The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
City have a great chance to win the Cup now with that draw. And being able to rest players late in the season with the league tied up, I think they could do well in both domestic cups.

League & League Cup winners, Semi's in the ECL. I think the FA Cup will evade them.

League & League Cup winners, Semi's in the ECL. I think the FA Cup will evade them.

I think it also depends on how their CL campaign goes, and they have an easy last 16 tie against Basle. I can see them doing well in the FA Cup particularly if they go out of the CL as the only other competition (the league) could be wrapped up during the latter stages. They are in a great position for success this year whatever happens and the bigger the lead they can build in the PL the more chance they have of focusing on the other competitions.

Coutinho gives Liverpool the lead away to Arsenal.

horrific quality match.... both teams are playing terribly. like a bunch of kids.

Liverpool concede three in five minutes to go from 2-0 up to 3-2 down. Great neutral match.

Crazy stuff!

FT 3-3 stupid match TBH... neither team really deserved to win

They both deserved to lose.

Its games like that, that make you appreciate De Gea even more.

Jamie Carragher was trying to put the Arsenal vs Liverpool match over as brilliant on Sky, which coming from a guy with his football values just came off so PR cringey for his paymasters, which sucks as he's usually one of the honest ones.

Having said that as a neutral it was very entertaining, not from a quality aspect as while there were some good moments both sides conceded via horrendous mistakes both defensively and by their comical keepers, it was like a car crash.

Damn, we really need some points today.

All very clandestine with Van Dijk; looks to have played his last game for Soton - wouldnt be surprised if his move to City is all but done and dusted.

giphy.gif

Two points thrown away, Martial, Lingard, Rashford and Mkhi all missed guilt edge chances and then we conceded a stupid goal because we had no one on the pitch to take charge and organize everyone to cover for Smalling's injury, dissapointed in Matic in this regard, he should have taken charge as the senior player.

On the plus side we were better creatively today than we've been in the last few games, Mata and Lingard played well and Lukaku created 3 clear cut chances with some nicely weighted passes.

I'm really surprised and happy about the Toon result. 3 points feels amazing after this barren run, especially away from home. Hope we can use this as a turning point.

Two points thrown away, Martial, Lingard, Rashford and Mkhi all missed guilt edge chances and then we conceded a stupid goal because we had no one on the pitch to take charge and organize everyone to cover for Smalling's injury, dissapointed in Matic in this regard, he should have taken charge as the senior player.

On the plus side we were better creatively today than we've been in the last few games, Mata and Lingard played well and Lukaku created 3 clear cut chances with some nicely weighted passes.

I was saying to 2 friends, one who is a City fan and the other a Utd fan that I think City are in with a chance of major success this season as I can see Utd dropping a few points here and there and the lead getting slightly larger rather or at least being maintained (with Chelsea maybe closing the gap) as games start running out. This would give City the flexibility to play their strongest lineups in the Cups (where they currently have easy draw anyway) when everyone else will be resting for the top 4 Do or Die race. And this team are dominating at a time when there have never been more big PL teams (6 including Spurs). it should be theoretically harder for one team to win every game but one when there are many more realistic banana skins along the way than in the past.

Harry Kane breaks the record held by Alan Shearer for number of premier league goals in a calendar year and surpasses Messi record for this year as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"