• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Athletico leading Bayern 1-0 at half time. Can someone bring the champions down to Earth for a bit?

Glad Liverpool got the win against Ajax (1-0). They are now officially through to the knockout stages as group winners.

Istanbul 3-3 Leipzig!!

Edit: oh no, Leipzig got a 92nd minute winner. That would have been a great and unexpected result for Utd otherwise.

Chelsea 1 up away to Sevilla (Giroud after 8 mins) but Utd 1 down to PSG at home (Neymar after 6 mins).

Dr Rashford strikes again, he's had some nice link up play with AWB & Bruno so far.

Fred nearly cost us that with stupidity given VAR exists. If you're going to do something stupid at least do it right ie Dion Dublin vs Robbie Savage, not more of a pushing motion.

Fred needs hauled off at half time purely because these PSG ****s are intentionally flopping & throwing themselves on the ground to try & get him sent off.

Rashford pulls one back. 1-1 Utd PSG.

I literally hate PSG & everything about them.

I was going to say get McTominay off as well, but given he looks the most likely to whack Neymar, leave him on. If he's sent off it will have been worth it.

Just need to avoid defeat. If Utd lose then the top 3 teams would be on 9 points and you guys can do without that stress. As it stands you'd still have a great chance.

Poor performance tonight, players and manager, some brain dead decisions made by all and PSG have outclassed us as well at times, we struggled to create too much but Martial wasted some great chances. Fred was lucky to not see red in the first half but to get away with it and leave him on a yellow was a crazy decision by Ole.

Leaves the group wide open now and I can see us coming a cropper in Liebzig if we dont buck our ideas up, not a good night for us.

**** sake..

Played so well for a good hour, didn't take our chances & we've been completely punished.

Fred getting red carded is Ole's fault. Any manager with 1/2 a brain would have swapped him out at half time realising he was lucky to even ve on the pitch at the half.

Also don't understand him subbing Cavani either, given Martial's misses he should have been the one to be pulled for Greenwood if anyone.

Really if we go out & into Europa League we have absolutely nobody to blame but ourselves.

**** sake..

Played so well for a good hour, didn't take our chances & we've been completely punished.

Fred getting red carded is Ole's fault. Any manager with 1/2 a brain would have swapped him out at half time realising he was lucky to even ve on the pitch at the half.

Also don't understand him subbing Cavani either, given Martial's misses he should have been the one to be pulled for Greenwood if anyone.

Really if we go out & into Europa League we have absolutely nobody to blame but ourselves.
More then the misses, this really pissed me off.

I think Cavani came off do to a lack of fitness/legs. Still, this match is a good example of or mentality, or lack of one imo. We have lost so many significant games with Ole. I feel like we lack bottle. That extra goal was a killer. Blah.

Reactions: B
More then the misses, this really pissed me off.

I think Cavani came off do to a lack of fitness/legs. Still, this match is a good example of or mentality, or lack of one imo. We have lost so many significant games with Ole. I feel like we lack bottle. That extra goal was a killer. Blah.

Fred's red card was completely down to OGS & his terrible management of tonight's game. It was clear given how early Fred had picked up the yellow card & the fact there were 2-3 PSG players, Neymar, Verratti & Maksimovic, that seemed to be getting on his last nerve + the fact their whole squad are ****houses that he was always going to get sent off before the end of the game.

We had 3 options on the bench who could have come on for the 2nd half & not been a 2nd yellow problem.

I'm not sure but I thought, other than Rashford, Cavani looked our most likely person to score & he didn't seem to be leggy or lethargic but you could be right. If I were OGS I'd have brought Martial off for Greenwood, van de Beek for Lindelof or Maguire & put McTominay at CB after going 2-1 down.

OGS's overall management of tonight's game was absolutely terrible IMO.

Chelsea win the group in style beating Sevilla 4-0.

OGS bungles handling Fred and now the group is in real peril. That loss to Istanbul is also adding massive pressure to the final round of games.

