Age of Ultron The (potential) Masters of Evil thread

Basically you take some cues form Dark Avengers maybe, but not so much as them being hired thugs. They all have their own agendas, and they don't really care for each other, yet their mutual hatred of their enemy is where they do their best work.

Eh, not so big on the Masters appearing in a movie. Atleast not before Ultron or Kang appear.

They've already somewhat fought a singular villain, it would be a good switch up. They plan on keeping the franchise going for a while via sequels and random spinoffs for a minute, so it won't really matter.

I disagree with you. Which fine.

There is nothing that proves that he is full of ****, other than your opinion, and you not wanting it to go in that direction. Hasn't marvel jumped all over the false rumors? He's been right about everything so far.
And again, this isn't 616, its the mcu. apparently, if they decide they want thanos to pull strings for the moe, then they will do it.

they are the ones making the movies. Roger is the "insider" who has posted these rumors. Until one of his rumors proves to be false, and it is confirmed that he is ********ting us and trolling the whole marvel fanbase, then based on his past rumors being true, I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and there is nothing wrong with doing so.

Okay, here's a scorecard I put together of his Twitter success/failure record so far:

orange: debunked
red: unproven, and unsupported by corroborating reports
yellow: unproven, but supported by corroborating reports
green: proven

9 Nov
Inside News: The Masters of Evil will feature in The Avengers 2.

1 Nov
Inside News: Captain America 2 will feature flashbacks of Black Widow's past and her complicated relationship with the Winter Soldier.

</DIV>30 Oct
Inside News: Crossbones will have a rivalry with the Winter Soldier, which results in a really epic fight scene.

</DIV>24 Oct
Expect a casting announcement very soon. (This one's so vague that it almost counts. "Very soon" could be a week from now, or a year from now. Doesn't mention which movie, of course.)

</DIV>22 Oct
@TheDanielWolf You got me brother, but I can only assume that wasn't the entire race. (....huh....?)

</DIV>19 Oct

</DIV>Inside News: Currently the word is that Iron Man 3 will feature a mid credits scene AND a post credits scene.

</DIV>
Inside News: In Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Steve Rogers will lead a smaller scale team including Falcon and the Black Widow.

</DIV>15 Oct
Lukin or Zemo? You decide...

</DIV>12 Oct
@RorMachine I heard about those castings on CBM, great scoop!

</DIV>9 Oct
Inside News: The S.H.I.E.L.D. television series will use the "villain of the week" format for the beginning of the show's run.

</DIV>5 Oct
Inside News: Advanced Ideas Mechanics (AIM) has a major role in the current draft of Ant-Man.

</DIV>28 Sep
Inside News: Remember that the Guardians of the Galaxy banner was only concept art, so that may not be the final roster of the team. (pretty sure Feige said it *was* the final roster. Anyhow, still unproven.)

</DIV>

</DIV>27 Sep
Inside News: Iron Man 3 is currently undergoing a last minute rewrite particularly in the film's third act.

</DIV>
Everybody go back and really look at the Guardians of the Galaxy banner, I think you'll find something very intreging. (Could you be a little more vague, Roger...?)

</DIV>26 Sep
@SenorNerd I said don't expect him to only be in Avengers 2. (....who?)

</DIV>25 Sep
Inside News: Marvel will use S.H.I.E.L.D. to introduce new heroes and villains into the MCU.

</DIV>23 Sep
Inside News: Marvel is keen on atleast 2 new heroes joining in Avengers 2.

</DIV>
19 Sep
Inside News: Thanos will be the mastermind of Marvel's Phase II, so don't just expect to see him in The Avengers 2.

19 Sep
Inside News: Elements of the delayed/postponed series Mockingbird will be incorporated into S.H.I.E.L.D.

18 Sep
Something that was very overlooked in The Avengers, but is still of great importance is that Tony Stark has access to Thor's DNA

15 Sep
Inside News: Marvel is hoping for SHIELD to kickstart the MCU in television form. Much like how Iron Man started the MCU in the first place.

8 Sep
The numbers will lead you....9876541 (....what?)

5 Sep
Inside News: Every villain answers to somebody, even the Winter Soldier. Who better to answer to than a Baron?

5 Sep
Inside News: Pepper Potts's role in Iron Man 3 is gonna be full of suprises and unexpected turns. (sure; but intentionally vague here.)

5 Sep
Inside News: Marvel Studios has a Black Panther script, but they are having doubts whether or not if the character could hold his own film.

5 Sep
Inside News: Chen Lu will not be referred to as Radioactive Man in Iron Man 3.

2 Sep
Inside News: Aldrich Killian will be basically be an unwilling pawn of The Mandarin's.

2 Sep
Inside News: Mandarin will be the main antagonist in Iron Man 3, not the behind the scenes villain we've previously been thought to believe.

