Anything Smallville does Heroes does better!!!

Uh, I'm glad they changed it. Terrorist attacks are done best by shows like 24, and I really don't like Isaac.

Why do you not like him?

Dunno...he just always annoyed me. I liked his storyline, but he, as a character, as my least favourite. He always seemed so desperate about something - desperate for drugs, desperate to convince Simone that he had a power, desperate to get clean, desperate to paint the future without drugs, desperate to kill Peter, desperate to push away the blame for Simone's murder. The only time I actually liked him was when he accepted his death and began preparing for it.

Dunno...he just always annoyed me. I liked his storyline, but he, as a character, as my least favourite. He always seemed so desperate about something - desperate for drugs, desperate to convince Simone that he had a power, desperate to get clean, desperate to paint the future without drugs, desperate to kill Peter, desperate to push away the blame for Simone's murder. The only time I actually liked him was when he accepted his death and began preparing for it.

Grand point to make yes. After he excepts his fate he does turn over a new leaf if not too late though.

yeah Isaac was desperate a lot of the time. I'm glad he's dead. Serves him right for shooting my green eyed cutie. HAHA.

I just get mad that SV has Superman...a person with all the powers in the world...and they only CONSISTENTLY utilize his speed and strength (and obviously his invulnerability, but that's a given).

He hasn't touched superbreath since Sneeze, and he's using Heat Vision and X-Ray Vision less and less as time goes on.

I just get mad that SV has Superman...a person with all the powers in the world...and they only CONSISTENTLY utilize his speed and strength (and obviously his invulnerability, but that's a given).

He hasn't touched superbreath since Sneeze, and he's using Heat Vision and X-Ray Vision less and less as time goes on.

Yes this is just one of the short cummings of SV. Unlike Heroes is dares to use more than one power.

Like Peter, used phase power, healing, lighting, super strength, mind reading, mind movement control...etc

All in one moment.

SV would do better if it had the budget of an average movie for a single episode - and I'm not just talking about the CGI.

SV would do better if it had the budget of an average movie for a single episode - and I'm not just talking about the CGI.

Meh...budget should not have to effect the quality of the story or characters. :o :cmad: :yay:

Meh...budget should not have to effect the quality of the story or characters. :o :cmad: :yay:

Unfortunately it does. Good writers are expensive, and, I'm guessing avoiding the show because it's become quite a mixed up soup.

The producers could seek out fresh blood, but it takes time as the writers have to prove that they can carry an episode, let alone an entire show. They should've hired JMS, dagnabbit! Like... 4 seasons ago. Or 7, even.

JMS is God.

Unfortunately it does. Good writers are expensive, and, I'm guessing avoiding the show because it's become quite a mixed up soup.

The producers could seek out fresh blood, but it takes time as the writers have to prove that they can carry an episode, let alone an entire show. They should've hired JMS, dagnabbit! Like... 4 seasons ago. Or 7, even.

JMS is God.

No way should $$ or ££ effect a show that is no excuse.

Babylon 5 was cheap. I think that did great for a cheap show.

No way should $$ or ££ effect a show that is no excuse.

Babylon 5 was cheap. I think that did great for a cheap show.

would have done WAY WAY WAY better if it had mo money. SV has the worst writers on the face of the planet. But who can tell with WB. Who knows how many idiot strings are being pulled from up on high. example: last week, Christina Milian, Movie star girl. How does something like that happen on a TV show? I mean she was horrible. Can't act, looked pretty, but a damn cardboard stand up could have acted the part better. It destroyed what would have been an otherwise interesting episode.

Heroes on the other hand... has hot chicks, who play the parts well (although some are a little ridiculous), much better, relatively compared with SV.

And you can really see it, with actors who have played on both shows. DL, he was 1 of the 2 first kryptonians on SV (god that was bad, crop tops and spandex) and he was pretty horrible on the show. But then of Heroes, totally different story. DL was a great character last season.

It's the writing: does this have to do with money. Probably. But also has to do with idiotic creative direction

More or less, I guess you're right. The show is "pretty big" as it is, and not having a bigger budget isn't a working excuse. They could've gotten better writers if they'd really wanted. Some of the problems have always been there, so I guess you could just call it production disagreement.

Different producers -> different writers -> different show.

