The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
The chant was "It's never your fault". I know it started as a Suarez chant, but I think it's pretty obvious from the timing that it was a Hillsborough reference. To suggest otherwise is just naive.

it's sung too often to suggest the song was timed for Hillsborough... To suggest otherwise is naive...

Typical MOTD, Welbeck dives twice and instead of hammering him they blame the goalkeeper! Strange they were always happy to have a go at Ronaldo....

Last edited:
Great day to be a United fan, major rivals dropping points, solid win against Wigan, and Büttner and Powell getting debut goals! They are both looking like something special too, if they carry on like this we've got ourselves a couple of absolute gems.

Great day to be a United fan, major rivals dropping points, solid win against Wigan, and Büttner and Powell getting debut goals! They are both looking like something special too, if they carry on like this we've got ourselves a couple of absolute gems.

not just goals.... both getting really good goals...

ooooh just seen the Madrid result, they may aswell present Barca with the trophy next week.

Yeah, being a madrid fan, this hurts. The worst part I have to agree with mourinho when he said they don't have a team.

So many individuals out their playing, Higuain, Ronaldo, Modric, Ozil.

So many are trying to be that huge difference maker and thats always gonna be the issue with dealing with Egos like that.

Hell, even Benzema at times looked to be more anxious to try and get his piece of the cake.

I really hope mourinho turns it around and teaches them how to play beautiful attacking soccer again, and none of this "the whole weight is on my shoulders" deal.

I usually like Real Madrid, but today was a pain to watch them. Every one was crying out there on the pitch.

1347749887185.gif

It's supposedly a very unhappy dressing room, even last year there's a massive divide between the Spanish speakers and the Portugese speakers. Even though they aren't playing well I've got a feeling City will beat them on Tuesday.

it's sung too often to suggest the song was timed for Hillsborough... To suggest otherwise is naive...

errrrm you realise it is a chant about Hillsborough right? Always one of the ones that hurts the most aswell

errrrm you realise it is a chant about Hillsborough right? Always one of the ones that hurts the most aswell

I've seen people who weren't even at the game, United fans, try to pass off on Twitter that the chant was aimed at the Suarez/Evra saga last season.. Given the recent developments & the fact that the game was involving Wigan, I can't for the life of me think of a logical reason that would back up that statement. As far as I am concerned the chants were directly aimed at Liverpool FC given the Hillsborough developments this week. Completely disgraceful & those involved in the chanting should be banned from the stadium for life.

However I'd like to point out, unlike what many Liverpool, Manchester City fan sites & forums would have you believe, it was a small minority of the crowd that was participating in that particular chant. By small minority I'm talking about a number even less than the number of away fans at the stadium. It still doesn't justify the chants by any means as it's still 100-3000 people out of 76,000 too many chanting, however I want to put it into perspective as most rival club fan sites would have you believe that the entire stadium was chanting & we are all classless ****s.

The only reason this got any sort of publicity was because of last weeks developments. Abusive & poisonous chants are thrown about regarding a variety of subjects in every single ground up & down the stadium every Saturday. I mean I'm doing a quick search on Google & if we only acknowledge the things that are reported, John Terry didn't receive one abusive chant calling him a racist or one involving him & a teammates missus..

How the heck did QPR land Julio Cesar..

In my opinion he is easily in the Top 10 GK's in the world.. maybe even Top 5 for some people.

Peter Odemwingie went all Soviet-Union on Fulham defender Sascha Riether yesterday.

In my opinion he is easily in the Top 10 GK's in the world.. maybe even Top 5 for some people.

What? Julio Cesar is very mediocre. You ask how QPR landed him? Easily because no other big club wanted him.

What? Julio Cesar is very mediocre. You ask how QPR landed him? Easily because no other big club wanted him.

I disagree about Cesar being mediocre, but I think all the other clubs are content with their goal tending at the moment and would rather spend on outfield players. Where as inter needed outfield players, or else they'd never bloody score.

He's in the same situation as Maicon, until WC 2010 he was fantastic but he had a horror show against Holland and never looked the same since. There's the potential to be great again, but I hear he has an underlying elbow injury which could stop that.

not just goals.... both getting really good goals...

I would chalk Buttner's goal up to a touch of good fortune, but Powell's was senstational. I'm very, very happy we've got him, and I hope he develops the way he looks like he will, because all the talk of needing to replace Scholes could very well become moot.

Darth and Kit nailed it, he hasn't been the same player since 2010. He barely even starts for Brazil nowadays.

Completely disagree, he hasn't had a massive fall from grace or a series of blunders that has tarnished his reputation, he was ever reliable last year when called upon for Inter. Still a very good keeper as far as I am concerned.

Perhaps Inter were worried he would become fat. Just like every other great Brazilian player past their prime.

Darth and Kit nailed it, he hasn't been the same player since 2010. He barely even starts for Brazil nowadays.

I completely disagree. If he'd made a series of high profile mistakes in an Inter top last season I'd agree, but he didn't, just the usual errors here & there much like with any goalkeeper, not enough to have tarnished his reputation as one of the best.

I still believe he is recognised as Brazil's 1st choice goalkeeper, don't forget alot of Brazil's fixtures over the past year or two have been friendlies & nothing of importance. The last competitive competition they played in was the Copa America in 2011 & he was their starter for that if I recall correctly.

I think he was on a downward trend even before WC 2010. The thing is, he doesn't make any huge gaffes but he lets a lot of very easy goals get past him. He just tends to have some big moments too where you're like "How did he save that?!" but the last few years I've seen him allow a lot of soft goals. He's a lot like Shay Given in that respect.

For the first time ever, I saw two MLS games on the same day: Portland vs. Seattle on NBC and locally with FC Dallas vs. Vancouver. Talk about the difference in crowds. In Portland, the crowd was rowdy and singing and chanting all throughout the match. In Dallas, the crowd didn't give a damn. George John of FC Dallas was injured and carted off last night. He suffered a sprain and could be out between 2 to 6 weeks, which is a bit of good news, because John and Brek Shea are the two FC Dallas players to receive interest from Europe.

I'm surprised a bit but it's awesome: David Silva has signed a new 5-year contract with City! Hope we'll see some good performances against Real Madrid and Arsenal but I'm skeptical, to be honest. Too many questions about our starting XI or Mancini's rotation policy. Really, really hope I'm wrong but this season should be harsh.

That's good for City. There were rumors David Silva would leave.

Typical MOTD, Welbeck dives twice and instead of hammering him they blame the goalkeeper! Strange they were always happy to have a go at Ronaldo....

I've seen the viewpoints over the pen desicion regarding Welbeck but what was the second dive?

Buttner looks like at the very least he will be solid cover for Evra, with the potential to develop into an actual replacement. Powell is harder to judge as he was only on a short time, but he did take his goal with real composure and a superb strike.

All in all we were sluggish again on Saturday in the first half, we really need to get our tempo up faster as not many teams will be as obliging as Wigan were.

I'm surprised a bit but it's awesome: David Silva has signed a new 5-year contract with City! Hope we'll see some good performances against Real Madrid and Arsenal but I'm skeptical, to be honest. Too many questions about our starting XI or Mancini's rotation policy. Really, really hope I'm wrong but this season should be harsh.
Great news for you!

I think City will be fine as the season wears on. Last season you threw all those new players together and they did well. Now they will have played together a full season with very few new players upsetting that rhythm and the chemistry can only get better. Tevez I think will have a really good season too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"