2 Sep
Inside News: Expect some casting news very soon! (vague, vague, vague.)

29 Aug
Inside News: the SHIELD tv series may use archive footage from the Avengers.

27 Aug
Inside News: Aldis Hodge is currently on Marvel's radar.

22 Aug
Inside News: There's something "Strange" about Thor: The Dark World

22 Aug
Inside News: Actors like Cobie Smulders, Maximiliano Hernández, and Titus Welliver will be used on the Joss Whedon Marvel TV show

22 Aug
Inside News: Anna Kendrick is currently the front runner for the main female lead in The Winter Soldier.

19 Aug
Inside News: Marvel is negotiations with Viggo Mortensen for an unspecified role in one of their Phase 2 films.

15 Aug
Inside News: Marvel wanted the rights to Silver Surfer and Galactus for Guardians of the Galaxy.

7 Aug
Will Josh Whedon's tv show be the Hulk show? Or something else all together? You'll just have to wait and see.

6 Aug
Inside News: Surtur will have a prescence in Thor: The Dark World.

1 Aug
Inside News: Marvel is seriously considering having Pepper Potts armour up in Iron Man 3, an idea that scrapped from the previous film

31 Jul
Inside News: Marvel is keen on Hugo Weaving returning as the Red Skull but a deal had yet to be made

16 Jul
Even though the character was absent from the concept art Marvel plans on using Adam Warlock in GotG alongside his evil alter ego Magus.

15 Jul
Inside news: Marvel is keen on using a certain winged hero in Captain AmericaThe Winter Soldier, potentially joining the team in Avengers 2

15 Jul
SDCC was so amazing this year!! new Godzilla looks so amazing and the new armour for Iron Man III looks awesome!

6 Jun
Inside news: Sebastian Stan is talking with Marvel about Captain America 2......

6 Jun
Inside news: Marvel is looking for writers to pen a new Hulk film, they have a specific direction they want to gear the film in.

8 May
Earlier in the year, Clark Gregg said he was in talks to return in Iron Man 3 and was meeting with the then Thor 2 director Patty Jenkins.

8 May
Clark Gregg has a six film contract with Marvel Studios. But he's only been in four: Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, and The Avengers.

debunked: 5
unproven and uncorroborated: 18
unproven, but corroborated: 13
proven: 3

3 right out of 39 so far is not exactly a stellar record. Wouldn't you say?

Feel free to have faith in Oracle Wardell all you want. I'll wait to see if his batting average ever gets past the strikeout range. :oldrazz:

Expect a casting announcement very soon. (This one's so vague that it almost counts. "Very soon" could be a week from now, or a year from now. Doesn't mention which movie, of course.)
He posted this three days before the Cap2 casting announcements were made so put this in green.

Inside News: Remember that the Guardians of the Galaxy banner was only concept art, so that may not be the final roster of the team. (pretty sure Feige said it *was* the final roster. Anyhow, still unproven.)
He didn't. Not to mention the actual "roster" of the team doesn't mean that characters who were in other incarnations of the team won't appear outside of the core membership.

Everybody go back and really look at the Guardians of the Galaxy banner, I think you'll find something very intreging. (Could you be a little more vague, Roger...?)
He's obviously talking about the Nova ships if you didn't make that connection already, which matches rumors that Nova would appear in the movie.

I said don't expect him to only be in Avengers 2.(....who?)
He's talking about Thanos I don't know how you missed that especially when you have the original tweet they're talking about in your post. V
Inside News: Thanos will be the mastermind of Marvel's Phase II, so don't just expect to see him in The Avengers 2.

Inside News: Marvel will use S.H.I.E.L.D. to introduce new heroes and villains into the MCU.
This is pretty ****ing obvious either way so I don't know why you have it in red :/

19 Sep
Inside News: Elements of the delayed/postponed series Mockingbird will be incorporated into S.H.I.E.L.D.

18 Sep
Something that was very overlooked in The Avengers, but is still of great importance is that Tony Stark has access to Thor's DNA

15 Sep
Inside News: Marvel is hoping for SHIELD to kickstart the MCU in television form. Much like how Iron Man started the MCU in the first place.
**** like this can't be confirmed even when the movies come out/show airs without inside knowledge so why even put it here?

The numbers will lead you....9876541(....what?)
https://twitter.com/RogerWardell/status/244639389869805568

All you had to do was look at the tweet thread. It refers to Masters of Evil/Ultron.