Better? Perhaps.

What I missed is the continuity, the feeling of watching a big whole story.

Comparing B5 and SV is ridiculous, and I'm not talking about how crappy the CGI in B5 might look to most. B5 carries itself gracefully. There is a huge story with numerous subplots, larger than life characters and great dialogue. Bigger production values would've however increased the immersion and made things more believable to those who can't get a grip on the show because of it's low budget induced cheapness.

Overall, SV is SV. If they would've had a bigger budget it still would be the same - except possibly more flashy.

Writers are the soul of any TV serie or movie and good writers know their worth.

would have done WAY WAY WAY better if it had mo money. SV has the worst writers on the face of the planet. But who can tell with WB. Who knows how many idiot strings are being pulled from up on high. example: last week, Christina Milian, Movie star girl. How does something like that happen on a TV show? I mean she was horrible. Can't act, looked pretty, but a damn cardboard stand up could have acted the part better. It destroyed what would have been an otherwise interesting episode.

Heroes on the other hand... has hot chicks, who play the parts well (although some are a little ridiculous), much better, relatively compared with SV.

And you can really see it, with actors who have played on both shows. DL, he was 1 of the 2 first kryptonians on SV (god that was bad, crop tops and spandex) and he was pretty horrible on the show. But then of Heroes, totally different story. DL was a great character last season.

It's the writing: does this have to do with money. Probably. But also has to do with idiotic creative direction

I would say more so the creative direction than money. Yes B5 would have done better with more money but even with it's total lack of mega bucks it kicked ass. Most likely due to good creative direction and writing and acting. SV just falls short do to lazyness. Like you said, DL on Heroes compared to DL on SV.

I agree...the writing in SV does feel pretty lazy. I used to be REALLY into the series...but now it just feels more and more like a soap opera rather than an action/drama based on people with superpowers.

I agree...the writing in SV does feel pretty lazy. I used to be REALLY into the series...but now it just feels more and more like a soap opera rather than an action/drama based on people with superpowers.

Lazy is an understatement. They were strapped for ideas from the 3rd season on.

This Perry White?

perrysmaller.jpg

I loved that character, even though I don't always like that actor.

The link was bad...:(

But yes he popped up once....which was just OK....not great just OK.

Hence the new premature characters, Lois, Jimmy, Perry White etc....

they weren't premature... they were late. plain and simple. SV should never have made it to 7 seasons. 6 at the most. All the cameo business should have started in late 3rd, 4th season.

Heroes on the otherhand, can just keep introducing characters, and kill off those who are not performing well. The thing with heroes is that when the plot isn't moving forward, the interesting character development is, and visa versa.

they weren't premature... they were late. plain and simple. SV should never have made it to 7 seasons. 6 at the most. All the cameo business should have started in late 3rd, 4th season.

Heroes on the otherhand, can just keep introducing characters, and kill off those who are not performing well. The thing with heroes is that when the plot isn't moving forward, the interesting character development is, and visa versa.

SV did try, to be fair, bring in more characters...like GA

Gotta agree with Superfreak, regardless of the futility of the whole matter. What's done is done, and I can't honestly say that I would've expected SV to be substantially better even if it would've had only 5 seasons - it would've just been shorter.

However, it might not be entirely wrong to say that some of these characters were introduced prematurely - because the show didn't exactly go anywhere with it's "villain of the week" theme, and you could say that Clark's story didn't develop towards any sensible end, where these characters like Perry White could've been introduced in some different manner than sort of like a "guest star of the episode".

Gotta agree with Superfreak, regardless of the futility of the whole matter. What's done is done, and I can't honestly say that I would've expected SV to be substantially better even if it would've had only 5 seasons - it would've just been shorter.

However, it might not be entirely wrong to say that some of these characters were introduced prematurely - because the show didn't exactly go anywhere with it's "villain of the week" theme, and you could say that Clark's story didn't develop towards any sensible end, where these characters like Perry White could've been introduced in some different manner than sort of like a "guest star of the episode".

These characters were obviously used to keep the show proped up untill it finishes.

Speaking of killing of characters, I was a bit upset that [BLACKOUT]Parkman survied 4 bullets to the torso while DL dies from one to the torso.[/BLACKOUT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"