• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs beat City! They love Arsenal really lol.

Poor result for City, dont look quite the same without KDB on the pitch but Pep loves to tinker doesnt he, but they have been a bit hot and cold since the world cup and Haaland isnt firing nearly as well as the start of the season, they just dont seem to create at the same rate for him as they were, he's struggling to effect games like before.

Arsenal now must really fancy their chances after getting away with one this weekend, beat City in the next week and they will have at least a couple fingers on the trophy.

Spurs keep the top 4 race alive enough to make Newcastle and United have to look over their shoulders at least at one side chasing them down. Long way to go for all so anything possible still yet. Spurs just seem to raise their game against City.

Poor result for City, dont look quite the same without KDB on the pitch but Pep loves to tinker doesnt he, but they have been a bit hot and cold since the world cup and Haaland isnt firing nearly as well as the start of the season, they just dont seem to create at the same rate for him as they were, he's struggling to effect games like before.

Arsenal now must really fancy their chances after getting away with one this weekend, beat City in the next week and they will have at least a couple fingers on the trophy.

Spurs keep the top 4 race alive enough to make Newcastle and United have to look over their shoulders at least at one side chasing them down. Long way to go for all so anything possible still yet. Spurs just seem to raise their game against City.
I want Arsenal to win this year so good result on that front, but Spurs are now getting a little close for comfort, especially as we are dropping points and Bruno still out for 2 more games.

They’ll probably just get fined and banned for a couple of transfer windows like Chelsea did.

With whats happened to Chelsea and now City the last few years, it’s good lesson and example for Newcastle and quite possibly both United and Liverpool to be able to look at to ensure they don’t make the same problems for themselves with their super rich owners, and maybe soon to be super rich owners in the case of United and Liverpool.

I don’t know much about Sabitzer but hopefully he can add solidity and depth and decrease minutes played by Fred! Good to hear you rate him.

Yeah, I’ve heard ETH has also done the impossible among many rival fans and made Utd more likeable. :D

Bellingham is probably everyone’s no. 1 choice for CM with Rice also up there. All 3 will likely be playing for a top 6 club next season so a bunch of them will be covered in that area.

Chelsea probably average more than a manager a season since Mourinho’s original era. :D Worst place for up and comers.

The spending has been unbelievable and there will soon be results pressure to go with that. Can’t buy all that and be a Europa League club every year.

I don’t know the channel but I believe other finals usually have more options like BBC/ITV/YouTube on top of whoever has the rights for it (whether Sky/BT/Amazon etc).

I’m not all that knowledgeable on Gordon but just thought of him as an annoying, ugly **** before and never thought he was one of our targets. I trust in Howe’s system and from videos he’s at least got energy and isn’t entirely predictable so if he can be worked into a team setting and give everything and work on end product he could be a good addition given his age - better be with the fee!

Will be interesting to see what they eventually decide with Greenwood. It’s rare for a victim to be brave enough to get footage that can give such a vivid impression of how bad someone is and a shame if it goes to waste and he gets away with it.

ETH is handling all players better. Part of Rashford’s resurgence is surely also better fitness management and not overplaying him like Ole did. Hopefully Sancho can kick on now after the break they gave him - got a good reception when he came on against Forest.

Sabitzer is a good all round midfielder with plenty of experience but also several top flight years left in the tank, I'm hoping we make it permanent in the summer and sell McTominay.

Lol now that is a miracle! :D

Gotta be honest I've never been sold on Rice, he's a good player but not good enough on the ball for me, i think we're looking for a more dynamic and creative ball carrying midfielder like Bellingham or De Jong but we might have to go for cheaper, easier to get options like Kong from Monchengladbacn or Enzo Le Fey from Lorient.

The Chelsea situation is ridiculous, Potter is going to need another full season to gel all these new players together and as predicted they are favourites to pay the inflated fee for Oshimen in the summer :funny:

I hope the final is on BBC or ITV as i don't have Sky or BT at the moment.

Gordon is an odd one, i know Chelsea were interested in him in the summer and I was baffled then, he looks a solid player but I didn't see anything standout about him, but at least with Howe you know he's been chosen by the manager and he'll have a plan for how he fits into the squad and system.

Thankfully with Greenwood it seems the United squad don't want him back so that makes it easier for the club to jettison him.

Ten Hag's fitness management has definitely been a boost and the personal way he handled Sancho's situation was 1st class man management, he's the first manager we've had since Fergie where the players and fans all have 100% faith in him.

They’ll probably just get fined and banned for a couple of transfer windows like Chelsea did.

With whats happened to Chelsea and now City the last few years, it’s good lesson and example for Newcastle and quite possibly both United and Liverpool to be able to look at to ensure they don’t make the same problems for themselves with their super rich owners, and maybe soon to be super rich owners in the case of United and Liverpool.
Transfer ban could affect them given they aren't firing at the moment.

Yeah, Newcastle at least have been reasonably sensible so far and also have a lot of FFP credit from spending F all in the Ashley years.

These super-rich potential future owners better be realistic about the prospects of success. When the whole top 6/7 has a rich owner and all are subject to FFP there is still only one league title, one FA Cup, one CL etc to share amongst them no matter who they all buy.

Yeah I don't expect City to get anything worse than a slap on the hand, a low fine and possibly playing without audience for like 2 games.

