Fantastic Villains: A Lesson in the History of the F4 Villains

Kelly

#RESIST
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been on this forum now for a year and a half, and I've learned so much about the regulars here and the Fantastic Family that they've loved for over 4 decades now. I've also seen over the past few months since we found out that there would indeed be an F4 sequel alot of speculation over who the villain or villains would be....so I did alittle research and here is what I came up with...now when making a choice of who you would like to see as the villain for the F4 sequel your choice can be an educated one. I hope you enjoy....if your favorite is not on here....HANG ON.....I ONLY HAVE 2 HANDS AND DO NOT POSSES ANY SUPER POWERS....well maybe one.....I am a teacher ya know....

I love this quote from Tom DeFalco.."I have always believed that the golden age of comics is the age you were when you first started reading." So true....Because this is "my" Golden Age....ENJOY!

Lets begin with those villains that have seen the most speculation around here as of late....

Skrulls
Skrulls come from outer space and secretly live among humans. This group are an alien race of shape-changers that can instantly assume the appearance of humans, animals pretty much anything you can imagine. One of the problems with the skrull is the fact that even after knocking them out they can retain the appearance of whoever they have chosen. The Skrulls have conquered 100s of worlds by simply posing as the natives of a planet and taking it over.

The Skrulls had spied on the Earth for 100's of years, but had no interest until the Fantastic Four came along. They realized that humans could one day evolve into a very powerful space-fairing race and pose a threat to them. The Skrulls decided to pose as the new super-team and turn the Earth against them. In the end the F4 soon turned the tables on these shape-shifting aliens.

SUPER-SKRULL
The Skrull Emperor more determined than ever to defeat Earth selected his greatest warrior and created him so that he possesed all of the powers of the Fantastic Four. The Super-Skrull challenged the F4 to a death-dual but as soon defeated and imprisoned. Later he escaped and disguised himself as the villain Invincible Man, kidnapped Sue and Johnny's father. The F4 defeated the Super-Skrull but could not save Dr. Franklin Storm.

There are over 30 billion....yes thats right....30 billion Skrulls in the universe...they are ruled by one single Emperor or Empress. Their entire economy is built on military, and they have waged a series of wars for more than a million years with another alien race called the Kree.

Here is a recent group of pics from the comics. This is from the arc "Fantastic Foes" I cracked up when reading this....

sueskrull13as.jpg

sueskrull24ll.jpg

sueskrull36tf.jpg

Next on the agenda....
Puppet Master

Philip Masters was born in the Balkans (another home of a very famous F4 villain I believe...) He moved to the U.S. when he was 8. A shy and lonely child, he spent most of his time carving wooden marionettes and sculpting figures out of clay. He studied Biology in college, and become partners with his friend Jacob Reiss in a small research firm. Their company studied special radioactive clay that Masters had discovered back in his homeland. Reiss was married and had a younger daughter named "Alicia". Over time Masters became insanely jealous of his partner and decided to steal the clay and keep it all for himself. He planted a bomb in the building to destroy their business, but accidentally killed Reiss and blinded his daughter. Overcome with enormous guilt, Masters married his partner's widow and adopted Alicia.

Masters discovered that this clay had special power. If he made life-like puppets of eople, he could mentally force that person to do his bidding. Just a few of his victims was a man that he commanded to commit suicide by leaping off a bridge, the Human Torch rescued the man. Furious at this interference he carved a puppet of the Thing and turned him against his teammates. Mr. Fantastic freed the Thing from the Puppet Masters grip by turning thing back into human form, and the team then managed to defeat the Puppet Master.

The Puppet Master soon decided that it was his destiny to rule the world. He wanted to force all of the government leaders into merging their lands into a single-kingdom that he would control. He has used the F4 against each other as well as other villains such as the Sub-Mariner and the Mad Thinker.

This is from a recent Marvel Knights F4 issue...The story begins as people off the street are disappearing...The Puppet Master has been looking for eyes to transplant in order for Alicia to see again. The eyes however, are not strong enough to withstand the transplant for very long. The Puppet Master decides then his next victim will be Sue knowing that her eyes will be strong enough to withstand the transplant and his Alicia will be able to see....unfortunately Sue will not lose just her eyes.....but her life...."Eyes Without A Face"

suepm13zv.jpg

suepm23oo.jpg

suepm3a1ju.jpg

suepm34nx.jpg

More to come later: Stay tuned for Molecule Man and the Frightful Four

Darth Elektra said:
Sounds like they should stick with Doom in the secont movie.

