The other "Heroes"!

tecnowraith

Sidekick
Reaction score
Ok its time to speculate what other heroes and their powers do you think we see? What do you want to see in the show?

Well, I want to see plenty of people who use their gifts for vile purposes, #1.

But as far as abilities go, I want to see unique things (not the standard issue super speed or strength).

I for one would like to see some others (good or bad) with:

Superhuman Strength,
Speed,
Stamina,
Agility,
Reflexes,
Heightened Senses,
Genius Level IQ,
Rapid healing factor,
Telepathy,
Telekinesis,
Time travel.

It could be endless.

how can it be time to see what other powers we want before the first episode is even out?

Angelus7181 said:
I for one would like to see some others (good or bad) with:

Superhuman Strength,
Speed,
Stamina,
Agility,
Reflexes,
Heightened Senses,
Genius Level IQ,
Rapid healing factor,
Telepathy,
Telekinesis,
Time travel.

It could be endless.
Actually, judging from the information of the show - the powers are actually pretty weird and original, and aren't just rehashes of X-Men or other Marvel abilities. The ability to paint pictures of the future, stopping time, magic with mirrors, invulnerability, etc.

The producers have also said the focus will NOT be on Superheroic deeds - but on how the people deal with their new powers.

i would love to see a character who knows nothing about his past but mysteriously has claws that can come out of his hands... preferably accompanied by some sort of sound, maybe a *snikt* or something. just throwin' out ideas though. we could name him after some sort of viscious animal... like a racoon. those *****es hurt. :o

How about a person like Jak-Jak from incredibles. He had many powers. Demon changing, fly, immerse himself into fire, heat vision, turn into steel, phase through walls. Someone that has more than one power.

Batman the 6th said:
How about a person like Jak-Jak from incredibles. He had many powers. Demon changing, fly, immerse himself into fire, heat vision, turn into steel, phase through walls. Someone that has more than one power.
Nah - I think they'll be dealing with one power at a time, because I think that power has some tie to their personalities that adds to the conflict. Adding more than one power would be unnecessary, and I think it would clutter the storyline.

AlteredEgo --> Ha! Even better - call him the Badger! Badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers, Mushroom! Mushroom!

How about someone with 2 powers, like Jean Grey, or is strong and can heal fast.

Batman the 6th said:
How about someone with 2 powers, like Jean Grey, or is strong and can heal fast.
Those are different - that is a single power that has several aspects. Jean Grey is a psychic - hence, she can read minds, and move things with her mind. Same power.

Wolverine, who is strong and can heal fast - same power, because the reason he's strong is due to his healing factor. So you can't have a guy who can light himself on fire, and then have laser beams for eyes.

But Wolverine had animal senses, how does that relate to healing rapidly? What about immerse him/herself into fire, and be able to with stand heat and fire that isn't created by him/her? Maybe like a being that wants to control the other "heroes" and has more than one power, or he finds a way to kill others that have powers, and steal their powers, and have them as his own.

Batman the 6th said:
But Wolverine had animal senses, how does that relate to healing rapidly? What about immerse him/herself into fire, and be able to with stand heat and fire that isn't created by him/her? Maybe like a being that wants to control the other "heroes" and has more than one power, or he finds a way to kill others that have powers, and steal their powers, and have them as his own.
I think that would be defeat the aspect of the show - at least in the first season. It seems from the trailers that the "enemy" right now is a government conspiracy.

Ok, for 2nd season, maybe there is a superhuman that has a device that has a Rogue like power, that can take powers away and transfer them to himself/herself.

Batman the 6th said:
Ok, for 2nd seasom, maybe there is a superhuman that has a device that has a Rogue like power, that can take powers away and transfer them to himself/herself.
I think that's a little cliche, if you ask me - so many sci fi shows have featured a "leech" character who sucks powers. It's dead horse and I think people should stop beating it.

It wouldn't make for good drama, anyways.

Of course, they're eventually going to play the angle of somone who uses their powers for personal gain. A serial killer or a criminal mastermind type are the most likely possibilities, although an assasin with powers would be pretty cool too. They might be more origional and simply have it be a con man or a sleazy buisneesman. If it's a criminal mastermind type, I'd like it to be a little different and give him or her powers not normally associated with intelectuals. No psychic abilities. Maybe heat vision. Or, if it is psychic, how about the ability to control animals? Who needs hitmen and enforcers when you can kill a guy with a pack of wild dogs.

Badgers??????? We don't need no stinking badgers!

I can't think of any new powers. DC and Marvel comics took all of them. They could have one where the power is to melt any object by staring at it. That'd be cool.

Batman the 6th said:
I can't think of any new powers. DC and Marvel comics took all of them. They could have one where the power is to melt any object by staring at it. That'd be cool.

......heat vision? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"