Inside News: Every villain answers to somebody, even the Winter Soldier. Who better to answer to than a Baron?
You already put a tweet alluding to the exact same thing in yellow... >_>

Inside News: Pepper Potts's role in Iron Man 3 is gonna be full of suprises and unexpected turns. (sure; but intentionally vague here.)
Pretty sure he's referring to rescue armor which has been rumored to dead and all but confirmed...not to mention she looks captured in trailers.

2 Sep
Inside News: Aldrich Killian will be basically be an unwilling pawn of The Mandarin's.
This is pretty much confirmed...should be in yellow at the very least.

Inside News: Mandarin will be the main antagonist in Iron Man 3, not the behind the scenes villain we've previously been thought to believe.
Once again, pretty much confirmed, should be in yellow.

31 Jul
Inside News: Marvel is keen on Hugo Weaving returning as the Red Skull but a deal had yet to be made
This was never debunked...if anything he was right because Hugo has stated he would rather not reappear, which reenforces that no-deal thing. He doesn't necessarily have to be talking about Cap2 here.

Inside news: Marvel is looking for writers to pen a new Hulk film, they have a specific direction they want to gear the film in.
This hasn't been debunked at all and Feige has said Marvel wants to do another Hulk film after A2.

3 right out of 39 so far is not exactly a stellar record. Wouldn't you say?
Well ****ing duh half the stuff his rumors have to deal with aren't releasing for years. What has come to past has been pretty accurate though. And all your color tags were a ***** to get around...

He posted this three days before the Cap2 casting announcements were made so put this in green.

He didn't. Not to mention the actual "roster" of the team doesn't mean that characters who were in other incarnations of the team won't appear outside of the core membership.

He's obviously talking about the Nova ships if you didn't make that connection already, which matches rumors that Nova would appear in the movie.

He's talking about Thanos I don't know how you missed that especially when you have the original tweet they're talking about in your post. V

This is pretty ****ing obvious either way so I don't know why you have it in red :/

**** like this can't be confirmed even when the movies come out/show airs without inside knowledge so why even put it here?

https://twitter.com/RogerWardell/status/244639389869805568

All you had to do was look at the tweet thread. It refers to Masters of Evil/Ultron.

You already put a tweet alluding to the exact same thing in yellow... >_>

Pretty sure he's referring to rescue armor which has been rumored to dead and all but confirmed...not to mention she looks captured in trailers.

This is pretty much confirmed...should be in yellow at the very least.

Once again, pretty much confirmed, should be in yellow.

This was never debunked...if anything he was right because Hugo has stated he would rather not reappear, which reenforces that no-deal thing. He doesn't necessarily have to be talking about Cap2 here.

This hasn't been debunked at all and Feige has said Marvel wants to do another Hulk film after A2.

Well ****ing duh half the stuff his rumors have to deal with aren't releasing for years. What has come to past has been pretty accurate though. And all your color tags were a ***** to get around...

yah. as I said, until marvel says its untrue (which they have)

I am going to give it the enefit of the doubt. So lets just put this to rest :woot:

lol @ this Roger Wardell stuff, haha.

Please feel free to provide instances where Wardell ever scooped anybody about anything. The *only* few things he ever got right were items that had already been broken/scooped by other sources beforehand, or that were so vague that they could apply to anybody or anything at any time. ("Casting news soon...." About....something. Some time. No ****in' ****, Rog, ya don't say....?:doh:)

Have fun drinking the Roger Wardell Kool-Aid. I'm going to stick with more credible sources myself. :)

As for his MOE Tweet specifically: I humbly promise to change my avatar to an "I LOVE JUSTIN BIEBER" picture for a full month if that one turns out to be true. :fhm:

I'm having a hard time believing the Masters of Evil will be in Avengers 2 ...feel like all the characters wouldnt be devloped enough we don't even know if majority of the orginals will be featured in any of the phase two movies....would be same group from the comics or something new my theory of who would be in would be Thanos as master mind, Zemo, Crossbones..Loki, Echantress, Radioactive man ( if featured)..idk I feel like MoE will work but this film franchise is here for long run and there is no rush to be them in yet..maybe next year or when phase II gets under way, id really have an opinion change, at this time I can see it, just having a hard time beliving it.

Regards to Roger Wardell , he may or may no be as credible as we believe but hes does bring a lot of great topics to disscuss while we wait for more information about all these marvel movies that are in the process of being made.

The Masters of Evil would work best as a grand finale, when all of their surviving villains come back to fight. But again, not yet. Avengers 2 has to be Thanos' movie.

The Masters of Evil would work best as a grand finale, when all of their surviving villains come back to fight. But again, not yet. Avengers 2 has to be Thanos' movie.

