The recent He-man cartoon...

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Union Jack, Mar 30, 2006.

1. ObakeTora vThe "real" Ghost-Tiger!v

I have never agreed with anything more then how I agree with this thread. You know growing up in the 80`s I was more into Voltron, Mighty Orbots and Robotech, I never w\once purchased a He-man toy, because I thought it was too gay. The second incarnation of He man only piqued my interest mildly, but after this version of He-man, every episode I couldnt stop saying damn. Yea, Cartoon Network has to stop trading their values for crack, He-man was an excellent show, I only pray my beloved Thundercats get the same treatment the next go around.

2. 3dman27 super-hero wannabe

true:ninja:

3. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

I thought this was a very good revival show, and still a bit disappointed it was cancelled prematurely.

I belive Vile mentioned Four Horsemen, here's some sculpts for new figures and busts based on the original series' designs, as well as some updated designs (He-Man, Grizzlor, and on their homepage Roboto): http://thesculptorscorner.com/Four_Horsemen.htm

Their homepage with even more links to photographs:
    http://www.fourhorsemen.biz/gallery/motu/index.htm

Would have killed for Skeletor, Hordak, Trap-Jaw, Ram-Man, Clawster, Snout Spout, Stinkor and Too Bad.

Now, if they only made a sculpt for Mosquitor and I'd be set.

4. Prognosticator Registered

Wikipedia says under the "Masters of the Universe" section that the idea was in place to incorporate "She-Ra" into the third season of the He-Man update :( !!! :angry: I really would have liked to see their revision of that story included.

5. 3dman27 super-hero wannabe

as would i:ninja:

6. Dr. Fate Registered

Seeing She-Ra in the new series would have rocked. Damn you CW!

7. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Such a shame the series wasnt allowed to continue, as a fan of the original as a kid in the 80's, I watched the new cartoon with great interest and enjoyed it immensly. I was suprised how much depth and fleshing out of the characters had been undertaken.

I saw most of the 2 season's, but unfortunatly missed a few of 'em -Did Fakor ever make an appearance? Anyone?

I can only hope someone wises up and gives the go-ahead for another season - the above post about introducing She-ra does intrigue me. The whole Snake-Men storyline was interesting but I'd look forward to seeing more Hordak if only for the the hope that He-Man goes back to his original costume (don't mess with a classic - really wasnt a fan of his 2nd season snake armor thingy!).

I also hope that if anyone decided to update any other of my favorite cartoons from my childhood (Thundercats, Centaurions, Visionaries, Bionic Six, Pole Position etc), they look at the example of MofU (i.e, keep it faithful to the original - don't change it so much it's unrecognisable from it's source).

Here's hoping.

8. Substance D Registered

well, i hope you die.

9. Prognosticator Registered

We GOTTA get the word back out! Get these eps on DVD!!! Get the word rolling...get CN to start the show up again! Get the third season rolling and go out on a high note1!! What are we waiting for guys?!?!?!

.... :dry: :( :(

10. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

I was also hoping you wouldnt be such a prick, but no luck with that one.

Seriously, what did I do to deserve that?

11. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Edit:- My comments are directed to Substance D.

12. 3dman27 super-hero wannabe

how do we go about doing that?:ninja:

13. Prognosticator Registered

If you were refering to what I said, it wasn't against anything anyone in particular said.

I was being both serious and joking.

I mean, the geek in me would TOTALLY rally to put this masterpiece in motion, but the sarcasm in me knows it'll NEVER happen with CartoonNetwork because they're a bunch of cheap hacks!

14. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

>sigh<

take a look a couple of posts up - you'll see I was responding to Substance D for his uncalled for comment.

I made an edit post pointing out as much to avoid you thinking I was having a go at you.

15. Prognosticator Registered

^ No worries...except that we may never see a resolution to this incarnation of MOTU:(

16. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

I know my friend - the fools - don't they realise we hunger for MOTU closure??!!!

I wonder if their attitude would change, should a new live action film materialise on the horizion?

17. Prognosticator Registered

i wonder if they even finished making the 13 episode season 2 arc about the snakemen b/c i KNOW they quit airing it after 6 or 7 episodes :( :cmad: :ninja:

18. LongDong Registered

There is no reason to say that to someone.

19. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

That I woulnt know as I did miss a few of 'em (the shedule for airing in the U.K. was forever being changed!!)..............

I just know that I wanna see all of 'em, dammit.

20. Prognosticator Registered

21. Prognosticator Registered

...so they made 39 episodes?!? That's WAY more than I remember!

"GIVE US THE DVD SET OH GREAT HORDAK!"

22. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

#double post #

oops

23. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

I know, me too - although I seem to recall some episodes continually being repeated, over and over again, in the U.K.

When you got a new episode that you'd never seen before it was a special event.

You know before when I said I missed a few episodes?

Why am I now getting the impression that I missed a helluva lot more than than I 1st thought? :o

God, I need a collected DVD edition more than ever.

24. Prognosticator Registered

Unfinished Third Season
    In a Q&A session with the members of He-Man.Org [1], Ian Richter of Mattel, who was behind many of the storylines of the cartoon, revealed some details on what had been planned for the show. Had the series continued, the second half of season 2 was planned to have featured King Hiss being regenerated after his capture by the Masters, and a final showdown between himself and Skeletor, of which Skeletor would have emerged the victor. Skeletor was then to have used his creation Faker to trick the Eternians into thinking He-Man had turned against them, thus enabling him to overthrow Randor and conquer the kingdom for himself. the third season would have involved the takeover of Eternia by the much hyped arrival of Hordak and the Evil Horde, who would have been released from their prison by Evil-Lyn and overthrown Skeletor, thus spreading mayhem across Eternia, effectively making He-Man and the Masters wanted fugitives.[2]

Apparently the intention was for Skeletor, who owed his very life to Hordak, to have finally gained the power to overcome his own mentor by the end of the season. At some point, Man-At-Arms was to have been captured and turned permanently into a Snake Man (how long this change would have lasted has never been confirmed), Teela would have learned of her heritage, and She-Ra would have been introduced at some point- according to Ian Richter 'when the time was right'.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He-Man_and_the_Masters_of_the_Universe_(2002)

I'M SO MAD AT THIS POINT I CAN"T STAND IT!!!!! :cmad: :cmad: :cmad:

...I'm going to have to take my lunch break now and cool off!!

25. superhero Registered