The recent He-man cartoon...

yep he-man was ace,i liked how stratos sounded like sean connery too...master stroke that one!!

I hope they do get on with a new he-man movie..the first one wasnt very good..and you never saw prince adam in it too..

if they made a movie like the new cartoon it'd be brilliant.

I too was hoping to see hordak in the series..and maybe even she-ra too..but again..it was too good to watch so they pulled it for some power ranger style crap.

I'm still pissed that they canceld Samurai Jack without giving it a proper ending.

OH YEAH! Man does that piss me off! :mad: Maybe we'll get one on the DVDs. Like how the Clerks cartoon DVD had 4 extra episodes that weren't aired.

I don't even think they're gonna bother bringing out season three of the SJ DVDs either. Season two was out like what? Last year? Two years ago? lazy bastards.

What about Orko, did you guys still hate Orko this time around?

I've never had an extreem opinion of the character on one side or the other. He's always been just.....there. To tell you the truth I forgot he even exsisted until you mentioned him.

Union Jack said:
cos cartoon network are a set of idiots..no more justice league,no more he-man.."i know let put loads of japanese crap on..its cheap and the gullible idiots out there will lap it up!"

morons.

That has nothing to dow ith CN and everything to do with the makers of that show just wanting to move on.

CN rules, where else can you watch reruns of Futurama and so many other classic toons. Point the finger and Timm and company, they are really to blame.

I didn't want to like this show. I didn't think that He-Man could be redone successfully. But after watching it, I must admit that it was a worthy successor of the original. It's a shame that this show got cancelled. Especially with all these sucky new Transformer cartoons popping out, not to mention the terrible new Cartoon Network cartoons.

LondDong said:
That has nothing to dow ith CN and everything to do with the makers of that show just wanting to move on.

CN rules, where else can you watch reruns of Futurama and so many other classic toons. Point the finger and Timm and company, they are really to blame.

rickjames4tn1fp.jpg

LongDong said:

There are no classic cartoons anymore on CN only boomerrang.

^Truth.

LondDong is dead wrong.

So did this version ever get a release or not?

Because I saw a "Sherah" box set at Wal-Mart yesterday and that is f'ing ridiculous!

Warhammer said:
^Truth.

LondDong is dead wrong.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Timm and company decided to stop making the show, it had NOTHING to do with the Network. Common sense would tell you that much, why would one of their highest rated shows be cancelled by them? Makes no sense. Duh

here is a quote from Bruce Timm on the subject

From Bruce Timm
Allow me to explain, lest you judge me a traitor and stop reading. In your opinion, which would be better: for the DCAU to end its run at the top of its' game, or peter out in mediocrity a few seasons from now? Think about it—the critical acclaim about how good Unlimited is rivals the acclaim that the original Batman: the Animated Series received. Wizard Magazine recently declared that Unlimited was the best animated show on the air, and it seems you can't swing an Nth metal mace without hitting an article that just gushes with praise for the show. With a run that spans fourteen years, three networks, 384 episodes (including Static Shock and The Zeta Project), 5 movies, 1 animated short, 30 web-exclusive cartoons, and roughly twenty minutes of animation for a Sega videogame; maybe it is time to close the book. After all, how do we want to remember the DCAU? Do we want to look back and think, "Wow, they were really at the top of their game!" or, "Damn, they should have quit two seasons ago while they were ahead!"? Actually, I can think of a few posters on Toon Zone who would have been happy to just let "Epilogue" be the final word on the DCAU.

Another one "The production crew of Justice League Unlimited was even getting worn out, and producer Bruce Timm commented on this topic in this forum ("Honestly, I'm almost relieved JLU is over (for the moment anyway). It was frankly an EXHAUSTING show to do, hard to write, extremely labor-intensive to produce, this season and the last especially..."). "

Before you start spouting your opinions and attacking others for being "wrong" you should do a bit of research. You will look less imbecilic in the end.

^^...(FromLongDong(Timm)), No list should include "Static Shock" & "The Zeta Project"!

Well Zeta only had like what? 2/3 cross-over eps? So you can't really count it.

I agree with Timm somewhat, I was happy with Epilogue(I consider it to be the best DCAU ep. ever) being the "final word" and I was happy with them getting one more season to give us Darkseid one final time(even if it wasn't on scale with Starcrossed). It was a great show but eventually it had to end.

I mean c'mon season 5 was pretty much a homage to everything that happened in the DCAU, we pretty much got to see everything again(with the exception of a couple of things), we even got two marvel-like sequences at the end of the show, and the perfect send off. Isn't that enough?

Well that's my small rant on JLU I'll do SJ and HM later :p

Fun fact - the 2002 Prince Adam/He-Man was voiced by Cam Clarke, who, back in 1987, gave us the voice of Leonardo on the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TV series. Funny how you never know where life can take a man, eh? Meanwhile, Gary "Optimus Primal" Chalk, who did the voice of Man-At-Arms in the 2002 series, was the voice of He-Man in the crappy "New Adventures of He-Man" from 1989.

The only thing I disliked about 2002 He-Man was that they used the nasal voice for Skeletor. It made him too comical. They should have gone with the raspy baritone like Frank Langella did in the movie from 1987. But I liked the rest of the show as a whole. I'll never forgive CN for cancelling it before they could finish their storylines.

Frank Langella really was perfect as Skeletor and Bryan Singer agrees with me.

I really want a DVD set of this entire series. It's a criminally underrated show. And I'll say it's the best Masters Of The Universe series ever.

All these cartoons getting remade these days, and the new MOTU did a good job of it.

And all this really happened because 4 Horsemen and Mattel were revamping and resurrecting the action figure line, so the series was a result of that. Just like the first time around.

you mean creating the series or cancelling it?:bat:

I loved the New He-Man series, the animation was fantastic, they updated all the heros and villians, the villians weren't a bunch of idiots, they could hold there own againts the hero's, I was very disappointed the series was cancelled, I had tapped the entire 1st season, wasn't so big on the second season, but still enjoyed the series as a whole.

Nah, the show sucked. The voices were lame, and the animation was choppy and cheap. The only good thing about it was Teela. The show had potential but quickly became repititious and childish.

Dr. Fate said:
Fun fact - the 2002 Prince Adam/He-Man was voiced by Cam Clarke, who, back in 1987, gave us the voice of Leonardo on the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TV series. Funny how you never know where life can take a man, eh? Meanwhile, Gary "Optimus Primal" Chalk, who did the voice of Man-At-Arms in the 2002 series, was the voice of He-Man in the crappy "New Adventures of He-Man" from 1989.

The only thing I disliked about 2002 He-Man was that they used the nasal voice for Skeletor. It made him too comical. They should have gone with the raspy baritone like Frank Langella did in the movie from 1987. But I liked the rest of the show as a whole. I'll never forgive CN for cancelling it before they could finish their storylines.

I think every bit of that show was PERFECT! It was larger than life even for a cartoon! I do remember recognizing those V.O.'s from their original roles...."hey, if I'm doin' a cartoon, I'd want nothing but the best involved too!"

If bringing the show back meant buying the toys, then I'd have to say I'd go out right now (during my lunch break) and buy every one of them!

Union Jack said:
yep he-man was ace,i liked how stratos sounded like sean connery too...master stroke that one!!

yes it was:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"