Sequels The Return of Eddie Brock, The Advent of Kletus Kassidy

kaijunexus

Marvel Cinematic Universe
Reaction score
According to an anonymous actor, a villain that met their ultimate demise in Spider-Man 3 may not be truly deceased after all.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/784/784823p1.html

It's widely assumed that this character and actor would be Venom and Topher Grace respectively. But how could a character whose body was seemingly wrought asunder by a massive explosion actually survive to be seen in another sequel?

Here's my idea...

In Spider-Man 4, we are brought back to the construction site of the final battle in Spider-Man 3. Work is now proceeding on the building and construction workers are scurrying about. One stumbles upon the naked body of an unconscious man, already known to the audience as Eddie Brock.

Brock is quickly whisked away to a nearby hospital for aid, where doctors are having a very difficult time getting any normal readings or non-black blood samples from the now waking Brock. Unsure of his current location, all Eddie knows is that his hatred for Peter lives strong. However, before the doctors are able to decipher the dark meaning of Brock's internal abnormalities, Eddie's brash mouth starts trouble with a police officer in the hospital when he demands to know the whereabouts of Peter Parker. As the doctors and officer attempt to calm him, Brock's rage intensifies, forcing the cop to tackle him to the ground and arrest him.

Eddie's continued blatant disrespect towards the police lands him in a cell with a cerial killer named Kletus Kassidy. At this point, Brock is still unsure as to exactly why he's still alive after recalling the explosion that "killed him". However, he soon realizes the truth when Kassidy corners Eddie, taunting him. Brock's hand forms into a familiar black claw and swipes Kletus to the ground. Eddie's body is now made of the symbiote he coveted in the last film. It had managed to reconstruct his physical form and memories.

Enthralled with his new permanent power, Eddie forms into Venom and smashes through the cell wall...inadvertently leaving behind a small piece of goo from his body. Kassidy, both frightened at the scene that just took place and also enraged at Brock's treatment of him, lays bitterly on the floor. He soon takes notice of something crawling towards his face...

:oldrazz:

I suspect that the sample which was left with Dr. Connors would be a more logical place for carnage to come into the story. Although, I'm pretty sure Carnage will never be in a Spiderman movie.

I would love to see Carnage, though. Carnage could be used to make a truly "dark" film. The supposedly "dark" Spiderman 3 was far far far from what I expected.

i have an idea to bring eddie back

why don't we say that he bonded with the symbiote permanently & melted into the symbiote at second the bomb exploded. There was a small trace of symbiote that was left in the construction site. And symbiote/eddie reforms itself.

that could work, but its a little cheesy. But then again, our hero is a guy who can crawl on walls and spin webs out of his hands. Sure, it would work.

You know, they could be talking about the symbiote (with Connors) and not Brock. The symbiote could return as Carnage (which would technically be a return for a villain). I mean, Sam did say maybe Harry forgives Peter, which he did after he was a villain when we thought it meant he wouldn't be a villain.

They play with words in a funny way.

Connors experiments with symbiote and reptiles. Connors transforms into lizard. After destroying his lab, Symbiote escapes and looks for Eddie. Symbiote goes on Eddie's skeleton. Venom revives. Venom makes offspring. Offspring finds Kassidy. Carnage is born.

No offence, but that would be terrible.

I missed the skeloton. I was pretty sure it was disenigrated too.

the way the spiderman movies are goin brock will show up out know where in 5 or 4

Man if Venom is in Four I read a perfect way to introduce him again from some other guy's idea: Here is what the scene

Peter visits Aunt May and Aunt May welcomes Peter in

Aunt May: Oh Peter, there is a nice wonderful man who moved in right across from me and he says he is a old friend of yours.

Peter: Really? I wonder-

Eddie: Hey Parker.

Man if Venom is in Four I read a perfect way to introduce him again from some other guy's idea: Here is what the scene

Peter visits Aunt May and Aunt May welcomes Peter in

Aunt May: Oh Peter, there is a nice wonderful man who moved in right across from me and he says he is a old friend of yours.

Peter: Really? I wonder-

Eddie: Hey Parker.

I was thinking of something very simular to that, that would be a perfect cliffhanger for the end of 4

Here's my idea...

