The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full time now! What a result for Sheriff away to Real. If they can get a draw in their next match they have a real chance of going through!

Full Time for the Reds. Once again, we destroy Porto away. C'mon Sunday against City.

Final whistle at Paris. Great win for PSG. They managed to defend today and Messi looks like he might finally make the difference for them. He had a good performance even outside of the awesome goal.

PSG win 2-0 in the end. City had more of the ball but PSG did a Chelsea on them of last season on the counter.

Another game that makes you wonder if City are missing a striker up top but they will still make it to the later stages no doubt. PSG look stronger at the back but the front 3 will always cause problems.

Liverpool had a walk in the park in Portugal. FC Porto where a shadow of their former selfs, specially taking into account how well they performed last season in CL.

Liverpool cruised along with little to no worries against a very disorganized FC Porto. Worth mentioning that the young goalkeeper had a terrible night, basically giving 3 goals away… Also Pepe, Mbemba and Marchesin didn’t play, Otavio went out injured in the very beginning… everything feel apart for the home team and Liverpool just picked them apart.

Feels like Liverpool always destroy Porto by about 4 goals anyway. :funny::funny:

Was funny seeing Messi laying down for the freekick. Ronaldo going to do that next? :D

PSG win 2-0 in the end. City had more of the ball but PSG did a Chelsea on them of last season on the counter.

Another game that makes you wonder if City are missing a striker up top but they will still make it to the later stages no doubt. PSG look stronger at the back but the front 3 will always cause problems.
City were preseason favourites for the CL so that one oversight/delay could be the difference between winning the CL & PL and not.

Liverpool had a walk in the park in Portugal. FC Porto where a shadow of their former selfs, specially taking into account how well they performed last season in CL.

Liverpool cruised along with little to no worries against a very disorganized FC Porto. Worth mentioning that the young goalkeeper had a terrible night, basically giving 3 goals away… Also Pepe, Mbemba and Marchesin didn’t play, Otavio went out injured in the very beginning… everything feel apart for the home team and Liverpool just picked them apart.
Oh didn't know any of that. Sounds like a proper disaster day for Porto lol. They're in a tough group to recover from that too.

Oh didn't know any of that. Sounds like a proper disaster day for Porto lol. They're in a tough group to recover from that too.
If you have the chance check out the goals FC Porto suffered. The second one the goalkeeper was in no mans land and the 4th was like amateur hour. The young kid has potential for the future but this game was a big wake up call.

The way I see it, either they change in some important pieces and get some sort of form going(similar to how they performed last year) or they’ll probably have a though fight with AC Milan for a spot on Europa League.

If you have the chance check out the goals FC Porto suffered. The second one the goalkeeper was in no mans land and the 4th was like amateur hour. The young kid has potential for the future but this game was a big wake up call.

The way I see it, either they change in some important pieces and get some sort of form going(similar to how they performed last year) or they’ll probably have a though fight with AC Milan for a spot on Europa League.
Oh yeah I’ll be watching all the highlights of all the other games soon. Looking forward to seeing the Liverpool goals and Real’s loss. :D

Seen that now. The keeper made some early decent saves but what was he doing for that second goal? :D Came storming out with his hands behind his back :hehe: And then the 4th was a joke too lol. Porto need to shape up and get some results in the 2 games against Milan. Actually I didn't realise Athletico beat Milan in the end - was a super-late goal 97th minute pen.

Entertaining enough game between PSG/City tonight, tonight was a game were City really missed having the quality of someone like Aguero or a top quality striker up front. They were able to craft out several decent oppertunities for shots on goal but the problem was they fell to the likes of Mahrez, Sterling, De Bruyne etc & while they obviously can score goals, sometimes, like tonight you just think to yourself if the same chance fell to someone like an Aguero, Kane, Haaland, Lukaku or someone of the like, they'd have scored a couple.

They've not struggled in the PL so far without a proper striker, but you just wonder against the better sides they might need that bit of quality as you might only get a couple of chances a game & need to put them away.

PSG played alright, all the headlines will no doubt be about Messi after his goal, which was fantastic. He was quiet though outside of the goal with the majority of touches coming in areas of the pitch City would have been happy for him to be having them ie not in & around their box.

