DC TV Series The Penguin MAX show

This looks fantastic. Farrell is at the top of his game as this character. I hope he nabs some Emmy and Golden Globe noms.

Also, I have to say that I absolutely love this new Batman universe that Reeves has created. I periodically see comments online saying The Batman wasn’t that good (or “mid” as apparently everything is these days) and I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. It was an exceptional film. I hope Reeves is able to finish his trilogy, and we get a few seasons of this if it’s as good as it looks.

Looks fan-freaking-tastic and I am HYPED! I will never get over how amazing the make up/prosthetics look on Farrell as Penguin. They deserve another raise or two.

This truly doesn't even look or feel like a show based on a comic book but, as many have said, more in line with something like The Sopranos or Boardwalk Empire.

And I'm all here for that.

Exactly and that’s great.

Just showed it to my dad (who is very into Scarface, Godfather, Sopranos, etc.) and he’s interested in it partially due to that.

They really nailed the tone here.

Reeve’s Batmanverse has been my favorite so far. He was taught by Jeph Loeb (one of my favorite Batman writers) and it really shows.

Oh **** I totally missed that Michael Zegen is playing Alberto Falcone. Loved him on Mrs. Maisel!

It looks awesome. Penguin has always been my second favorite Batman villain ever since I watched Danny and Burgess Meredith as a kid. I never thought I would see him get his own TV series. So hyped for this.

It will help tide us over for Batman 2 since that got pushed back.

Nice, although I gotta say it isn't quite up to the standard set by Jacqueline Durran on The Batman. Her pieces had more depth of colour and small details to them, such as a purple tartan pattern to his dinner jacket whereas this is a more simplistic black and white ensemble. I noticed that the dinner jacket he is wearing in the new trailer is also a more basic black model with notch lapels, which is a little disappointing.

To be fair, all of this stuff is quite good, but some disappointment is inevitable when you are following the best costume designer on Hollywood (Pride&Prejudice, Tinker Tailor, Barbie) with a TV budget.

This truly doesn't even look or feel like a show based on a comic book but, as many have said, more in line with something like The Sopranos or Boardwalk Empire.

And I'm all here for that.
Same. I like my stories dark and gritty and this is that.

Nice, although I gotta say it isn't quite up to the standard set by Jacqueline Durran on The Batman. Her pieces had more depth of colour and small details to them, such as a purple tartan pattern to his dinner jacket whereas this is a more simplistic black and white ensemble. I noticed that the dinner jacket he is wearing in the new trailer is also a more basic black model with notch lapels, which is a little disappointing.

To be fair, all of this stuff is quite good, but some disappointment is inevitable when you are following the best costume designer on Hollywood (Pride&Prejudice, Tinker Tailor, Barbie) with a TV budget.

Bro, you need to be a judge on Project Runway. That is some deep insight that I never would have noticed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"