Sequels The Return of Eddie Brock, The Advent of Kletus Kassidy

Venom is dead i would want him back but the pumpkin bomb peter used against the symbiote was the same bomb the original gg used against the board of directors at the unity festival

Well let's think about the quote. He says I may not be completely dead. Only 2 main characters died in the film, Harry and Eddie/Venom. Harry is gone, that much is clear. So that would leave the symbiote sample that Connors has. I would love for Eddie to come back. Whoever came up with the idea of him being in the living room waiting for Aunt May was onto something. Could it be possible that the symbiote protected Brock and the explosion threw him out of Spidey's sight?

I certainly would love to see Venom have to fight alongside Spiderman. And it would HAVE to be a darker script if they bring in a psycho like Carnage. Maybe we should all work on a script together for fun. I am a dramatic media major and have taken scriptwriting classes. I finished my first full length the other day. Maybe I can help?

I think the best all the spider-man crew can do is bringing back venom. Eddie seems dead, but I think the symbiote will regenerate his body. Think about it, the pumpkin bomb didn't kill Harry, how can we expect that it can kill venom?

I think the best all the spider-man crew can do is bringing back venom. Eddie seems dead, but I think the symbiote will regenerate his body. Think about it, the pumpkin bomb didn't kill Harry, how can we expect that it can kill venom?

Theres different pumpkin bombs. Eddie is DEAD

Mr. Socko said:
I'd like to see Kraven and Lizzy in film #4, then they can do Carnage and Venom in #5.

I'd rather see Lizard and Venom in Spider-Man 4.

The Aunt May scenario is perfect! I see two ideal scenarios for Spidey 4 having Venom return: one is Aunt May. The other is, perhaps, during a fight, one of the characters notices something wierd. Then, all of a sudden, a black claw shoots out, and grabs one of them. (If it's Spidey, cool! If it's the Lizard, also cool! Someone else...you get the idea). Enter Venom after a quick, sinister line.

i have an idea to bring eddie back

why don't we say that he bonded with the symbiote permanently & melted into the symbiote at second the bomb exploded. There was a small trace of symbiote that was left in the construction site. And symbiote/eddie reforms itself.

I concur. I was thinking about it the other day and that funnily enough was also the only logical reason I could up with aswell. If you look closely at the scene when the bomb explodes and the dust clears you can see the symbiote also 'slipping' through something like a crack rather than just disintigrating.

I really think that not only Eddie and Venom deserve another chance but also Topher Grace. Topher did an absolutely brilliant job when he was given little to work with and it was really disappointing that Raimi didn't keep Venom for 4. I remember a while back I said I'd be willing to wait another 3 years so Venom would be given his deserved centre stage in the 4th. And after seeing 3, that was confirmed. Venom just seemed lame. For one he shouldn't require Sandman's help because he should be able to kick Spidey's ass easily. He was defeated easily aswell and the only reason he managed to kill Harry is because Peter was totally ****ed from being nearly sledgehammered to death by the Sandman.

But hey I can understand why Raimi did it. There absolutely no guarentee Sony would have the same cast and crew intact for the 4th one and a different cast picking up a continuing story would be brutal.

Yeah, no one was certain if they'd really continue the series. Which is why Venom died. But there was so much symbiote left over Venom has to still be out there. But it's HOW they do it that matters.

The Doc Ock Still At Large headline was from Spider-Man 2.

Also, much like the symbiote was the 4th villain, I think the symbiote (which Connors has) is the alive villain, not Brock.

Spider-Fan930 said:
The Doc Ock Still At Large headline was from Spider-Man 2.

Just when I thought there was nobody else that knows what they're talking about...

Spider-Fan930 said:
Also, much like the symbiote was the 4th villain, I think the symbiote (which Connors has) is the alive villain, not Brock.

I'm proven right. An actor said his character might not be dead. There was no actor who played the symbiote.

BTW, I remember James Franco saying that SM3 would be his last Spidey film, and since there was only one other person who died in SM3, guess who's coming back?

:venom:

Venom "reforming" Eddie doesn't make much sense. It's a symbiote. It lives off something else. They already established that in the movie. If Eddie doesn't have a real body anymore, what use would he be to the symbiote?

Well...we'll see what happens. It could be that Eddie and the symbiote merged completely.

Besides the point, a friend of mine I saw the movie with who never read a Spidey comic said, right after the movie when I saw it, "Did you see the symbiote on the ground? He isn't dead..."

Forget Venom and symbiotes. It's over, it was handeled decently in SM3. VEnom maybe didn't have enough screentime but I think RAimi's interpretation was pretty damn good and said its peace. They're done for now and maybe wait until SM5 or SM6 to see Carnage when the studio gets desperate. Save another overrated symbiote threat for later on considering you need to at least space it out like they did the Goblins.

The Lizard is a better villain than Carnage and Kraven's Last Hunt is hands down one of the greatest Spidey stories ever written. That is a better direction for the franchise.