As I said earlier, City were extremely lucky to not be down to 10 men around the 30 minute mark after that De Bruyne challenge. Much like the Wan-Bissaka tackle last week for United, I don't think there was any malice involved even if it was studs up, but it was a very poor tackle.

Rather than worrying about what Jürgen Klopp says about Manchester United penalties, Ole should be watching Liverpool's games & he might learn how to properly utilise his substitutions & squad.

Mane & Salah, who was on a hat-trick, both subbed off at the 67th minute because the game was effectively over. Giving them a bit of a rest in preparation for the weekend & in turn giving the likes of Firmino some proper time to have an impact on the game coming off the bench.. which he did with 2 goals.

That late goal by Sheriff was a sweet strike! What a way to start their first ever champions league campaign with 2 wins including one against the biggest club in their own stadium.

Rather than worrying about what Jürgen Klopp says about Manchester United penalties, Ole should be watching Liverpool's games & he might learn how to properly utilise his substitutions & squad.

Mane & Salah, who was on a hat-trick, both subbed off at the 67th minute because the game was effectively over. Giving them a bit of a rest in preparation for the weekend & in turn giving the likes of Firmino some proper time to have an impact on the game coming off the bench.. which he did with 2 goals.
Result - all those players are fresh, confident, happy and with game-time under their belts without getting burnt out. Ole on the other hand kills his main players and totally neglects the others.

Reactions: B
Entertaining enough game between PSG/City tonight, tonight was a game were City really missed having the quality of someone like Aguero or a top quality striker up front. They were able to craft out several decent oppertunities for shots on goal but the problem was they fell to the likes of Mahrez, Sterling, De Bruyne etc & while they obviously can score goals, sometimes, like tonight you just think to yourself if the same chance fell to someone like an Aguero, Kane, Haaland, Lukaku or someone of the like, they'd have scored a couple.

They've not struggled in the PL so far without a proper striker, but you just wonder against the better sides they might need that bit of quality as you might only get a couple of chances a game & need to put them away.

PSG played alright, all the headlines will no doubt be about Messi after his goal, which was fantastic. He was quiet though outside of the goal with the majority of touches coming in areas of the pitch City would have been happy for him to be having them ie not in & around their box.

As I said earlier, City were extremely lucky to not be down to 10 men around the 30 minute mark after that De Bruyne challenge. Much like the Wan-Bissaka tackle last week for United, I don't think there was any malice involved even if it was studs up, but it was a very poor tackle.
Yeah this is what many feared. They are still a great team and great squad and capable of getting goals from anywhere, but striker is too important a position and not having someone top quality leading the line could be the difference between being a CL finalist and 2nd in the PL to winning both. Those natural strikers get one or two of those that the other goal getters from midfield only come close with.

PSG I think will be dangerous at home throughout this season but we need to see how they react when they're losing and not getting the ball, especially when the pressure is on in the very late knockout stages. I do feel by then Messi could have really found his feet and could make the difference from seasons past, plus some of their other recruits have also improved them as a team IMO with Ramos also to come in.

Reactions: B
Massive game tonight for Ole, not expecting a great game as United v Villarreal tend to be dull borefests and mostly draws but Ole needs a result more than anyone before this mini crisis turns into a major one for him, cant afford to really drop any more points at this stage in the group games and especially at home, no Maguire either makes it trickier for him.

Juve v Chelsea probably the biggest game tonight but I would fancy Chelsea to get at least a point I dont think Juve are strong enough to deal too many problems the blue's as they are a little all over the place in their league form it seems.

Massive game tonight for Ole, not expecting a great game as United v Villarreal tend to be dull borefests and mostly draws but Ole needs a result more than anyone before this mini crisis turns into a major one for him, cant afford to really drop any more points at this stage in the group games and especially at home, no Maguire either makes it trickier for him.

Juve v Chelsea probably the biggest game tonight but I would fancy Chelsea to get at least a point I dont think Juve are strong enough to deal too many problems the blue's as they are a little all over the place in their league form it seems.
Yeah Juve have had a tough start in the league. Chelsea should be able to get at least a point.

I want Utd to go through regardless of Ole so I hope the players can get the win. Ronaldo will be desperate to score after watching Messi’s goal yesterday. A boot probably went through the TV last night lol.

Seems to me ( I could be proved wrong) that there appears to be something bit more 'substantial' about PSG this season. Less flakey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"