The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really think Januzaj will be a big thing? I've been impressed by his goals, but not by his playing ability, and I maybe wrong, but I feel he's just another Demba Ba, some of the nicest goals possible, but way too inconsistent. He's still young though, so there's hope.

Do you really think Januzaj will be a big thing? I've been impressed by his goals, but not by his playing ability, and I maybe wrong, but I feel he's just another Demba Ba, some of the nicest goals possible, but way too inconsistent. He's still young though, so there's hope.
I'm not the best person to ask but the flashes of talent he's shown at that age are comparable to some top players. Ronaldo for eg early on would beat his man every time and then do nothing useful with the ball. There's plenty of time to strengthen areas of his game and overall play but the one thing you can't give a player however hard he works is the base talent. There's hope there for sure but no guarantee he won't turn into another Machieda at the same time. The difference between him and many of Utd's other squad members is that there's no hope for some of them lol.

I definitely believe Januzaj will be a big player for United going forward. It's not his goals that have impressed me, it's his ability to ghost past a defender and his awareness and intelligence on the ball as well as his deft weight of pass.

Good win for Spurs last night and great to see Lamela play well, hope he gets a start at the weekend.

Yeah, I thought the same. This is going to make a very tough group much more straightforward. Beating Marseille at home should now put them well on their way. Chelsea also bounced back very well from the Newcastle game for a 3-0 victory.

I have no doubt Arsenal will beat Marseille at The Emirates and that should be enough, Napoli is a tough away trip but Wenger's men are playing with such confidence right now that I think they can win anywhere. Yeah I never thought Jose wouldn't get Chelsea through despite the early blip against Basel.

So you need at least a draw there I guess.

Yeah, that should be enough I think as I believe we can beat Shakatar at Old Trafford.

Well with reports that the Mexico coach has told Hernandez to run like hell and never look back and now rumours that arsenal are interested

How long do united fans think is left for little pea at United.

Good win for Spurs last night and great to see Lamela play well, hope he gets a start at the weekend.

I have no doubt Arsenal will beat Marseille at The Emirates and that should be enough, Napoli is a tough away trip but Wenger's men are playing with such confidence right now that I think they can win anywhere. Yeah I never thought Jose wouldn't get Chelsea through despite the early blip against Basel.

Yeah, that should be enough I think as I believe we can beat Shakatar at Old Trafford.
The English clubs seem to be playing a bit better recently. Hopefully Utd & Arsenal go through and we have 4 out of 16. (used to be almost a given)

Well with reports that the Mexico coach has told Hernandez to run like hell and never look back and now rumours that arsenal are interested

How long do united fans think is left for little pea at United.
I never even thought of Hernandez as a target but it makes sense. Utd need to be careful if Rooney & Hernandez both want out this summer. Get the replacements in early this time or don't commit to sell. No last minute haggling.

Even worse than making the mistake is admitting it. Moyes has surprised me by never knowing when to keep his mouth shut. Wasn't expecting miracles on the pitch early days but thought he'd at least have this under wraps.

Ozil is making Giroud look world class. I can only imagine what he could accomplish playing right behind Rooney and RVP.

Ozil is making Giroud look world class. I can only imagine what he could accomplish playing right behind Rooney and RVP.
Who exactly does Moyes think is doing what Ozil can do for Utd at the moment? Very worrying. This is the kind of thinking that transforms one club's season at the expense of another.

According to the article he mentions Rooney and Kagawa. Kagawa's playing time has been limited to say the least and while Rooney by my estimations has been United's best player so far this season is not a midfielder. No matter how hard they try to make him one lol.

If he really rates Kagawa he should have made him a permanent starter. And Rooney can do a similar job in some respects but from a different position which is not the same thing at all. It means there's no reason not to get Ozil when you have Rooney as they can both create within the same team. And I remember Moyes opening his mouth about Rooney almost insinuating that he was a back up striker (not midfield creator) for VP which I believe caused part of the earlier probs with Roo. Is Moyes just confused?

The injection of Ozil into Arsenal has transformed that team, not just from Ozil's skills but with everyone else playing better as a result of such a world class inclusion and having the belief that can finally get the top players (and not lose their own top players every season). Utd ironically look like a team that have been stripped of an Ozil and demoralised as a result.

The English clubs seem to be playing a bit better recently. Hopefully Utd & Arsenal go through and we have 4 out of 16. (used to be almost a given)

Yeah, rivalries aside I like to see the 4 PL teams at least make it to the knockout stage.

:doh: I wonder if he's taking the blame for the incompetent Woodward, if not then he's more clueless than I thought.

Yeah! Liverpool leading Fulham 2 - 0, second place here we come!

Yeah mate thought that was common knowledge.

It was right at the start of the window real even came and offered him to united but nah old davey wanted to be reunited with sideshow.

Yeah its one thing to hear reports from unnamed sources. Its another to hear it coming straight from the horse's mouth.

Extra 4 minutes for Chelsea.

More Referee big side 'magic time' in which for some unknown reason big sides get extra minutes on the clock if they are losing.

Fulham got hammered. I think Jol is just trying to wait out this run of big teams.

Chelsea 2-2 West Brom
Chelsea must have got a late goal. They were 2-1 down at home to West Brom with not long left. So they get 1 point but Mourinho must be pissed.

Liverpool 4-0 Fulham
Wow their form continues and Suarez gets 2 more.

Sunderland 4-1 Hull
Sunderland now in 3rd place!!

If Ashley Young's the other day was a penalty then that one is stonewall :cwink:

Was just about to post would he been in for the same amount of grief young got I doubt it

Both players went down faster than a hooker with a Bogof special, neither should have been.

Was just about to post would he been in for the same amount of grief young got I doubt it

Both players went down faster than a hooker with a Bogof special, neither should have been.

Young's dive was worse imo. Not seen anyone here comment on that though...No gifs for Young eh?.

With Ramires he leaned into the guy, but that defender also leaned into him (if you watch his path and not just Ramires you can see him lean in at the same moment too). As Ramires had dragged the ball away from that defender he had no chance of getting to it, so it was a body check, contact made etc.

Ramires made the most of it, and it shouldn't have been a penalty imo (though I've seen our defenders get penalised for less), but it was a much better shout than Young's was, where he was barely touched at all and went down after the fact.

And btw, we had a better shout denied earlier in the half. They only showed the replay once and the commentators (Tony Gale, notoriously anti-chelsea) dismissed it immediately, though from what I saw it was a foul. Guess we won't be seeing gif's made for that one though...:cwink:

Still, the point only saved Jose's 'no loss' Premier League home record for a little longer. It was still 2 points lost we can't afford to be throwing away. Another game we dominated, but still lacking a cutting edge against a determined defence, and not showing nearly enough urgency until we went behind (thanks to a bit of a howler from Cech...Old Petr's getting a wee bit too leaky these days for my liking).

Unless we can get some consistency going we ain't do too well this season.

Top team gets dodgy penalty at home shock :o
If that Chelsea Penalty is the last one I'll buy you all a Tony Pulis-esque tracksuit and cap

Enough of that rubbish Super Ross McCormack with all 4 in a rare away win at Charlton, shows how far we've fallen that this feels like winning the league!

Young's dive was worse imo. Not seen anyone here comment on that though...No gifs for Young eh?.

People expect it more from Young than Ramires.

Young goes down if there is a breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"