The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
HT 1-0. Decent half, tailed off a bit since the goal as RB pressed hard but they are a good side so at least we have kept them away from our goal pretty well. VDB struggling to get into the game but maybe second half he can get on the ball a bit more.

With the number of new cases & deaths rising with each day, it would be completely irresponsible to allow 23,000 fans to descend into Old Trafford. I'm sure the mayor would love it though, everytime I see him on TV he gives off the impression that he cares more about the local economy than life & death.
Yeah, I remember you guys were talking something in the region of 5,000. That seems doable in a 75k capacity stadium.

2 lovely finishes from Rashford, this is 18 year old Rashford finishing tonight.
I guess maybe his arm was offside, and the defend has exceptionally big feet. :hehe:

It was super tight, they only showed 1 angle & it wasn't the best to judge from.. with the line though he looked level.

Martin Keown better not have just tried to compare McTominay to Carrick..

EDIT - He has done well since he came on though

HRH Rashford with the hattrick!!! :toth

5-0 stunning display tonight, simply stunning second half.

Reactions: B
What an impact from Sir Marcus Rashford

Suddenly we look like a team oozing confidence and with so many options all over the pitch, to beat last seasons finalists and semi-finalists convincingly in different ways is a stunning start to our campaign at least. All a bit different to the mood just 3 weeks ago. You never know what you will get with this team.

Looked like a real team tonight, thats the best compliment I can give them.

Suddenly we look like a team oozing confidence and with so many options all over the pitch, to beat last seasons finalists and semi-finalists convincingly in different ways is a stunning start to our campaign at least. All a bit different to the mood just 3 weeks ago. You never know what you will get with this team.

Looked like a real team tonight, thats the best compliment I can give them.
Ole is actually rotating, which is nice. It's going to be one of those seasons, especially with the schedule. Teams are all over the place.

Where did that come from?! I wonder what the odds for that were before the game. Awesome stuff from Rashford!!

Where did that come from?! I wonder what the odds for that were before the game. Awesome stuff from Rashford!!

i expected this game to be tougher than PSG to be honest and while it was pretty even first half our subs really upped our game and we started to tear holes in their defence and they sort of fell apart as they got more and more exposed, but yeah I dont think anyone was predicting 5-0. :funny::funny:

But as @DarthSkywalker said teams are so unpredictable this season that your not really sure what you are going to get from game to game, there's no real pattern to us just random things happening. Its like we're the Winter Soldier and after game we get mind wiped and reset and it could be good or bad next time out. Last night Ole got his team right equally as much as it was wrong against Chelsea, lets see what is served against Arsenal....

PL teams have started really well so far. Nearly finishing the second week and with just one draw so far and otherwise all wins, many big ones.

i expected this game to be tougher than PSG to be honest and while it was pretty even first half our subs really upped our game and we started to tear holes in their defence and they sort of fell apart as they got more and more exposed, but yeah I dont think anyone was predicting 5-0. :funny::funny:

But as @DarthSkywalker said teams are so unpredictable this season that your not really sure what you are going to get from game to game, there's no real pattern to us just random things happening. Its like we're the Winter Soldier and after game we get mind wiped and reset and it could be good or bad next time out. Last night Ole got his team right equally as much as it was wrong against Chelsea, lets see what is served against Arsenal....
Haha, true. This daily mindwiping at Old Trafford would explain a lot over the last few years.

Wait, was that Rashford's first hat trick for us?

I believe so yep, can't quite fathom that, but it is so they say.

Yep, he is also apparently only the 2nd ever Manchester United player to score a hat-trick from the bench.. the other was none other than Ole Gunnar Solskjaer himself when he bagged 4 off the bench away to Nottingham Forest in the treble year, 4 in 18 minutes if I remember correctly.

Not that hard to believe it's Rashford's 1st hat-trick, until last season his previous 4-5 years he's not been a prolific scorer.. more an important goals type of player.

I'd like to see more of us in the diamond, we have enough depth in the middle of the park to pull it off with Matic, McTominay, Fred, van de Beek, Pogba, Fernandes, Mata & heck even Lingard's arguably best through the middle also. Rashford, Greenwood, Martial & Cavani would I'm sure all benefit from having a partner up front. The main issue is we'd need to lean heavily on Shaw/Telles & AWB to provide width as well as obviously defend.

If it's any consolation, I play a diamond in my FIFA team and it works well enough. Just saying. :funny:

Last FIFA game I had was 15 & had 4-1-2-1-2 diamond as well on Ultimate Team, also in the old Championship Manager games (now Football Manager) I used to have a highly aggressive 4-1-2-1-2 diamond with wingbacks. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"