• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
:up:

Exactly, £100M for Rice is absurd, I aas hoping he'd go to Chelsea as well due to the Mount connection and the fact he came from their academy, but I can't see them buying him after spending £105M on Fernandez and still looking to spend even more for a Striker this summer.

Fingers crossed it's BBC or ITV!

What is Gordon's actual position? Howe’s an ideal manager to develop a player like Gordon and I'm sure he has a plan for how to utilise him.

Yeah I imagine Rashford will have been one of the main players to speak out along with De Gea, Bruno and possibly Varane and Shaw.

Ten Hag would probably be in line for manager of the season if Arsenal weren't looking likely to win the league, I always wanted him over Pich who all the British pundits were championing, but I didn't expect his impact to take effect so quickly.
He probably wants out of West Ham asap given how they’ve been this season. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Re Gordon I’ve heard he can play anywhere across the front 3. Hardly ever seen him myself though.

Sounds likely. Glad they have managed to get their views across and saved us from having to see Greenwood’s mug week in week out.

Yep, he would be. Howe too maybe. He will have a great impact which will be felt more strongly the longer he stays, but yes he has surprised by getting his influence in many areas across already.

I would love Rice at Man Utd but we don't really have 100m to spend on a CM when we also need a striker and a few other positions :D

How did Chelsea manage to splash so much if Utd can’t? Is it just because they were all super-long contract?

How did Chelsea manage to splash so much if Utd can’t? Is it just because they were all super-long contract?

The cost of the player gets spread out over the length of the contract, so they signed players on 6-7 year deals to get around the current FFP rules so they can afford all the big fees at the moment.

The cost of the player gets spread out over the length of the contract, so they signed players on 6-7 year deals to get around the current FFP rules so they can afford all the big fees at the moment.
So they should be stuffed in future years as a result right?

So they should be stuffed in future years as a result right?

Certainly means they will have quieter summers without selling big first to free up room to spend. But then they have signed a lot of younger players as well this time so I guess thats the thinking, spend big now and not need to so much later.

Certainly means they will have quieter summers without selling big first to free up room to spend. But then they have signed a lot of younger players as well this time so I guess thats the thinking, spend big now and not need to so much later.
Cool if it works. Not so good if the youngsters don’t live up to their potential.

0-1 - Leeds at HT. Not been our best half, very sloppy start and then struggled to control the game, created a few chances but not got a real chance to a forward who can finish. Garancho, Weghorst and Rashford are not the most potent front three around and arent really combining all that fluently.

Really looking leggy and missing Casemiro and Eriksen at the moment to control the midfield.

0-2 Leeds - Varane OG, asleep at the start of both halves. Need that Qatari money ASAP it seems.

1-2 Rashford gets a lifeline for us with a nice header, much needed but can we wake up enough now.

2-2. Welcome back Sancho. :cool:

Our young black players making the racists look the fools they are obviously are.

Utd drop points at home but good to see Sancho score after this time out and for Rashford to continue his hot streak.

2-2 in the end. Not our best performance and really showed are lack of squad depth tonight with Casemiro and Eriksen missing. Good that we fought back from 0-2 down to get a point but highlights there is still some way to go to get to the next level. Our frontline was pretty blunt first half and our midfield and backline struggled to maintain control of the game against a pretty average Leeds side to be honest.

Injuries and number of games beginning to catch up with this squad it feels like.

I would prefer Ratcliffe by a lot. Not a big fan of the Qatari links for obvious reasons. Sadly there's not much I can do about it as a supporter, if it happens it happens and it's just a tough pill you have to swallow as a supporter.
Yeah, I hear what you're saying. :up:

I'm not sure how to feel in truth, I'm not sure Sir Jim Radcliffe has the resources for all the work needed on the stadium and training facilities, nevermind the squad.
I agree. I don't think he has the finances to fund what you will need and want.

I'm not referring to anyone here, but it's quite funny seeing some United fans online and on social media channels that have chastised City, Newcastle and PSG for their middle eastern owners, doing a complete 180 now there's the possibility they could be getting middle eastern owners themselves. :funny:

2-2 in the end. Not our best performance and really showed are lack of squad depth tonight with Casemiro and Eriksen missing. Good that we fought back from 0-2 down to get a point but highlights there is still some way to go to get to the next level. Our frontline was pretty blunt first half and our midfield and backline struggled to maintain control of the game against a pretty average Leeds side to be honest.

Injuries and number of games beginning to catch up with this squad it feels like.
This team needs Casemiro in the middle to work properly. When Eriksen plays too then Utd’s central midfield works well as a foundation. Fred is a huge downgrade and can let lesser teams compete for control of the game.

Seen in financial press also that 5 bidders are reported to be ready to meet the $5B asking price set by the Glazers.

West Ham v Chelsea up first this weekend, this could be a fun game with a London derby and West Ham needing points and Chelsea needing to get going after spending more than Qatar in a calendar year. Could be firey this one. Joao Felix back in the side for Chelsea after suspension as well.

Joao Felix opens the scoring with a nice finish from Enzo's cross, class movement and pass to give Chelsea the lead, had another goal disallowed as well 0-1.

1-1 - Ex blue Emerson nips in at the far post to make it level. Against the run of the game but good open stuff this is. Woken up the crowd at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"