who is sony's (most well known) playstation mascot?

so what? Jin wasnt standing solo. He's never used as THE representative. In those two examples you posted, he was used as but one of several characters used. Whereas Heihachi has been chosen as the sole figure for the series numerous times. He is the only consistent face when it comes to showcasing Tekken. The way you value Jin would be more akin to Capcom with Ken and Ryu, Heihachi being the Ryu in this situation and Jin being Ken. Popular and up there as one of the premier figures from the franchise, but only one is always used

so what? Jin wasnt standing solo. He's never used as THE representative. In those two examples you posted, he was used as but one of several characters used. Whereas Heihachi has been chosen as the sole figure for the series numerous times. He is the only consistent face when it comes to showcasing Tekken. The way you value Jin would be more akin to Capcom with Ken and Ryu, Heihachi being the Ryu in this situation and Jin being Ken. Popular and up there as one of the premier figures from the franchise, but only one is always used

definitely not. kazuya and jin are always seen as the face of the series in terms of who is the protagonist. heihachi was the protagonist only in tekken 2.

in practice i can show you:
Namco_capcom.jpg

that's jin and ryu centered on the cover, not ryu & heihachi

ProjectXZone.jpg

that's jin in the center, not heihachi.

640px-Tek_x_sf.jpg

Devil Jin, evil ryu, Jin, and ryu as the first 4 characters confirmed for txsf. Not heihachi and ryu.
he is representative though like you said, but i'd say that's since he's essentially the grandfather of the series.

Spyro was like the Link to Crash's Mario.
i don't know how to compare the two. don't know enough about the legacies of nintendo's IPs

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"