The Outsider

This might be what cinches the 2nd season green light:

The question is whether they can maintain those numbers. They've run out of book plot and would need to figure out how to keep it going. I know some of you are saying you would keep watching, but personally I'm not sure I'd bother with a second season because I watched it for an adaptation of the book, and that's what I got.

Just binged this. I thought it started really strong, but man, they really dragged those last eps out. Not sure it really needs another season as I didn't even think it needed more than 6 or 7 eps, lol. The cast was awesome, though.

Really enjoyed this. Never posted but I was a week by week viewer after episode 4.

However, I dont really want a season 2 either. Didn't they try that recently with Big Little Lies?

Binged this last night. Im just going to list some of my problems with it.

They drew this out way too much.

It took Ralph way too long to realize that his wife's drawing looked like Merlin's drawing.

Half the BS with Jack was entirely unnecessary.

Numerous scenes of Claude in the strip club werent necessary.

Ralph spend too much of the season acting like he isnt taking this thing seriously which leaves the investigation feeling half hearted for too long.

The characters were entirely too hung up on the monster aspect of Cuco. If the idea of a monster offends their sensibilities then they could have just thought about it as a really horrible human serial killer. Regardless of what it is something is obviously killing these children. There is a clear pattern. A clear cause, and it has to be stopped. So if Holly wants to call it a devil who the fork cares.

One of the biggest problems with this season is that the two most important elements, Cuco and Terry's family, were the least developed elements of the story. Cuco feeds on pain and drives the surrounding family members of the victim to suicide and death. This is pointed out multiple times. But Glory and her daughters seem to be mostly ignored by it. There is a scene in the book when Cuco comes to visit the youngest daughter. It looks like her dad. Its creepy as fork. Rather than showing this the show only tells us about it. Wtf? Dont tell me Cuco visited the little girl. Show me. The season should have spent more time with Glory and the daughters with Cuco tormenting them and appearing as Terry. Glory should have began to think she was losing her mind. Ralph should have seen her deteriorating and this should have made him more and more determined to catch and kill Cuco.

And the ending should have been so much more. The scenes in the cave should have been something like the movie The Descent. With the characters getting picked off by Jack and Cuco. That would have actually been creepy.

Last edited:
The characters were entirely too hung up on the monster aspect of Cuco. If the idea of a monster offends their sensibilities then they could have just thought about it as a really horrible human serial killer. Regardless of what it is something is obviously killing these children. There is a clear pattern. A clear cause, and it has to be stopped. So if Holly wants to call it a devil who the **** cares.

Yeah, if I was there, I'd have said to Ralph, "Okay, so say there's a guy who wants to be El Cuco, and everything he does is modeled after that. Start from there." But really, if you don't know what to think, you work with what you have. Even if it turns out that Holly's wrong, by investigating it, maybe it leads you in the right direction, rather than just closing your eyes and sticking your fingers in your ears.

The Outsider Star Confirms Stephen King Adaptation Isn't a Limited Series

Actor Yul Vázquez stars in the new Hulu horror film Books of Blood, inspired by Clive Barker's series of short stories, which is only one of the latest genre projects fans can see him in this year, having also starred in the HBO series The Outsider, based on Stephen King's novel. With the series having covered nearly all of the events of the original novel, many audiences assumed that it would be a limited series event, but Vázquez recently confirmed that we shouldn't consider it a limited series, though he played coy about whether that means the series is definitely getting more seasons or if we can expect to see his character return.

"It's not a limited series," Vázquez shared with ComicBook.com during a recent interview in honor of Books of Blood. "I can't say anything about it, but all I can tell you is that it's not a limited series.

Eh...I think it worked well as a limited series. I hope they don't do like Big Little Lies

Netflix might (although they don't have a good track record of picking up other networks shows) as MRC are the same group behind Ozark and House of Cards.

Wasn’t a fan of the first season, so I wouldn’t miss it too much if it ends up not getting picked up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"