The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - Part 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a silly goal to concede.. really, silly..

Blind made the error not following his man, but De Gea made it so senselessly easy for Pedro there.
De Gea came up because of Smalling and Blind. Blind is slow as hell, but Smalling was just idiotic.

De Gea came up because of Smalling and Blind. Blind is slow as hell, but Smalling was just idiotic.

2 or 3 of them made errors &/or hesitated, unfortunately De Gea didn't hesitate because if he had of hesitated in coming out for it he'd have stayed in goal & wouldn't have given Pedro such an easy finish.

Was really poor all round from the 2 or 3 players involved.

This game may well be over already. 2-0

Defence is a mess, could end up anything at the moment.

United's heads don't seem in this, they're allowing Chelsea players to drift past them and not contesting for possession nearly as much.

2-0 as I type this.

Chelsea still having loads of chances.

This is going to be massacre at this rate. Blind has to be moved from LB, it's a joke now.

Pogba is one of the most overrated football players. His level is enough in Serie A, but in PL...

Pogba is one of the most overrated football players. His level is enough in Serie A, but in PL...

Pogba's contribution in this game has nothing to do with the current score line...?

Smalling and Blind choosing today to show that they're not top-class defenders. :facepalm:

I get where you guys are coming from but we still have considerable size in the team without him, we have Pogba, Ibra, Bailly, Smalling and Herrera all over 6 foot.

To me when we play Fellaini we limit Pogba as he's pushed too far forward and Fellaini is so technically mediocre that we are losing an option on the ball. If Jose is gonna keep this Mata/Fellaini rotation we need a better player in the Fellaini role who can actually offer something on the ball as well as just playing spoiler.

I know Schneiderlin is not the ideal solution, but his passing is way above Fellaini's, so why isn't he being played there? Or Blind?

Heck, Shaw's pace would've been so much more useful against Chelsea's speedsters, Hazard and Pedro.

Pogba's contribution in this game has nothing to do with the current score line...?

He's not helped by not being played in his right position.

Last edited:
I think it's Blind being at LB that's the issue. If Shaw was at LB that first goal doesn't get conceded, Chelsea are overloading that left side with Moses and Pedro and Blind is getting shredded to pieces.

I think it's Blind being at LB that's the issue. If Shaw was at LB that first goal doesn't get conceded, Chelsea are overloading that left side with Moses and Pedro and Blind is getting shredded to pieces.

Yep, that's how how you're supposed to play with three at the back.

Terrible tackle by Luiz on Fellaini.

Could have been a red but its a typical Luiz tackle.

Yep, that's how how you're supposed to play with three at the back.

Yeah, and it's working extremely well. I have to admit I blame Mourinho for this, he knows Chelsea have been playing 3-4-3 and with that information he selects the least physical option possible at LB...?

Blind at CB I might have still understood but not up against Moses/Pedro.

That's a red. Studs up and above the knee, ref has done Chelsea the biggest favor there.

2-0 HT only one result at the moment unless we can manage to actually create some chances second half and learn to defend in 15 minutes.

I really feel for Bailly trying to keep our defense together. Valencia's been good going forward, at least, but this is the second time this season Jose's got his starting XI and approach wrong against a rival.

Pogba already looks tired. Playing Thursday was stupid.

What subs are you guys hoping to see? Bare minimum I think has to be Shaw on for Blind, I'd even say Shaw for Smalling and Blind to CB. Smalling has been disappointing and he's in his proper position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"