Well unless they are planning on getting someone other than Julian for Doom he won't be a primary villain so we need to start looking elsewhere because they are as well......i think they could do alot w/ the puppet master if the casting and writing are right....i choose to look w/ the "glass half full" and see what happens....

I just dont think those characters will be easily able to be transport them from the comics to the big screen.

Darth Elektra said:
I just dont think those characters will be easily able to be transport them from the comics to the big screen.

Who do you think could....besides Doom?

The Skrull and Super Skrull would be very interesting. Also they would allow the actors to play good and evil. It sounds like it would be a real challenge to pull this off. I don't think they current production team has that capability. You would need this film to be on the blockbuster scale with a huge budget and a director such as Cameron, Raimi or maybe Singer. Just don't see it happening. My personal choice would be the Sub-Mariner, but someone said Fox does not have rights to this character. It would cost a fortune to secure the rights, and I doubt they would co-produce with another studio.

TheDarkestAngel said:
The Skrull and Super Skrull would be very interesting. Also they would allow the actors to play good and evil. It sounds like it would be a real challenge to pull this off. I don't think they current production team has that capability. You would need this film to be on the blockbuster scale with a huge budget and a director such as Cameron, Raimi or maybe Singer. Just don't see it happening. My personal choice would be the Sub-Mariner, but someone said Fox does not have rights to this character. It would cost a fortune to secure the rights, and I doubt they would co-produce with another studio.

Yes unfortunately, i believe Universal owns the rights to Namor...

I'm enjoying your villainous profiles, Kel...please continue.

JMAfan said:
Who do you think could....besides Doom?

I am a new fan of the FF so im trying to get my hands on all the comics i can, I just think it would be hard to put those charecters in a movie.

Thanks Kel for the villain profiles so far!! Looking forward to reading more when you can get around to it!

Out of these two choices, I do rather like the sound of the Skrulls!!! The possibilities are endless with villains like these!! :up: (I was hoping to be able to click on the comic page pics though and read the dialogue, but when I click on a pic, I just get taken to imageshack and there's no enlarged pic there. Is there something I'm supposed to click on to see a bigger pic at all?)

Kathy :)

JMAfan said:
I've been on this forum now for a year and a half, and I've learned so much about the regulars here and the Fantastic Family that they've loved for over 4 decades now. I've also seen over the past few months since we found out that there would indeed be an F4 sequel alot of speculation over who the villain or villains would be....so I did alittle research and here is what I came up with...now when making a choice of who you would like to see as the villain for the F4 sequel your choice can be an educated one. I hope you enjoy....if your favorite is not on here....HANG ON.....I ONLY HAVE 2 HANDS AND DO NOT POSSES ANY SUPER POWERS....well maybe one.....I am a teacher ya know....

I love this quote from Tom DeFalco.."I have always believed that the golden age of comics is the age you were when you first started reading." So true....Because this is "my" Golden Age....ENJOY!

Lets begin with those villains that have seen the most speculation around here as of late....

Skrulls
Skrulls come from outer space and secretly live among humans. This group are an alien race of shape-changers that can instantly assume the appearance of humans, animals pretty much anything you can imagine. One of the problems with the skrull is the fact that even after knocking them out they can retain the appearance of whoever they have chosen. The Skrulls have conquered 100s of worlds by simply posing as the natives of a planet and taking it over.

The Skrulls had spied on the Earth for 100's of years, but had no interest until the Fantastic Four came along. They realized that humans could one day evolve into a very powerful space-fairing race and pose a threat to them. The Skrulls decided to pose as the new super-team and turn the Earth against them. In the end the F4 soon turned the tables on these shape-shifting aliens.

SUPER-SKRULL
The Skrull Emperor more determined than ever to defeat Earth selected his greatest warrior and created him so that he possesed all of the powers of the Fantastic Four. The Super-Skrull challenged the F4 to a death-dual but as soon defeated and imprisoned. Later he escaped and disguised himself as the villain Invincible Man, kidnapped Sue and Johnny's father. The F4 defeated the Super-Skrull but could not save Dr. Franklin Storm.

There are over 30 billion....yes thats right....30 billion Skrulls in the universe...they are ruled by one single Emperor or Empress. Their entire economy is built on military, and they have waged a series of wars for more than a million years with another alien race called the Kree.

Here is a recent group of pics from the comics. This is from the arc "Fantastic Foes" I cracked up when reading this....

i cant make out the dialog and when i click to enlarge the pica all i get is an ad page what does the dialog say?

