The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are his day's at Old Trafford numbered ?....

Paul Pogba: Man Utd's dilemma - should they sell or keep midfielder?

edit - sorry, see it's already been posted....

If they're actually going to spend the money before the window shuts & replace him with a couple of signings (in addition to the 2-3 we already should be making), I'd sell him without even thinking twice.

However the season has been over a month & we've sold nobody & signed 1 player from the Championship.. and we're supposed to be rebuilding.

64526881_2365779166836275_5562882190565441536_n.jpg

:funny::funny::funny:

Genius :lmao:

HT Uruguay 3-0 Ecuador (with goals from Lodeiro,Cavani and Suarez)

Apparently both Uruguay and Argentina were in a massive Electric Grid failure Black Out for hours yesterday.
So did everyone in Uruguay miss the game? LOL!
Congrats Uruguay.
It's interesting whenever the national teams come together Argentina's Messi and Agüero coming together, can't seem to make it work, and fall apart. Are they working against each other?
Yet Suárez and Cavani always seem to come together and make it work.

Absolutely awesome Cavani goal!

Early still, but Uruguay looking like the team to beat (final score Uruguay 4-0 Ecuador)
Well done, La Celeste looking good so far.

Last edited:
I had no idea Qatar had any players capable of stuff like this!
Yeah I have to give them props, they really turned up in the 2nd half.

Agree, It is interesting to see them hold their own here, and bodes well for the 2022 World Cup, where they will host, if the home team presents a legit challenge.

Apparently both Uruguay and Argentina were in a massive Electric Grid failure Black Out for hours yesterday.
So did everyone in Uruguay miss the game? LOL!

Congrats Uruguay.
It's interesting whenever the national teams come together Argentina's Messi and Agüero coming together, can't seem to make it work, and fall apart. Are they working against each other?
Yet Suárez and Cavani always seem to come together and make it work.

Absolutely awesome Cavani goal!
Yeah Argentina,Uruguay, Brasil and parts of Chile and Paraguay had no power. I woke up at 5am and it was pitch black outside (I live on the 7th floor and I couldn't see anything outside) we only managed to get our power back after 12pm, and by then only 40% of the population received their power back.

Only 1 game today, Japan vs Chile.I honestly think it could be decent game.

Yeah Argentina,Uruguay, Brasil and parts of Chile and Paraguay had no power. I woke up at 5am and it was pitch black outside (I live on the 7th floor and I couldn't see anything outside) we only managed to get our power back after 12pm, and by then only 40% of the population received their power back.
Wow that's crazy! Reading about it now. Hope all your peeps are well.

And bad enough in any circumstance, but a blackout during a Copa! The Cono Sur must have been loosing their minds!:cwink:

Yeah Argentina,Uruguay, Brasil and parts of Chile and Paraguay had no power.
Where are you?

Wow that's crazy! Reading about it now. Hope all your peeps are well.

And bad enough in any circumstance, but a blackout during a Copa! The Cono Sur must have been loosing their minds!:cwink:

Where are you?
Yeah part of me wishes the blackout happened during the Colombia v Argentina the previous night, so I could of been spared having to watch it.

Live Argentina.

Agree, It is interesting to see them hold their own here, and bodes well for the 2022 World Cup, where they will host, if the home team presents a legit challenge.
I thought they would be losing every game 6-0 lol. Had no idea they were competitive.

Yeah part of me wishes the blackout happened during the Colombia v Argentina the previous night, so I could of been spared having to watch it..
^LOL!:funny:

They are not out yet, Argentina still has the edge over Quatar and Paraguay.
How do you read Messi and Agüero dynamic. They work well together, or is their no chemistry there?
I want to see these two click, still rooting for them!

^LOL!:funny:

They are not out yet, Argentina still has the edge over Quatar and Paraguay.
How do you read Messi and Agüero dynamic. They work well together, or is their no chemistry there?
I want to see these two click, still rooting for them!
So much potential there. They need a manager who can figure out a way to make them work and get the best out of them within Argentina's team.

Evening Standard headline is that Lampard wants the Chelsea move.

