The PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Thread

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
Capcom has done it with its vs Series and Capcom Fighting Evolution. They also did it with Namco with their RPG title, Namco x Capcom. Nintendo has with Smash Bros and both they and Sega have as well with their kart racers, party games and sports titles. With the Playstation brand being around for 15 years now, Sony has created alot of IPs and its about time they do a game featuring all-stars from across their fanchises? They are kinda getting there with Heroes on the Move, but Im talking something bigger in scale. If they did, what kind of title would you want to see? What genre? Who should be in it?

Probably one of the more obvious choices which has been thrown around before is a fighter. Id model it similarly to the gameplay of the Power Stone series. Have a big 3D arena for 4 players with multiple levels and areas. Square/Triangle for light/strong attack. X to jump, Circle to grab/throw. L1/R1 + different buttons for special attacks. L2/R2 for 1 of 2 super moves. As for roster, 1-2 from different Sony series and if they had at least 20 of these, I think it would be good.

1. Kratos (God of War)
2. Athena (God of War)
3. Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
4. Elena or Chloe (Uncharted)
5. Ratchet (Ratchet and Clank)
6. Captain Qwark (Ratchet and Clank)
7. Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper)
8. Bentley (Sly Cooper)
9. Jak (Jak and Daxter)
10. Daxter (Jak and Daxter)
11. Nathan Hale (Resistance)
12. Chimera (Resistance)
13. Parappa (Parappa the Rappa)
14. Cole McGrath (Infamous)
15. Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet)
16. Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
17. Flying Fox (Heavenly Sword)
18. Spike (Ape Escape)
19. Specter (Ape Escape)
20. Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)
21. Axel (Twisted Metal)
22. Sir Daniel Fortesque (MediEvil)
23. Sev (Killzone)
24. Radec (Killzone)
25. The Mage (Fat Princess)
26. Tatepon (Patapon)
27. Buzz (Buzz!)
28. Ico (Ico)
29. Lazarus Jones (Ghosthunter)
30. Jen (Primal)
31. Gabe Logan (Syphon Filter)
32. Ellen (Folklore)
33. Congar (War of the Monsters)
34. Yosh-tsune (Genji)
35. Norman Jayden (Heavy Rain)
36. Solid Snake (Metal Gear)
37. Raiden (Metal Gear)

The Metal Gear characters would be good guest characters as their so tied to Sony systems. Jayden would be a good representation from HR and out of the characters from there, seems like he'd be the least out of place

So what do you think?

I'm sick of mash up games like that, personally, but I'm sure there's a market for it.

Im sure there is which is why Im surprised Sony hasnt tried anything yet. The msot we've gotten is character skins from other franchies making appearances in other games, like Killzone/Infamous/Resistance in Uncharted and others in Modnation Racers, LittleBigPlanet, etc...

You want Jayden in a fighting game!?

You want Jayden in a fighting game!?
lol..not necesarily. He was a very last minute addition to that list. But hey if these characters can be added to LittleBigPlanet, then why not? Jayden would most likely be high on Tryptocaine and would think the entire game was some simulation within his ARI. Thats why I said he'd work the best out of all the characters from that title

I think it's a good idea, and Sony has enough big mascot's to warrant it. I'm not sure if I personally would buy it, but I think it's a good idea. My list would be -

1. Drake
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Jak
4. Sweet Tooth
5. Cole
6. Kratos
7. Cloud (I'm sure Square would let Sony borrow him)
8. Snake
9. Raiden
10. Selvaria (from Valkyria Chronicles, she'd fit in well, and fill the hot girl spot)
11. Ratchet
12. Sackboy
13. the Katamari guy (forget his name)
14. Scott Shelby (from Heavy Rain, don't ask me why, but it would be awesome)
15. Nariko
16. Sully
17. Hale
18. the main character from Yakuza (haven't played the games, so not sure of his name)
19. Ico
20. Fei (from Xenogears, it is a PS1 exclusive, and he has an interesting fighting style and look)

The boss, who knows lol. They could always use the Dragon God from Demon's Souls lol.

You gotta throw Clank in there
I did originally but then took him off as I never liked playing as him. I think Qwark would make for a funner playable. I guess you could squeeze 3 of them from that series in there

Personally I'd rather see some of the side kicks relegated to special moves with the heroes rather than taking up precious character spots. Ratchet could call Clank out for a super, or Jak pull out Daxter for some sort of upper cut rather than devoting time and resources to giving Clank and Daxter their own moveset and models over some other character.

There is a Sony All-Stars game. It's called Heroes on the Move starring Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, and Sly Cooper & Bentley.

There is a Sony All-Stars game. It's called Heroes on the Move starring Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, and Sly Cooper & Bentley.