3dman27 said:
i cant make out the dialog and when i click to enlarge the pica all i get is an ad page what does the dialog say?

i'll work on that today when i get a chance....normally imageshack will enlarge when you click on it....for some reason its not....but i'll fix it.

Fixed...

Molecule Man

Owen Reece was once a small timid young man who worked in a nuclear plant as a laboratory technician. He wasn't happy with his job long hours and low pay, and he grew careless one day. That day he was accidentally exposed to an unknown form of radiation. He soon realized he had the power to control matter. He could make mountains lighter than air, turn iron into gold, or transform blocks of ice into army tanks...

The Molecule Man posed an enormous threat to the entire plane of reality that Uatu the Watcher violaed his oath to stay out of the affairs of other races and sent the Fantastic Four after Owen. They captured Owen but he later escaped and returned to Earth to battle both the F4 and the Avengers. Realizing he didn't want to be a Super Villain, Owen agreed to see a therapist and gradually stopped trying to conquer the Earth.

Diablo

Diablo is the world's greatest master of ancient science of alchemy, an early form of chemistry that sought to transform base metals into gold. He was born into a rich Spanish nobleman's family in the early 9th century. Esteban Diablo believed that he could use alchemy to rule humanity, and he traveled the world to study it. As his mastery of alchemy grew so did his personal power. Diablo discovered an elixir that could slow aging to the point that he became temporarily immortal. He later acquired a castle in Transylvania where he set up a laboratory.

Diablo possesses an enormous collection of potions that seem almost magical in nature. They include pellets full of nerve gas, medicines that cause people to experience wild hallucinations, a potion that automatically reduces body temperature to freeze them in place.

While on vacation in Transylvania, the Fantastic Four stumbled upon the abandoned castle of Diablo. Ben accidentally set Diablo free.

Diablo once battled Doctor Doom and was exiled into an alternate dimension.

His most recent exploits are found in issues 524, 525, and 526...heres a sample...

diablo18ik.jpg

diablo20pc.jpg

diablo36ag.jpg

diablo45ow.jpg

Diablo would be interesting to see. I thought he was the funnest baddie to go at in the FF game besides doom.

Coming soon Moleman, and my favorites the Frightful Four...

Don't forget Annihilus, Mad Thinker, and Galactus! (The big G was actually mentioned by Tim Story as a possible sequel).

CaptainStacy said:
Don't forget Annihilus, Mad Thinker, and Galactus! (The big G was actually mentioned by Tim Story as a possible sequel).

Those are coming as well....but my thought is they would need much more time for shooting than we have for the 2nd movie if they were to use Galactus...but of course he is on the list as well Annihilus....i can't remember who it was but it was either Mad Thinker or Psychoman who Sue tangled with not long ago and showed some of her mind game powers that she now has....can't remember which villain it was though....i'll have to go back and check....

we must have patience...LOL....:)

CaptainStacy said:

Those are coming as well....but my thought is they would need much more time for shooting than we have for the 2nd movie if they were to use Galactus...but of course he is on the list as well Annihilus....i can't remember who it was but it was either Mad Thinker or Psychoman who Sue tangled with not long ago and showed some of her mind game powers that she now has....can't remember which villain it was though....i'll have to go back and check....

JMAfan said:

Hi JMAfan, if you're referring to an earlier MK4 arc, I believe it was the Psychoman that Sue confronted.

invisibeav said:
Hi JMAfan, if you're referring to an earlier MK4 arc, I believe it was the Psychoman that Sue confronted.

Yep that would be the one...the one where Alicia is used as bait....they dress her up to look like Sue so Psychoman follows her and that allows Sue to get to him without him knowing it.....pretty cool story....

invisibeav said:

Yep that would be the one...the one where Alicia is used as bait....they dress her up to look like Sue so Psychoman follows her and that allows Sue to get to him without him knowing it.....pretty cool story....

Yet agian,one of the greatest theads,JMAFan. Just read a comic book with Galactus in it and personally think he's the coolest so far.

Darth Elektra said:
Yet agian,one of the greatest theads,JMAFan. Just read a comic book with Galactus in it and personally think he's the coolest so far.

Ahhhh thanks, DE....well hang on i'll be profiling Galactus tomorrow hopefully if i get some time....i meant to do a couple today....but had a hard time getting enough minutes together at one sitting...LOL

Galactus.

gtd2-6.jpg

I like my idea I had a long while back to tie-in the "miscalculation" Reed made with the cosmic storm. Galactus should be the one who accelerated the cosmic storm to the ship. And this could also setup a Silver Surfer spinoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"