Manchester United have £50m bid rejected for Wan-Bissaka

Manchester United have had a bid rising to £50m rejected by Crystal Palace for right-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Sky Sports News understands.

It is understood the bid was worth an initial £35m, with additional payments totalling to £15m.

Palace are understood not to be happy with the structure of the proposed deal, but it is believed they would accept an offer of between £45m and £50m up front for the England U21 international.

It has taken us 10 days to make a piss-take improved offer for Wan-Bissaka to have it swiftly rejected.. :wall:

West Ham willing to sell Issa Diop for £60m
West Ham will sell Issa Diop, who is being monitored by Manchester United, for £60m a source close to the player has told Sky Sports News.

United are interested in signing the centre-back and a £45m plus a player bid has been discussed.

The Hammers want a United player as part of a potential deal, but the Old Trafford club are not willing to give their Premier League rivals the player they have targeted.

Issa Diop seems like our latest CB target after we've dwelled on Harry Maguire for over a month.. :wall:

Woodward needs to be fired for real for his incompetence, how difficult is it to negotiate these transfer fees for **** sake, this is where all those bull**** sponsorship deal money should be being spent without even thinking twice.

D9QS03WW4AAc0lK.jpg:large

Trophies in 2018-19:
Mauricio Pochettino
0 Unai Emery
0 Jose Mourinho
0 Carlo Ancelotti
0 Antonio Conte
1 Piers Morgan

:funny::funny::funny:

If it's true Palace wants more than 50€m for Wan Bissaka then we'd be crazy to pay it. He's had a decent season but that is a shocking figure to ask for. I think we could both get a cheaper RB and a better RB, and we did just sign Dalot so he should be getting more gametime moving forward.

Manchester United have £50m bid rejected for Wan-Bissaka

It has taken us 10 days to make a piss-take improved offer for Wan-Bissaka to have it swiftly rejected.. :wall:

West Ham willing to sell Issa Diop for £60m

Issa Diop seems like our latest CB target after we've dwelled on Harry Maguire for over a month.. :wall:

Woodward needs to be fired for real for his incompetence, how difficult is it to negotiate these transfer fees for **** sake, this is where all those bull**** sponsorship deal money should be being spent without even thinking twice.

Meh, this is the dance during all transfer windows since the 24 hour news cycle began. I wouldn’t be surprised it clubs drag things out intentionally because it keeps their names in the papers. We’ll probably land Wan-Bissaka and what was presented as a “saga” to us was probably just pedestrian negotiation behind the scenes.

Whatever is happening behind the scenes is happening at the speed it’s going to take, we’re just getting the filtered versions from the papers to keep us clicking their articles like meth fiends in withdrawal.

Last edited:
Meh, this is the dance during all transfer windows since the 24 hour news cycle began. I wouldn’t be surprised it clubs drag things out intentionally because it keeps their names in the papers. We’ll probably land Wan-Bissaka and what was presented as a “saga” to us was probably just pedestrian negotiation behind the scenes.

Whatever is happening behind the scenes is happening at the speed it’s going to take, we’re just getting the filtered versions from the papers to keep us clicking their articles like meth fiends in withdrawal.

We've already had a bid of £40m rejected for him, it shouldn't take 10 days to submit an improved offer particularly one of just £10m more. Look how quickly & swiftly Real Madrid moved for Hazard, that deal was started, negotiated & concluded within 8 days of Chelsea's season ending. Wasn't Real Madrid's opening offer in the £85m region as well? That got negotiated up to £130m. If what Crystal Palace is asking is too much, then the club should have already moved onto someone else.

I agree with what you're saying about the papers looking for buys & clicks by constantly feeding us recycled information, but this should not take this long to negotiate for 1 player. This situation is extremely reminiscent of Ed Woodward's 1st transfer window in charge in which he ****ed about submitting piss-take offers for Felliani/Baines, haggling over fees for Kroos & Fabregas resulting in us losing both & ultimately the whole thing ended with a panic buy of Felliani for £27m.. which to put into perspective was the fee Woodward originally offered for both Baines & Felliani.