Some interesting games this weekend. We have Hammers away which this season could prove a tough nut to crack seeing as they are actually playing pretty decent. We've also had a decent period (aside from yesterday) which makes me believe another draw or loss is in the air. My main frustration still comes from how we play football though. I feel we got lucky against Southampton and even when we win, I'm just not enjoying the football. Teams like Southampton or Brighton play more fun attacking football with less 'quality' so it just feels like a bummer to me.

Chelsea - Leeds could really go either way. Ofc you gotta put Chelsea as favorites but but Leeds are the 'Wolves' of this season - could beat anyone on their day.

City SHOULD pummel Fulham but considering Fulham beat Leicester away last week it's still interesting to see if that was just pure luck.

Spurs - Arsenal will either be a pummeling or one of those boring 0-0 games.

Liverpool could have a rough time against Wolves, OR they pummel them.

But yeah some interesting games i think.

LASK vs Spurs finished 3-3!

Arsenal beat Rapid Vienna 4-1 but Leicester lose 1-0 to Zorya Luhansk.

Some BIG games this weekend.

Chelsea v Leeds is a call back to the wild west 70's of English football, shame again no fans (or only 2,000) and you doubt it will be quite as heavy tackling as back then but it does conjure up some classic memories. Chelsea are clear favourites but Leeds wont make it easy for them you suspect.

Spurs v Arsenal is another humdinger especially where the sides are at mentally at the moment. Spurs really could crush Arsenal's soul with a win and keep top of the table to really rub it in but Arteta might start to look really wobbly if its embarrassing, Arsenal desperate for a win and if they did might be the sort of result that turns things around for them. Huge game that one.

Not as big but we have a tricky away game at West Ham where we always seem to struggle and they just love beating us. Ole could do with a win after midweek to keep him in a job for another week or two, he loves to paper over those cracks....

Some BIG games this weekend.

Chelsea v Leeds is a call back to the wild west 70's of English football, shame again no fans (or only 2,000) and you doubt it will be quite as heavy tackling as back then but it does conjure up some classic memories. Chelsea are clear favourites but Leeds wont make it easy for them you suspect.

Spurs v Arsenal is another humdinger especially where the sides are at mentally at the moment. Spurs really could crush Arsenal's soul with a win and keep top of the table to really rub it in but Arteta might start to look really wobbly if its embarrassing, Arsenal desperate for a win and if they did might be the sort of result that turns things around for them. Huge game that one.

Not as big but we have a tricky away game at West Ham where we always seem to struggle and they just love beating us. Ole could do with a win after midweek to keep him in a job for another week or two, he loves to paper over those cracks....
I'm glad the tough tackling is being pushed out of the game, but Chelsea vs Leeds is a fixture I'd like to keep in the league long term. In fact most of the big teams vs Leeds, especially when they've had a few seasons to adjust and build up (if they can stay up of course).

Spurs Arsenal is definitely an intriguing fixture right now and could be a turning point for either team. If Spurs win they are confirming that they want to be taken seriously for the title this season. Arsenal start the day 14th so they really need to start picking up points.

West Ham are in surprisingly good form, and with the unpredictable nature of Utd anything could happen. Ole is probably doing the calculations right now - right lads we don't need to win this one, I'm good for another week. :D

Burnley 1-1 with Everton at half time after a Calvert-Lewin equaliser.

Great comeback today and some sublime goals. Slightly concerned we are so Bruno reliant after struggling the first half but it is what it is and we rarely get much at West Ham anyway so you take what you can and we are now top 4 and two points off top for now, so cant really complain.

Leeds 1 up against Chelsea already...

I fell asleep in the middle of the day and missed most of the matches, just seen Match of the Day though. After those results, with the exception of Arsenal in 14th, the top 5 at least is finally beginning to look a lot more familiar.

Great comeback today and some sublime goals. Slightly concerned we are so Bruno reliant after struggling the first half but it is what it is and we rarely get much at West Ham anyway so you take what you can and we are now top 4 and two points off top for now, so cant really complain.

Leeds 1 up against Chelsea already...
Yeah, you can’t afford for Bruno to get injured or much of the fighting spirit will be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"