The Reviews Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers' started by Kargo Warrior, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Crimson King Superhero Novelista

I'm with you. That sort of stuff is maddening.

2. Excel O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

any word on tyrese?

3. WalterKovacs Registered

a well reviewed michael bay movie

well ill be damned :yay:

4. YÅ«gi's BM Nyotaika PreCure!

Wow, I didn't know Bay was republican, now it'll be a little harder for me to be objective.

*Probably the lone republican on this forum*

5. Theweepeople Registered

I'm so sick of talking about politics. I don't trust any of the people who are running our government. That goes for all democrats and republicans. Both parties are responsible for the mess in Iraq. Both parties are responsible for the out of control illegal immigration problem. Both parties are responsibe for the screwed up healthcare system. Both parties are destroying the middle class in America. Both parties appear to have a lot in common. I don't see much of a difference between the two anymore. The only real difference that separates the parties is one group is better at bullcraping the American public.

6. Superman1314 Just Another Superman Fan

Hey gang, this is Just Another Superman Fan from BT.net. Just thought I'd share this review I found on Youtube. This guy had great coverage of the red carpet event he attended, so I thought I'd check out his review. It's great. There are some spoilers so beware. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djzZ7KOXY-Y

7. Kargo Warrior Scientist

Another great review!!!

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21955613-2902,00.html

TRANSFORMERS have been around for yonks as kids' action figures, so toying with the idea of a movie was a no-brainer.

What is mind-boggling is how big, bold and beautiful this blokey flick is.

Like the best autonomous robots, Transformers is not just a thumping, clanking machine of violence, though there is plenty of that.

It has elements of political drama, embedded historical plots, a slender mystery and more than one engaging human-interest line

:trans: :trans: :woot:

8. Naite22 Registered

^ just great!!!;)

9. The Kid AMERICA FTW

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

10. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

Notice how every single review says pretty much the same thing? Pretty consistant all around.

11. Naite22 Registered

^ that is why I'm begining to trust it;) and not ONE review has said that the movie's 2hrs&24min. worth of running time drags at any point! It all flows perfectly!! Unlike ALL other summer movie's this year!

12. Seraphartman Registered

Yeah, because most reviews that you would see of this type of movie would probably be saying that it was one of the worst films ever made. However, I think that this is just one of those great paced, action, comedy entertainment pieces that we all know and love.

13. nosebleed. Registered

The way you word it, it seems like a "great paced, action, comedy entertainment piece" is a common thing. I haven't seen one in quite awhile where the all the elements you stated work to make a great movie. Almost all movies that have been released this year that contain all those elements have been lacking in at least one of those elements. The first movie that comes to my mind in recent times is the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie...but how long ago was that?

My point is is that a movie that effectively combines action, comedy, realism, epicness, etc...while still maintaining its freshness factor is a rare find and if this movie can pull it off then we'll have a winner.

14. Tempest19 Registered

"It has elements of political drama"

There it is again!!!

I can see, and have always seen, a great fun ride that is a very enjoyable film on all levels- but, I never in my wildest dreams imagined that all the reviewers would be talking about politics in regards to this movie!

Was this in the screenplay, novelization or comic book and I was just too stupid to notice it? I'm one of those Jay Walking types when it comes to politics- didn't know the relation between "If you are not with me, you are my enemy" link between ROTS and the current political administration until I read about it. Did anyone notice political aspects in the drafts/ variations you have read so far? Or might they have added more of this into the final shooting draft?

15. CFlash Registered

I've been talking about the political leanings of the script for a year, man. While I hope the final movie is more balanced, unfortunately those leanings seemed to skew "Right" (as Michael Bay movies normally do). Whereas I always felt Transformers was decidely NOT that.

Military Gung-ho-ness. No Sacrifice No Victory. Stay the Course.

16. Tempest19 Registered

No Sacrafice? No Victory?

Man, what draft have you been reading?
    Optimus is willing to sacrafice his life!!!

How the fck is that not a sacrafice? In my eyes- that sacrafice is HUGE!

17. Figs Registered

I agree, can't really remember other than the first Pirates film another one that combined all those elements well.

18. CFlash Registered

No no no. That wasn't the point I was making. I agree with you. I meant the connotations that tagline (used repeatedly in the movie) has if you look at it in a wider right-wing U.S. interventionism way. I was only questioning the "leanings" of the movie.

BTW, I happen to think Optimus Prime's character in the leaked script was/is awesome and truer to his character than I ever would have imagined.

19. Marvin Registered

Blade 2

20. blind_fury Registered

No one saw that coming. :o

21. Marvin Registered

u better believe it

22. Tempest19 Registered

Oh. Okay, confused on your wording. :woot: :up:

23. Figs Registered

Guess I should watch that again sometime, it's been awhile. Not to mention we were referring to really big summer films...usually of the popcorn type. :cwink:

24. Marvin Registered

it pretty much came out near summer time

and it pretty much hit the mark in every criteria stated

25. nosebleed. Registered

Don't know if this has been posted but here's tidbit on Transformers tracking...

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/index.php?s=transformers&submit=Search