We've already had a bid of £40m rejected for him, it shouldn't take 10 days to submit an improved offer particularly one of just £10m more. Look how quickly & swiftly Real Madrid moved for Hazard, that deal was started, negotiated & concluded within 8 days of Chelsea's season ending. Wasn't Real Madrid's opening offer in the £85m region as well? That got negotiated up to £130m. If what Crystal Palace is asking is too much, then the club should have already moved onto someone else.

I agree with what you're saying about the papers looking for buys & clicks by constantly feeding us recycled information, but this should not take this long to negotiate for 1 player. This situation is extremely reminiscent of Ed Woodward's 1st transfer window in charge in which he ****ed about submitting piss-take offers for Felliani/Baines, haggling over fees for Kroos & Fabregas resulting in us losing both & ultimately the whole thing ended with a panic buy of Felliani for £27m.. which to put into perspective was the fee Woodward originally offered for both Baines & Felliani.
I would also have little respect for a show run like this if I was a selling club. When a club with a professional approach comes knocking you can get to the resolution much quicker (the endgame of whether a sale can be agreed or not, inclusive of all revised offers) and both clubs then save a great deal of time that can be focused in other areas.

Reactions: B
So much potential there. They need a manager who can figure out a way to make them work and get the best out of them within Argentina's team.

Problem is most of the top managers linked with the team (ie Simeone and Pochettino) want nothing to do with AFA and their politics.The ideal choice would be to get a local coach like River Plate's Marcelo Gallardo but he already has it good at River right now (their most successful manager of all time) and probably probably most likely want to test Europe before even thinking about coaching the NT.

I would also have little respect for a show run like this if I was a selling club. When a club with a professional approach comes knocking you can get to the resolution much quicker (the endgame of whether a sale can be agreed or not, inclusive of all revised offers) and both clubs then save a great deal of time that can be focused in other areas.

As would I, you've made an offer & I would almost guarantee Palace would have expressed to Manchester United what they considered an acceptable offer upon it's rejection/during negotiations & for them to come in with another sub-standard offer if I were the person in charge of Palace's negotiations I'd bump the price up another £5m-£10m as a penalty for United wasting time. Palace are trying to prepare for next season as well in the market & this constant distraction won't be doing their preparations any favours either.

Sure, that's fair, but we're assuming we hear about the different discussions in real time which may not be the case - our only timeline is the reporting of the papers and their hearsay. So maybe our initial and the second bid were actually five days apart but were reported 10 days apart because that's how long the news took to settle in.

Manchester City have been after Rodri since the tail-end of last season allegedly and they're only now reaching an alleged end to that deal, so all the clubs are 'dragging' to some extent, it's only been Madrid that got their deals done quickly. The other potential issue with Wan-Bissaka is the U/21 tournament that's on at the moment if I'm not mistaken, it might be holding up talks or conclusions.

My other assumption is the clubs do this on purpose because they know fans become desperate for info and it means their eyes are on the club all the time, it's great for marketing and ad revenue. Remember the Pogba fiasco? That was clearly engineered to build up to some kind of huge 'unveiling' bull****. The Fellaini panic buy was clearly more a problem of Moyes than United or Woodward, since Woodward managed to get decent deals done for a number of players like Lindelof, Mkhitaryan, Dalot, and even Fred where we didn't pay over the odds. If we go back to Blind, Schneiderlin, and Darmian, even those were solid deals. Darmian and Schneiderlin were two of the best players in their positions in their respective leagues before they came to us, so it hasn't been a complete dumpster fire.

It only feels like it's been abysmal to us United fans because the pretty good players we've had didn't work out under the respective managers, but that's not their own faults and it doesn't make them **** players. I'm just as frustrated as you are at the lack of movement, but I think we'll end up being alright. A RB, a CB, and another wide player is all we absolutely need (assuming no massive departures) and that's well within our capacity to get.

It feels like getting your deals done early comes with all the benefits because even though you might end up spending a bit more than if you negotiate the price down a bit, the added time the player gets in the new club is really valuable. Hazard getting wrapped early and I would say the chances of him performing well at Real next season is really high, whereas a deadline day signing of the same stature would be thrown in the deep end and face bigger problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"