In Spider-Man 4, we are brought back to the construction site of the final battle in Spider-Man 3. Work is now proceeding on the building and construction workers are scurrying about. One stumbles upon the naked body of an unconscious man, already known to the audience as Eddie Brock.

Brock was ATOMIZED by the pumpkin bomb.
His eventual return would mean such and idiocy.

Brock was ATOMIZED by the pumpkin bomb.
His eventual return would mean such and idiocy.
LOL@anyone who thinks that a pumpkin bomb could atomize anything much less the super strong, super quick Eddie Brock/Venom...

to answer that ^^

... let's see... for a split second you can see his skeleton... then nothing...

i beleive he's dead...

I hope he's DEAD. I don't want Carnage or Venom in SM4. I much rather see THE LIZARD instead.

The Villian is the symbiote that was beleived to have died. Brock is DEAD!!!

Why does everybody keep saying that the villian that may not be dead is the symbiote? Are you people that blind? The interview clearly states an actor said his character may not be dead. I don't believe you'll find "Symbiote" anywhere as a name in the credits.

Whether you like it or not, IF it's anybody returning, it has to be Venom.

Why does everybody keep saying that the villian that may not be dead is the symbiote? Are you people that blind? The interview clearly states an actor said his character may not be dead. I don't believe you'll find "Symbiote" anywhere as a name in the credits.

They are trying to confuse you. Much like the time when they said there was a 4th villian in the movie last year. Everybody thought it was The Lizard or Shocker. The it turned out to be the Symbiote.

I'd like to note that in one of Venom's solo miniseries, Venom survived being doused in gasoline and completely immolated by some street thugs who mistook him for a sleeping transient. I believe it was the symbiote's lightning fast reflexes that saved him by leaping out of the fire surrounding him, leading to both Eddie and the symbiote getting singed. Needless to say the trio became brain fodder rather quickly for the symbiote. I guess if it's possible in the comics for Venom to survive a near brush with fire, it's possible Venom in the movie can do the same but be temporarily incapacitated by his injuries causing him to retreat so he can lick his wounds and cause his hatred to fester inside of both Eddie and the Symbiote. Given Venom's twisted sense of honor from the comics which should be adapted in a movie, I'll bet inadvertantly killing Harry when he meant to eliminate Peter will eat away at his conscience firther compounding his guilt and rage.

I hope he's DEAD. I don't want Carnage or Venom in SM4. I much rather see THE LIZARD instead.

From a Venom fan's perspective you are being unfair to us for sure. I would much like to see the scenario of Peter and Eddie teaming up, Eddie eliminating Carnage and Peter rescuing Dr. Connors from his Lizard alter ego.

I seem to recall that Alfred Molina said the same thing as Topher Grace said about Venom in that Molina said that Doc Ock might not be as dead as people think. I may be reading into this alot, but when I saw Spider-man 3, I noticed in J. Jonah Jameson's first scene there was a framed image with the headline "Doc Ock Still At Large" to his right behind him. So I guess anything is possible. Remember what they say about not seeing a corpse? I would go so far as to say that the Norman Osborn Green Goblin might not be as dead as we all think, not just considering the precendence in the comics but in how MJ noticed that Harry's headwound had healed relatively quick and with little scarring.

NewYorkSpider said:
They are trying to confuse you.

How's that confusing? The report was that one character who appeared to die in Spider-Man 3 might return for Spider-Man 4. "It turns out I may not be completely dead," the unamed actor who plays the unspecified character revealed.

Who's the actor that plays the symbiote?

Godzilla2000 said:
I may be reading into this alot, but when I saw Spider-man 3, I noticed in J. Jonah Jameson's first scene there was a framed image with the headline "Doc Ock Still At Large" to his right behind him. So I guess anything is possible.

Has everybody else forgotten that the headline "Doc Ock Still At Large" was a headline used in Spider-Man 2? JJJ had more than one old headline framed in his office in Spider-Man 3.

Well Im thinking since they used sort of a mixed versions of Eddie Brock/Venom, I mean from classic and Ultimate, its possible that even if little bit of symbiote survived, Venom maybe be reformed, though he may not be able to revert back to his human self.

I'd like to see Kraven and Lizzy in film #4, then they can do Carnage and Venom in #5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"