The Raid 2: Berandal

Man, I forgot to say how much I loved this movie. A solid 8.5 for me.

Watching this baby on blu ray as I type this. :) :) :)

Last edited:
Iko Uwais and Julie Estelle on fight choreography

Pretty old video but it's still pretty interesting. I hope the 3rd film can go into Hammer Girl and Bat Boy's past.

Generic story, not enough hand to hand combat for me (which is what I liked about the first). Pretty disappointed, but I can see why people love it.

I love both films so damn much but definitely enjoy this one even more than the first one

FInally got to see this.
I think this was very good. I still think that the first movie was better because the story was tighter and the pacing was better. Berendal couldve edited some stuff out or used screentime for other purposes. Also was really disappointed that [BLACKOUT]Rama's brother Andi was killed so early[/BLACKOUT]

Still enjoyed the hell out of this. Like how they matured the story into a more traditional crime film, but with martial arts. Glad I picked up the blu ray. 7.5/10.

Any news on the third?

Last edited:
I also loved The Raid 1 better than part 2 due to its tighter focus, pacing, and story. Part 2 has better action scenes and a more epic/ ambitious feel, but it is more unfocused and dragging in some parts.

The Raid 1: 9/10
The Raid 2: 8/10

Yeah, I agree with that. They're both stellar films, but the first one, in terms of pacing, story and realism (give or take) edges the sequel out just a bit.

I much prefer the 2nd one over the first because of the ambition and the world building. But that's pretty much putting one hot chick over another hot chick. Both films are ****ing amazing

I much prefer the 2nd one over the first because of the ambition and the world building. But that's pretty much putting one hot chick over another hot chick. Both films are ****ing amazing

I'm with you. The second one brought tears of joy to my eyes! That ending was especially beautiful because you don't know what the heck is gonna happen. Can't wait until this third one hits!

That maybe the most incredibly awesome and accurate way to describe The Raid and The Raid 2 that I have ever scene. So right!

Just watched it again. Same rating, but I know for sure now that they shouldve cut or edited Yayan Ruhian's parts/roles. They were cool scenes and I wouldnt want to see them go, but I think the movie wouldve flowed better with alterations to that part.

Also for sure the car chase is one of my top 5 of all time

Just watched it again. Same rating, but I know for sure now that they shouldve cut or edited Yayan Ruhian's parts/roles. They were cool scenes and I wouldnt want to see them go, but I think the movie wouldve flowed better with alterations to that part.

Also for sure the car chase is one of my top 5 of all time

Yeah. He's awesome and his character is kinda sympathetic but he's also a bit unnecessary.

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/96429401634/the-raid-2-berandal-hammer-girl-kane52630-gifs

PRI7LJ5.gif
jd4fvqr.gif

iGcVzI6.gif
c6qjpjY.gif

T6r0rgE.gif
zGAuWM4.gif

Such beautiful dancing.

I just saw this based on some word of mouth and wow was it worth it. I give it 10/10 best kung fu flick I've seen in a long time.

Last edited:
I loved the first one but I was really lukewarm to the sequel. For an action movie crime thriller, the story was REALLY hard to follow for me due to how convoluted it was. The action was decent but it started to feel like overkill to me after about the 50th fight scene and how it was just one after the other in the last hour. It might be one of those 'too much of a good thing' issues but the movie was exhausting in a bad way

Yeah, the fight scenes are beautiful, but what I love most about this movie is the story. I can't wait until the third one comes out. Sure to be one of the best trilogies of all time, in my book.

The ending of this one brought tears to my eyes, just the way it ended, in kind of silence and then one word.

Prefered the first one. But quite frankly, some 80s Hong Kong movies are superior to both of these movies.

The director released 5 deleted scenes, wow

[YT]jA9fk9Ca9R8[/YT]

[YT]-65CfQUX9Ng[/YT]

[YT]T3Gda0vm55M[/YT]

[YT]75ODhwcN7kE[/YT]

[YT]eyG9UXfRjMI[/YT]

The director released 5 deleted scenes, wow

[YT]jA9fk9Ca9R8[/YT]

[YT]-65CfQUX9Ng[/YT]

[YT]T3Gda0vm55M[/YT]

[YT]75ODhwcN7kE[/YT]

[YT]eyG9UXfRjMI[/YT]