The Outsider

HBO Orders ‘The Outsider’ Drama Series Based On Stephen King Novel Starring Ben Mendelsohn From Jason Bateman & MRC

HBO has given a series order to supernatural drama The Outsider, based on Stephen King’s bestselling novel, with Ben Mendelsohn set to star and produce. The project, which marks Mendelsohn’s return to TV following his Emmy-winning turn on Bloodline, hails from The Night Of co-creator/executive producer Richard Price, director-producer Jack Bender (Mr. Mercedes) Jason Bateman’s Aggregate Films, Temple Hill Entertainment and MRC. Ozark star/director/executive producer Bateman is set to direct the first two episodes of The Outsider and may guest star.

Bateman really throws me off, but I really like Mendelsohn. And I trust HBO.

Will check it out.

Haven't gotten around to this book yet, but all around, this sounds like a good arrangement.

HBO's Stephen King Series 'The Outsider' Fills Out Cast

HBO's series adaptation of Stephen King's novel The Outsider has rounded out its cast, adding Tony and Grammy winner Cynthia Erivo and several other actors to the drama.

The crime drama/supernatural thriller from Media Rights Capital previously cast Ben Mendelsohn in a lead role. The series, based on King's 2018 novel, follows a seemingly straightforward investigation into the murder of a young boy. As it progresses, a seasoned cop and unorthodox investigator come to question everything they believe is real when a supernatural force edges its way into the case.

Mendelsohn is playing Ralph Anderson, the detective investigating the case. Erivo will play investigator Holly Gibney, a character from King's Mr. Mercedesnovels (who, incidentally, is played by Justine Lupe in the DirecTV series of the same name) who joins Ralph on what seems like an open-and-shut case.

Also joining the cast as series regulars are Bill Camp (The NIght Of) as lawyer Howie Gold; Mare Winningham (The Affair) as Jeannie Anderson; Paddy Considine (Informer) as Claude Bolton, a witness in the case; Julianne Nicholson (I, Tonya) as Mercy Maitland, the wife of the accused; Yul Vazquez (Narcos: Mexico) as state police detective Yunis Sablo; Jeremy Bobb (Godless) as Alec Pelley; and Marc Menchaca (Ozark) as Jack Hoskins, a rival of Ralph's. Hettienne Park (Hannibal) and Michael Esper (Trust) will recur as, respectively, characters named Tomika Collins and Bill Samuels.

Hopefully Mendelsohn actually does something different acting-wise.

The Outsider Cast
Posted: January 26, 2019, 01:56:04
Section: TV » The Outsider
Here is the latest casting for HBO’s The Outsider:

Ben Mendelsohn will play Ralph Anderson
Cynthia Erivo will play Holly Gibney
Bill Camp will play Howie Gold
Mare Winningham will play Jeannie Anderson
Paddy Considine will play Claude Bolton
Julianne Nicholson will play Mercy Maitland
Yul Vázquez will play Yunis Sablo
Jeremy Bobb will play Alec Pelley
Marc Menchaca will play Jack Hoskins
HettiennePark will play Tomika Collind
Michael Esper will play Bill Samuels

This means we’ll get a ”new” Holly, what is your thoughts on that?

Copied from Lilja's Library: Lilja's Library - The World of Stephen King [1996 - 2019]

First Clip From The Outsider
Posted: May 13, 2019, 14:31:39
Here is a first, very short clip, from HBO's The Outsider. No info about a release date though but in this trailer it's listed for 2020 (next year).

The Outsider To Premier In January 2020
Posted: September 12, 2019, 11:50:41
When King visited Stephen Colbert yesterday he said Outsider will premier on HBO in January 2020.

outsider_hbo.jpg

Copied from Lilja's Library: Lilja's Library - The World of Stephen King [1996 - 2019]

Ben Mendelsohn is an amazing actor so I'll check it out although this being based on King's work doesn't make me optimistic after the last adaptations...

Cast is solid. Bill Camp and Paddy Considine are really good character actors.

Official trailer

(warning cussing in trailer)

I'm seriously looking forward to this. :D

Really enjoyed it so far, in an odd way the pilot episode's dialogue made it feel like I was listening to a serialized podcast,also reminds me a lot of 'The Night of'.

The Outsider has such an intriguing premise. Unfortunately, as was the case of the book, the premise is completely squandered very early on, and becomes something that doesn't live up to the potential of the premise by turning into a much less compelling story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"