I can't see United adding all three of those. Hazard seems deffo nailed on to join either City or Chelsea, and United are likely the second option if either of those fall through. Bit pee'd off that we're going to miss out on him after having followed him for so long, but he's been coming across recently a bit like another Nasri. Have United been linked with Martinez?

Yeah, for all his talent, can't say I'm in love with Hazard's attitude to be honest. He already said he would be wearing blue next season so I think we can eliminate United, Arsenal and Stoke from the running.

I can't see United adding all three of those. Hazard seems deffo nailed on to join either City or Chelsea, and United are likely the second option if either of those fall through. Bit pee'd off that we're going to miss out on him after having followed him for so long, but he's been coming across recently a bit like another Nasri. Have United been linked with Martinez?

I can't see them adding them all either, however I can live in hope.

I really would like to see us add 2 or 3 midfielders in the summer. Defence wise I feel we are covered, Ferdinand is our oldest defender but has shown hes still got it for now & with Vidic returning next season we'll be even stronger at the back. Up top we've Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez, Owen... :csad: or Macheda so I'd be content with that. It's midfield I feel we are weakest & need the most improving.

I'm not sure, I read something about Hazard saying he wanted to play in blue next year.. however all of the major papers seemed to completely ignore that comment he supposedly made which makes me doubt it's credibility as you'd expect papers like The Sun, The Mirror etc to be all over that like a rash. I'd like to see him at United however I think he'll cost £20m+ & in truth, I'd rather see us land 3 £10m midfielders than 1 £25m & 1 £5m.

They were connected with Martinez a while back along with Liverpool however I've not heard anything in months.. however hes a player that would completely change our midfields mentality in the middle so I'd quite like to see us add him. + he is capable of playing centre back if needed & Ferguson seems to like players that are versatile so he'd fit the bill.

Pretty much in this day and age, you look at all the top teams, you need a CAM and defensive midfielder.

Yeah, Martinez is quality. I'm still expecting Hazard to wind up at City though. The funny thing about that however, will be he'll most likely go there and replace Nasri. :oldrazz:

On a sidenote, if I had a choice between the likes of Hazard and Gotze, at this moment I'd quite likely go with Gotze.

At the moment I feel he'd fit in well attitude wise with City as he seems more interested in money, cars etc than he does football & loyalty. Even though, if the 4 choices of clubs are United, Arsenal, Chelsea & City the least amount of playing time he'll get would be at City.. he'll probably be happy enough to go collect £200k per week for playing 30 minutes here, 60 minutes there.

To be honest if City's owners/managment had brains, they should be looking at signing players to add depth to their squad, because it will eventually get to the stage were they are paying bench & reserve players 1st team fees & wages... but I suppose they don't care since they'll probably organise another blatantly crooked sponsership deal to cover their spendings to fit in with the financial fair play rules.

The blue comment was proven to be made up but Hazard seems to be ****ing himself and is very interested in money, sad thing is with that kind of talent he will still make City even stronger.

So what is everyone hoping for, for their team in this summer's transfer market?

I suspect Fergie, Le Proff and Kenny will be shopping at Tescos while City and Chelsea are off to Harrods.

Hazard comes across as a knob alright, and do Barca really need another midfield maestro?

Looking forward to final day. :woot: Can't see City messing up, only a monumental meltdown (players getting sent off, OGs, injuries, etc etc) would cause it.

Saw a fan wearing a Union Jack costume at the Bolton v Stoke game.

SO Utd 1-0 up. City still 0-0.

How the hell did that go in?!

Zabaleta 1-0 City

Bolton leading... QPR are down... they have to fight now

Toon losing, Spurs winning, Arsenal drawing.

At moment Spurs would finish 3rd, Arsenal 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"