It would seem much more logical to use them in the film after this..I dont know much about them but they seem to be on as big or bigger scale as the alien invasion in the first film...Thanos seems more suitable for a smaller conflict..compared to the master of evil ...also he seems to be have unfinished bussiness with what happen with the first film

It would seem much more logical to use them in the film after this..I dont know much about them but they seem to be on as big or bigger scale as the alien invasion in the first film...Thanos seems more suitable for a smaller conflict..compared to the master of evil ...also he seems to be have unfinished bussiness with what happen with the first film

oh you guys

I guess we'll find out if Roger Wardell is for real when Stephanie Szostak's role is revealed. If it's nothing exciting, we can discount him forever. If it ends up being some big substantial character then not so fast.

Stephanie Szostak will wind up playing Squirrel Girl. :o

Okay. Didn't realize this thread existed. But if there were ever a MoE or, as many have deemed a fitting title "Masters," in the MCU, these are the ones I'd choose.

Baron Zemo
Radioactive Man (probably just called "Doctor" or "Dr. Lu/Wu")
Enchantress (only ever called Amora)
Executioner

And their goal would be to use Ultron tech to roundly destroy The Avengers. So the first half of the movie shows those 4 using misdirection and cutthroat tactics to hijack and unleash Ultron. Using Lu/Wu's knowledge of A.I. and Amora's access to the Infinity Gem of Power. Midway through the film, Ultron causes devastation on both sides. Usurping and potentially killing Zemo, breaking Henry Pym's heart, spirit and potentially mental state and leading the Masters in a final confrontation against The Avengers.

Gives all of The Avengers reason (once again and without the coercion of SHIELD) to gather and respond to a threat believably dangerous enough to require a full team of superheroes.

Ultron
Vision
(Baron Zemo?)
Radioactive Man
Enchantress
Executioner

vs.

Captain America
Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Hawkeye
Ant-Man? (depending on mental state)
Wasp
Falcon

Black Widow is not called in, due to her lack of appropriate skill set. This is a personal opinion of course.

WHAT!? Sorry but how on earth is Black Widow less appropriate than HAWKEYE (Who she beat with ease), FALCON and ANT-MAN!? I whole heartedly disagree sorry.

Okay. Didn't realize this thread existed. But if there were ever a MoE or, as many have deemed a fitting title "Masters," in the MCU, these are the ones I'd choose.

Baron Zemo
Radioactive Man (probably just called "Doctor" or "Dr. Lu/Wu")
Enchantress (only ever called Amora)
Executioner

And their goal would be to use Ultron tech to roundly destroy The Avengers. So the first half of the movie shows those 4 using misdirection and cutthroat tactics to hijack and unleash Ultron. Using Lu/Wu's knowledge of A.I. and Amora's access to the Infinity Gem of Power. Midway through the film, Ultron causes devastation on both sides. Usurping and potentially killing Zemo, breaking Henry Pym's heart, spirit and potentially mental state and leading the Masters in a final confrontation against The Avengers.

Gives all of The Avengers reason (once again and without the coercion of SHIELD) to gather and respond to a threat believably dangerous enough to require a full team of superheroes.

Ultron
Vision
(Baron Zemo?)
Radioactive Man
Enchantress
Executioner

vs.

Captain America
Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Hawkeye
Ant-Man? (depending on mental state)
Wasp
Falcon

Black Widow is not called in, due to her lack of appropriate skill set. This is a personal opinion of course.

that's what I would almost think. but where does thanos factor in

WHAT!? Sorry but how on earth is Black Widow less appropriate than HAWKEYE (Who she beat with ease), FALCON and ANT-MAN!? I whole heartedly disagree sorry.

She beat Hawkeye in close quarters combat. You can't seriously be arguing that she isn't the weakest current Avenger.

that's what I would almost think. but where does thanos factor in

Good question. If they go the infinity gem route he's looking for the Power Gem. If not, maybe he introduces them all. lol. gah that just sounds corny. My mind is always set in comic book mode. Doesn't always translate properly.

She beat Hawkeye in close quarters combat. You can't seriously be arguing that she isn't the weakest current Avenger.

I am 100% saying that. If she can take down Loki's minions, then what is saying she can't take down Iron Man? Also Hawkeye is so far behind in terms of fighting combat she would probably kill him before he could even take a second breath. I wont go on but you get the picture.

I am 100% saying that. If she can take down Loki's minions, then what is saying she can't take down Iron Man? Also Hawkeye is so far behind in terms of fighting combat she would probably kill him before he could even take a second breath. I wont go on but you get the picture.

...you can't be serious. Black Widow cannot take down ironman.

What the hell is going on in this thread?

That is my new catchphrase, by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"