I mentioned that game in the opening post.....Im looking for something bigger in scale going across a wide range fo Sony franchises. Heroes on the Move is limited for one bc its a Move game and it only draws upon their 3 most notable platformers. 3 games really isnt enough to quantify as their All-stars game

Sony's characters just aren't iconic enough for it. Guys like Jak, Dexter, Kratos, Nathan, and Logan may be cool characters but they can't hold a candle to the likes of Megaman, Ryu, Chris, Samus, Mario, Link, Sonic and other mashup regulars.

Yeah pretty much. They just don't have the nostalgia that Nintendo's characters have and characters like Kratos should not be interacting with characters that are appropriate for all ages like Sly Cooper.

Yeah but why make this thread boring by grounding it in reality? Who cares if a little boy in a green tunic is more "iconic" than the guy that, half beaten to death, climbs up a train dangeling off of the side of a cliff? I still wanna play as Drake.

I actually love (& buy all of) these kind of games for some reason. Sony has some HUGE frontline characters like Kratos & Snake (Kratos Vs Ryu or Kazuya pls :word:..or even Kratos in Soul Calibur!! :cool: :cool:) but not sure the depth of iconic characters is there to match the Nintendo mashups or the likes of Marvel Vs Capcom. (yet)
Sony's characters just aren't iconic enough for it. Guys like Jak, Dexter, Kratos, Nathan, and Logan may be cool characters but they can't hold a candle to the likes of Megaman, Ryu, Chris, Samus, Mario, Link, Sonic and other mashup regulars.
Yeah.

You know, a while back I was thinking of making a topic similar to this one on the Microsoft board, but I decided not to because my list was only two guys long.

1. Master Chief
2. Gears of War Guy

:funny:

Yep, MS roaster of protagonist will sucks if they would do something like a all-stars game.

You know, a while back I was thinking of making a topic similar to this one on the Microsoft board, but I decided not to because my list was only two guys long.

1. Master Chief
2. Gears of War Guy

I guess you can add Banjoe Kazooie and the Fable hero to that list, but yeah, they really dont have too many characters identifiable with their brand or that they own through any of their IPs

1. Master Chief
2. Gears of War Guy

Haha, how about Bill Gates?

1. Master Chief
2. Gears of War Guy

Nah, you can atleast get to 5.

3. Car that says Forza on it
4. Milo
5. Skittlez from Kinect

Heh, I kid, I kid...6. Alan Wake!

Haha, how about Bill Gates?

Naw, son. We would need a heavy hitter like Steve Ballmer or Peter Moore. You know those guys love to tussle.

Nah, you can atleast get to 5.

3. Car that says Forza on it
4. Milo
5. Skittlez from Kinect

Heh, I kid, I kid...6. Alan Wake!

Alright, so we've got 6 now.

Hurm...

Oh! We mustn't forget about two of gamings most beloved characters...

7. Voodoo Vince
8. Blinx the...cat? I think?

Great, now we're cooking. Eight characters, we've got enough for a fighting game from 1992.

Last edited:
9. Your recordings from "You're in the movies!"

Heroes on the move can b considered as a all star game but it has the right idea just the wrong characters and story

Thread resurrection!!

So, there have been a ton of rumors of a Sony "Smash Bros." being in the works for a while now. The latest is that Superbot has been fast at work on one. Here is the latest.

New content has been discovered that all but confirms this speculated title. Chris Molina, a senior level designer at SuperBot Entertainment, has posted the images above to his Twitter account and has left messages that essentially confirm its existence. One image even indicates that Kratos and Sweet Tooth will be making an appearance.
SuperBot has been the studio rumored to be working on the project.
Some of Molina’s more interesting tweets:
1.Our capture station and waiting area – Parappa is a permanent resident http://twitpic.com/6a60jz
2.The character artist sitting a row ahead of mine is modeling polygonal female boobies. Carry on…
3.Our studio fighters getting their brawl on http://twitpic.com/6au76k
4.Racing to finish a level design doc for today’s review – map layout is looking spiffy if I do say so myself.
5.Slam! Second level design pitch approved by our studio leads! Now onto Sony Santa Monica for a final green light.
6.In the middle of a skype video interview with a level design candidate from Osaka, Japan.
7.New Sony Playstation commercial vaguely foreshadowing our soon to be announced title – http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature…&v=HBuK3EcY6vk
8.Checking out the original art assets from a Sony IP title we’re appropriating for my level – very cool seeing this environment in raw form.
http://gamingeverything.com/12186/sonys-smash-bros-competitor-all-but-confirmed-images-revealed/

All of those tweets have been erased from his account.
https://twitter.com/#!/TheAuburnSky

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"