LOL@anyone who thinks that a pumpkin bomb could atomize anything much less the super strong, super quick Eddie Brock/Venom...
I agree. We're talking about the same pumpkin bomb that was throw RIGHT at Harry Osborn's face and did nothing but scar him up, right? :D Sure you see a skeleton then nothing, but it doesn't mean he was taken out. This is Hollywood. If they want Venom back, they'll huddle up with a couple of writers that know their stuff and find a way to get it done. It could be something as ridiculous as the explosion being so bright that it acted almost as an x-ray or something. If they're going to bring him back, they'll find a way.

LOL@anyone who thinks that a pumpkin bomb could atomize anything much less the super strong, super quick Eddie Brock/Venom...
I agree. We're talking about the same pumpkin bomb that was throw RIGHT at Harry Osborn's face and did nothing but scar him up, right? :D Sure you see a skeleton then nothing, but it doesn't mean he was taken out. This is Hollywood. If they want Venom back, they'll huddle up with a couple of writers that know their stuff and find a way to get it done. It could be something as ridiculous as the explosion being so bright that it acted almost as an x-ray or something. If they're going to bring him back, they'll find a way.

If I remember correctly, I think Harry was enhanced by the goblin formula when the pumpkin bomb was thrown at him...Eddie wasn't....

As for bringing back Venom, what I think is that because the Spider-Man franchise has (at this point) such a great presence in the blockbusters universe that any new director that will be given a shot in this franchise might try to please the producers before trying to please the fans (I hope you get my point) and if this comes to be true, then we could easily see Venom again (and even Carnage), you can clearly see it even in the SP3 spoiler forum, one of the longest thread was the Venom one, Venom is a fundamental villain in the Spidey Universe (and a great milking cow by the way, which is what they might try to make in the movies if he ever reappears).

But I'm against a Carnage reappearance. First, I think it wouldn't be "fair" to give Carnage the screentime that Venom deserved better. Two, another symbiote would be redundant. Three, Carnage is just pure violence, and he would need a very very very great story to give him the substance he lacked in the comics.

Anyway, giving the statu quo in the movie universe, a carnage appearance (if they go with the symbiote sample way to explain it) he more likely than a Venom reappearance (I respect you points, but don't you think that making that small piece of symbiote that seemed to survive after the explosion regenerate Eddie a little bit too forced ?)

I think giving Carnage a backstory in general would kinda ruin the point of his character...you know being a pure psycho with a symbiote that kills anyone in his path. I really can't think of a way to make him dynamic enough to work for an entire film.

Hi, all, I'm the new kid on the block and I must say this is one hell of a block to post on. Should Venom be back with Carnage? What about a back story? What about the Lizzard and Kraven ect

Well I say that you could have a great Spidy 4 with the Lizzard and Carnage. How? Well first only those two villians only, no more then two just look at SM 3? Great villians just not enough screen time, hell the video game had a better cut secne for Venom/Sandman joing forces then in the movie.

i would love to see venom return, and to see carnage in a movie, it would be awesome, but i cant figured out how they would bring venom back i mean we all saw eddie´s skeleton , and then after that nothing! when they make the next movie, i would start fist by looking for a new director before thinking how to bring venom back

Forget Venom and symbiotes. It's over, it was handeled decently in SM3. VEnom maybe didn't have enough screentime but I think RAimi's interpretation was pretty damn good and said its peace. They're done for now and maybe wait until SM5 or SM6 to see Carnage when the studio gets desperate. Save another overrated symbiote threat for later on considering you need to at least space it out like they did the Goblins.

The Lizard is a better villain than Carnage and Kraven's Last Hunt is hands down one of the greatest Spidey stories ever written. That is a better direction for the franchise.

Agreed. I would of actually preferred to see this story in SM3 because as a Venom fan I knew I was going to be disappointed in the justice done to him. Topher Grace was brilliant so that was even more disappointing to see hm given so little time.

But yeah, even though Venom should of been Spideys ultimate threat, Raimi's interpretation of him would allow for the franchise to move on. Hopefully with Kraven's Last Hunt.

And just on a side note. The suit was in the process of re-connecting with eddie as the bomb exploded. The symbiote is fast. It could have already connected to Eddie by the time the flash faded from the screen.

A Spidey/Venom team-up in a movie....ugh. Leave him dead. He served his purpose.

Theres different pumpkin bombs. Eddie is DEAD
Yes, there are different pumpkin bombs. Luckily for us moviegoers though none were specified and all those that say "Brock is dead. Venom will not return, because he is dead." can only be and are only speculating. It showed a skeleton in the explosion, yes but it can be because the explosion was so bright that it acted like an x-ray of sorts. People get paid to make up stories, if they want Venom to come back and actually make an impact on Spidey 4 then it'll happen. Hopefully minus Carnage though. :D

I would rather Aunt May be the new Venom in #4 than to bring Brock back from the beyond...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"