The prequels or Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?

I don't find it offensive at all, it's mostly true in fact. And i'm somebody who became a Star Wars fan due to Episode III

Yeah that dude didn't do anything wrong. Harsh justice! Anyhoo...

Read the 3 categories of people who like the PT again and tell me that's not insulting. And then read some of his other posts in this subforum. The guy couldn't accept some people have valid reasons for liking the PT.

As Jack Nicholson put it:
hqdefault.jpg

What I find sad about the prequel films is that there was actually some good stuff in there.

I was very unhappy with the end result, but there are things that could have really worked. I liked a lot of the designs (the Naboo designs particularly), Coruscant looked great, there were times where it captured a certain ambitiousness / grandness that I have to appreciate.

I don't really know what happened with those movies.

With Indiana Jones, I got the sense that it was a rather half-hearted effort by most people involved. Looking at some of the stuff the people behind it have said, Spielberg was particularly reluctant to even do the movie. And it shows.

If certain people don't go into the mold he stated then they should say it, otherwise he's not really insulting anyone

If certain people don't go into the mold he stated then they should say it, otherwise he's not really insulting anyone

You'll come to see C.Lee sympathizes with fans of said films, not to mention has been looking for an excuse to ban him for sometime. When he uses the phrase "You've been warned" he means he sent one warning for a post which the user then issued an apology for. He also likes to use a tactic often taught in college speaking classes known as ambush listening, where he singles out a piece of what someone says and ignores their intended as a whole. If I had to guess it was this tactic that he will use to justify his ban (ie. singling out where he listed the people who like the prequels- responding with pages of out of context quotes from the past and entirely ignoring the part where he admitted they're not horrible but flawed.)

The only thing that I'm not understanding is why is it not okay for someone to say what he just said, but it's okay for the fans of the prequels to say ("The only people who hate the prequels grew up with the originals and refuse to see what they like is flawed" or "The only people who hate the prequels are overly vocal Star Wars obsessed nerds, while the causal viewer enjoys them"). I'm going to let what I just pointed out speak for itself and be on my way. I am great a few other users have made the same observations I made myself over a year ago.

What I find sad about the prequel films is that there was actually some good stuff in there.

I was very unhappy with the end result, but there are things that could have really worked. I liked a lot of the designs (the Naboo designs particularly), Coruscant looked great, there were times where it captured a certain ambitiousness / grandness that I have to appreciate.

I don't really know what happened with those movies.

With Indiana Jones, I got the sense that it was a rather half-hearted effort by most people involved. Looking at some of the stuff the people behind it have said, Spielberg was particularly reluctant to even do the movie. And it shows.

Indy actually went through an extensive development over the span of nearly 20 years. The end result really doesn't reflect that but they did put in an effort. The prequels had some great ideas, they just weren't executed properly because Lucas didn't allow anyone else in. Darth Maul, the idea of Dooku and the Seperatists as a precursor to the Rebellion, the Darth Plagueis story told by Palpatine, Qui-Gon, there were ton's of great ideas which is why many find them so frustrating.

You'll come to see C.Lee sympathizes with fans of said films, not to mention has been looking for an excuse to ban him for sometime. When he uses the phrase "You've been warned" he means he sent one warning for a post which the user then issued an apology for. He also likes to use a tactic often taught in college speaking classes known as ambush listening, where he singles out a piece of what someone says and ignores their intended as a whole. If I had to guess it was this tactic that he will use to justify his ban (ie. singling out where he listed the people who like the prequels- responding with pages of out of context quotes from the past and entirely ignoring the part where he admitted they're not horrible but flawed.)

The only thing that I'm not understanding is why is it not okay for someone to say what he just said, but it's okay for the fans of the prequels to say ("The only people who hate the prequels grew up with the originals and refuse to see what they like is flawed" or "The only people who hate the prequels are overly vocal Star Wars obsessed nerds, while the causal viewer enjoys them"). I'm going to let what I just pointed out speak for itself and be on my way. I am great a few other users have made the same observations I made myself over a year ago.
Oh....hi there BenKenobi....oops I mean MaryJaneOrDie....oops I mean SpectacularSpdy....oops I mean LegendAssemble.......buh buy there BenKenobi, MaryJaneorDie, SpectacularSpdy, LegendAssemble......

And just for the people who don't know me....I don't "sympathize" with any side....I just don't put up with the people who think it is OK to insult people who don't share their opinion.

Thing is, he's not saying "If you're A, B or C you like the Prequels", he's saying "If you like the Prequels, you're either A, B or C". Big difference, and I hope you can see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"