Sabitzer is a good all round midfielder with plenty of experience but also several top flight years left in the tank, I'm hoping we make it permanent in the summer and sell McTominay.

Lol now that is a miracle! :D

Gotta be honest I've never been sold on Rice, he's a good player but not good enough on the ball for me, i think we're looking for a more dynamic and creative ball carrying midfielder like Bellingham or De Jong but we might have to go for cheaper, easier to get options like Kong from Monchengladbacn or Enzo Le Fey from Lorient.

The Chelsea situation is ridiculous, Potter is going to need another full season to gel all these new players together and as predicted they are favourites to pay the inflated fee for Oshimen in the summer :funny:

I hope the final is on BBC or ITV as i don't have Sky or BT at the moment.

Gordon is an odd one, i know Chelsea were interested in him in the summer and I was baffled then, he looks a solid player but I didn't see anything standout about him, but at least with Howe you know he's been chosen by the manager and he'll have a plan for how he fits into the squad and system.

Thankfully with Greenwood it seems the United squad don't want him back so that makes it easier for the club to jettison him.

Ten Hag's fitness management has definitely been a boost and the personal way he handled Sancho's situation was 1st class man management, he's the first manager we've had since Fergie where the players and fans all have 100% faith in him.
Good to hear. Look forward to watching him play more.

:D

The one thing that can be guaranteed for Rice (and most other English players) is that he will be massively overpriced! He's apparently very good mates with Mason Mount and people thought that might be a factor in him choosing Chelsea, that is if they have any more to spend and if they still want him after getting Fernandez.

Haha, Boehly's Chelsea have taken the piss more than any club has ever done before lol.

Hope so. I'm sure some sporting events (especially finals) were also available on youtube (free) or Amazon Prime.

When I first heard we were going for Gordon he would have been one of the last players I would have expected or asked for. He did look very sharp when came on the last game and showed some good potential in link up play. Seems to be motivated at least. Trust in Howe though above all.

Oh, good to hear. Can't imagine for eg Rashford being cool with celebrating goals with him.

Yep, player management and player fitness management are 2 more areas he is proving himself to go with the rest. I'm super-impressed so far and happy as I wanted him to do well.

Bit like the Super League, this. Like a garden weed, FFP crops up few years, you try and kill it off but then just keeps coming back.

As ever there's no way this will stick this time either, even if it should morally, but they can afford the best lawyers anyway who will pick apart the league arguments no doubt and probably end up with points added instead of taken away, lol.
The only thing I would say is that all the super-rich clubs are competing against themselves and can all afford the best lawyers, so any legal precedent set by one can be used by the other clubs to do the same thing. Theoretically this would only benefit the one with the will/ability to spend most if they can just copy the same strategy of rule-bending.

Transfer ban could affect them given they aren't firing at the moment.

Yeah, Newcastle at least have been reasonably sensible so far and also have a lot of FFP credit from spending F all in the Ashley years.

These super-rich potential future owners better be realistic about the prospects of success. When the whole top 6/7 has a rich owner and all are subject to FFP there is still only one league title, one FA Cup, one CL etc to share amongst them no matter who they all buy.
Yeah, I agree.

What’s the thoughts and views of our resident United fans on the takeover developments regarding Sir Jim Ratcliffe and now Qatari Investment?

What’s the thoughts and views of our resident United fans on the takeover developments regarding Sir Jim Ratcliffe and now Qatari Investment?
I would prefer Ratcliffe by a lot. Not a big fan of the Qatari links for obvious reasons. Sadly there's not much I can do about it as a supporter, if it happens it happens and it's just a tough pill you have to swallow as a supporter.

Good to hear. Look forward to watching him play more.

:D

The one thing that can be guaranteed for Rice (and most other English players) is that he will be massively overpriced! He's apparently very good mates with Mason Mount and people thought that might be a factor in him choosing Chelsea, that is if they have any more to spend and if they still want him after getting Fernandez.

Haha, Boehly's Chelsea have taken the piss more than any club has ever done before lol.

Hope so. I'm sure some sporting events (especially finals) were also available on youtube (free) or Amazon Prime.

When I first heard we were going for Gordon he would have been one of the last players I would have expected or asked for. He did look very sharp when came on the last game and showed some good potential in link up play. Seems to be motivated at least. Trust in Howe though above all.

Oh, good to hear. Can't imagine for eg Rashford being cool with celebrating goals with him.

Yep, player management and player fitness management are 2 more areas he is proving himself to go with the rest. I'm super-impressed so far and happy as I wanted him to do well.

:up:

Exactly, £100M for Rice is absurd, I aas hoping he'd go to Chelsea as well due to the Mount connection and the fact he came from their academy, but I can't see them buying him after spending £105M on Fernandez and still looking to spend even more for a Striker this summer.

Fingers crossed it's BBC or ITV!

What is Gordon's actual position? Howe’s an ideal manager to develop a player like Gordon and I'm sure he has a plan for how to utilise him.

Yeah I imagine Rashford will have been one of the main players to speak out along with De Gea, Bruno and possibly Varane and Shaw.

Ten Hag would probably be in line for manager of the season if Arsenal weren't looking likely to win the league, I always wanted him over Pich who all the British pundits were championing, but I didn't expect his impact to take effect so quickly.

I'm not sure how to feel in truth, I'm not sure Sir Jim Radcliffe has the resources for all the work needed on the stadium and training facilities, nevermind the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"