The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Varane available out of the first choice Utd back 4. Sancho starting. About time he gets his Utd career going. Has good European experience too.

Seems to me ( I could be proved wrong) that there appears to be something bit more 'substantial' about PSG this season. Less flakey.
They’ve invested very well over the summer. They look much more solid when defending than last season, although will have to wait and see how they are when behind away from home. Messi also adds undoubted class going forward. Opposition teams won’t be able to man-mark when there are 3 world class attackers. They will likely get better when they learn to play together too.

Utd looking lively but Villareal have already had a couple of good chances.

Barca losing already. The big two in Spain's best days are well and truly over. Chance for new clubs to emerge and stick. Atletico will benefit enormously.

Benfica already scored against Barca, I’m tempted to watch this one instead. :hehe:

Barca losing already. The big two in Spain's best days are well and truly over. Chance for new clubs to emerge and stick. Atletico will benefit enormously.
Should make the La Liga title race more fun going forward. The era of domination by those 2 could be coming to an end, Barca at least.

So far Chelsea have 77% possession against Juve away! Juve are another who are off their event best. I reckon the CL will be about PSG, Bayern and the PL sides this year.

0-0 HT - Poor display and Villarreal really should be 2 or 3 ahead, De Gea is keeping us in the tie at the moment. Much like the Villa game its open and end to end but our defense is all over the place, yes its makeshift but to be struggling this bad against hardly Spain's finest to be fair is a major worry. Ole looks like a lost sheep at the moment and the team is disjointed and hardly stringing two passes together.

We've played mostly like **** this 1st half & are fortunate De Gea is a beast, but Pogba has started to open doors for us. Need to get him on the ball a hell of a lot more in the final 3rd.

All I'd do at half time us put Sancho on the right to focus Moreno who looks like the weak link & put Greenwood on the left & let him & Ronaldo mix & match.

Damn, after all that possession first half. Not enough penetration by Chelsea given how much of the ball they had.

0-0 HT - Poor display and Villarreal really should be 2 or 3 ahead, De Gea is keeping us in the tie at the moment. Much like the Villa game its open and end to end but our defense is all over the place, yes its makeshift but to be struggling this bad against hardly Spain's finest to be fair is a major worry. Ole looks like a lost sheep at the moment and the team is disjointed and hardly stringing two passes together.
Seems like Villareal have Utd’s number recently. They certainly aren’t coming to Old Trafford showing any fear. They will no doubt get considerable encouragement when looking at OGS in charge of Utd’s bench making it a non-factor.

Villareal make good on their threat. 1-0.

We've played mostly like **** this 1st half & are fortunate De Gea is a beast, but Pogba has started to open doors for us. Need to get him on the ball a hell of a lot more in the final 3rd.

All I'd do at half time us put Sancho on the right to focus Moreno who looks like the weak link & put Greenwood on the left & let him & Ronaldo mix & match.
Ole will be thinking the same thing of course. Half time high level strategy teamtalk: "Good luck lads, do your best!"

Reactions: B
Its taken 60 minutes & going behind.. again but we're finally playing with some intensity & conviction. 10 mins & see if we can get in front, if not throw Cavani on.

2-0 Benfica over Barca now :D

Its taken 60 minutes & going behind.. again but we're finally playing with some intensity & conviction. 10 mins & see if we can get in front, if not throw Cavani on.
Cavani now on for Pogba with about 15 mins left.

Bayern are 4-0 up against Dynamo Kiev with 2 from Lewandowski, 1 from Gnabry and 1 from Sane.

Benfica 3 now :hehe:

Bayern 5

Barca red card too now lol. Utd lucky to get away without conceding in the last few mins.

Ronaldo gets a last minute injury time goal to win it!! Cavani, Lingard and Fred play a part in the goal too. 2-1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"