the Portrayal of Metropolis

Just like they CGI'ed classic Chicago buildings in Begins to make them look a bit different. For example Wayne Tower is hardly that tall in real life. Then they added the monorail, etc. They didnt do that in TDK and it didnt look as futuristic then.
Actually they did, it was just less frequent and much more subtle.

YEAH, the Gotham in Dark Knight was still CGIed.

Those concept images from the SR game are perfect. Metropolis should be futuristic. It is the city of tomorrow. It should feel like it is from a time that has no yet arrived.

Something like this wouldn't hurt...

sr-videogame-pic14.jpg

Those concept images from the SR game are perfect. Metropolis should be futuristic. It is the city of tomorrow. It should feel like it is from a time that has no yet arrived.

I'd like to see varying levels of retrofuturism the buildings, to show that people have always envisioned Metropolis as the city of tomorrow, but that our vision of tomorrow is constantly shifting. Seeing Googie and Art Deco influences alongside a more current vision of the future seen in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. If all goes according to plan, Metropolis shouldn't seem like a historical and futuristic city at once.

I like that..I like this too.

Metropolis.jpg

Something Art Deco like would be the best choice. Really bright and somehow in a constant dawn/dusk.
I think Snyder would do it CGI completely, but then again Nolan is on board too, who as we all know does most things without. What is the most Art Deco-ish city in the U.S.?

And I never ever want to see Superman flying around the Statue of Liberty again.
Damn I always hated this. The statue is far too recognizable as being part of New York City. And Metropolis is not NYC.

Something like that might work in GTA4, but not as a living and breathing Metropolis.

Something Art Deco like would be the best choice. Really bright and somehow in a constant dawn/dusk.
I think Snyder would do it CGI completely, but then again Nolan is on board too, who as we all know does most things without. What is the most Art Deco-ish city in the U.S.?

And I never ever want to see Superman flying around the Statue of Liberty again.
Damn I always hated this. The statue is far too recognizable as being part of New York City. And Metropolis is not NYC.

Something like that might work in GTA4, but not as a living and breathing Metropolis.

Nolan has said SEVERAL times he has stepped off the project last December and is sitting back to see what Snyder does. I'm not so sure he is going to give much input and interfere with Snyder's vision

Nolan has said SEVERAL times he has stepped off the project last December and is sitting back to see what Snyder does. I'm not so sure he is going to give much input and interfere with Snyder's vision

Ok. Didn't know that.
But that doesn't change anything about my post. Just take the Nolan part out.

Ok. Didn't know that.
But that doesn't change anything about my post. Just take the Nolan part out.

I'm sure he is still producing, I doubt he would leave the project altogether, but you never can tell with him. I think art deco would work for Metropolis also with a futuristic touch to it

Personally, I would film the Metropolis scenes in Toronto, Canada. It's a beautiful city, it's clean, it's modern, plenty of impressive buildings and stadiums too shoot. The kind of city that looks financed by a major conglomerate like LexCorp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"