The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like watching someone in slow motion and the pundits still praise him. It's insanity. :lmao:

He's about as washed up as it gets, the way he's protected in the media is pathetic, I doubt he's good enough for the MLS at this point.

Yes, keep that guy on your books as long as possible. I hope Mourinho appreciates his talents and gets plenty of use out of him.

Although he'd obviously cost a lot in fees and wages, and even with you scoring freely at the moment, adding him to the squad could give more options of attacking another way when plan A doesn't work and unlocking the best defences out there which may be less susceptible to your current tactics. Would certainly be a significant boost to your squad at the very least.

Mourino used him a lot last season and he won our POTY at the end of season awards, he's name checked him a couple of times as having a great team ethic and attitude, I think he'll play most of the big games when we go 4-3-3, but in the smaller games he should be featuring right now with Pogba out.

Griezmann is quality no doubt, and he'd improve us no question, I'm just wondering for the money we are going to be paying whether he's the ideal player to maintain the balance in the front 4.

Yes, as long as we can be competitive against the top teams I'll gladly take that for now. This was good to see after the Brighton game.

I've watched you twice now and the team looks well organized with some decent options in most positions, the thing I think Benitez will try for in January is a quality striker, it's the garing weakness in the side.

I would not say no to those signings. Especially Pulisic. First American footballer I have really liked since Brian McBride.

From a cynical perspective that is also a huge incentive to buy Pulisic, he has the potential to be the first world class attacker in US football history, the marketing potential for him is off the charts.

Yeah I think he's unfortunately just not got the legs or urgency to really keep pace with a game for 90 min. Matic and Fellaini are both lanky but they cover a lot of ground in a match, not in terms of speed or sprints but they're constantly moving and covering gaps. Matic is definitely his safety net, and I have to admit watching him play Matic has made our defense look amazing because of how much he shields our defenders by snuffing things out in midfield.

Matic has performed well beyond what I was expecting, Mourinho said it's the best form of his career and I'd have to agree, it's certainly the best he's been in the PL.

Definitely, he's effectively become our Busquets this season, he's constantly hovering near the last line of defense, but he's comfortable carrying the ball and finds some good forward passes very often. For the PL he's definitely Mourinho's go-to, he's precisely what you need in a PL midfielder, the same way I think Lukaku is that archetypal #9 for us too.

His use of the ball is the big bonus, he wasn't doing that as much last season and maybe that was due to how much Chelsea played on the counter, but he's been given the controller role in this United team and has been excelling at it.

Matic made 41 appearances for club and country last season, and 44 the season before, so it's definitely necessary to spare him in games like yesterday's where we could've rolled to the win easily. I still feel like one of Pereira or Fosu-Mensah should've stayed, but obviously this is in hindsight and the Pogba injury was unforeseen.

I think with TFM there is still uncertainity as to what his best position is and unfortunately Pereira went on loan against the managers wishes. I'd like to see Tuanzebe get some games as a DM, I liked what we saw of him in that role in the handful of games at the end of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"