The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Rhino: Suit Vs. Cross-Species

Well it's obviously for CGI. But the way it's shaped, it's obvious they are going for a giant, mechanical suit. Wouldn't surprise me if it's doesn't resemble Rhino in any form. Except that it has the characteristic to take out anything in it's path.

Well it's obviously for CGI. But the way it's shaped, it's obvious they are going for a giant, mechanical suit. Wouldn't surprise me if it's doesn't resemble Rhino in any form. Except that it has the characteristic to take out anything in it's path.

That'd be upsetting.

And i don't think anything is obvious yet.

Based on what the sources who've seen the suit say, it will likely be mechanical, yet, look very organic, ala, a cross species. Even those who've seen it said they couldn't really distinguish it but that it looked more mechanical than organic.

Similar, in essence, to "Rhino II" from the comics.

Rhino II
Rhino_II.jpg

I don't believe they would have deliberately shaped it like that, if it's in no way going to be something mechanical.

They wouldn't of built a giant prosthetic rhino either.

Though they would have probably built something like with what they did with hulk

Based on what the sources who've seen the suit say, it will likely be mechanical, yet, look very organic, ala, a cross species. Even those who've seen it said they couldn't really distinguish it but that it looked more mechanical than organic.

Similar, in essence, to "Rhino II" from the comics.

Rhino II
Rhino_II.jpg

So I guess they do something really horrible to him? Like transform him with the cross-species formula, then take a knife to him to enhance him with armor and cybernetics?

So I guess they do something really horrible to him? Like transform him with the cross-species formula, then take a knife to him to enhance him with armor and cybernetics?

That or they cover parts of the mechanical suit with simulated flesh.

I guess this fits here too..

According to someone on IMDB who witnessed the filming of today's scenes:

Right now they are filming across the street from my job on park ave btwn 50th and 54th streets. The scene involves the rhino going on a rampage and spidey jumps onto an nypd squad car with a bullhorn and taunts the rhino by calling him a [BLACKOUT]mechanized hippopotamus[/BLACKOUT].

Could that actually be part of the mech suit maybe with added cgi later On to cover other parts? It's grey after all

Its just for the CGI shape and lighting. I doubt you'll see any of that actual mock-suit in the film.

Does seem like there will defo be a CG suit, although slightly puzzled by that what they got in that picture

Last edited:
It will be CG, suit obviously doesnt look like that, it's for size and reference.

^ Good to know. Just wanted to say yay for Giamatti living one of his dreams!

A full shot of the setup. Rhino is going to be huge. I'm curious as to why Giamatti doesn't have his forehead tattoo....clearly we're gonna see his face based on the expressions he's making.

086rlm.jpg

Man, I'd totally love to see Giamatti Vs Ruffalo's Hulk. I just want to see those two raging beasts going at each other.

Or his face will show similar to 616, except the suit will be mecha so it won't look as silly.

People, it is shaped like that for reference purposes ONLY. They can do absolutety ANY shape from that. Just look at the Hulk, it was a pogo stick with a flat cardboard face.

People, it is shaped like that for reference purposes ONLY. They can do absolutety ANY shape from that. Just look at the Hulk, it was a pogo stick with a flat cardboard face.

You're not saying you still expect cross-species are you?

I'm thinking it would look a little different if they were going for that. And we'd probably see some sort of makeup and prosthetic in conjunction. Unless you're just saying, the suit will look cooler than styrofoam, in which case i agree.

You're not saying you still expect cross-species are you?

I'm thinking it would look a little different if they were going for that. And we'd probably see some sort of makeup and prosthetic in conjunction. Unless you're just saying, the suit will look cooler than styrofoam, in which case i agree.

I doubt wed see make up or prosthetic ... Its not like they painted Ruffalo green

I do think wed probably see a mocap suit though if he was cross species. But then again i don't think they had a mocap suit for lizard either...

If he is indeed a complete mech (which it looks like he is due to what spidey says to him) don't expect his much to look remotely anything like what we are seeing. The current box is indeed a point of reference.

It seems pretty obvious to me that he's going to be in mechanical suit and we'll see Giamatti's face, hence why he's doing this work himself so the can blend the CGI with his performance, if he was going to be a creature there'd be no need for the chunky reference point block he has over his head and shoulders.

Personally I am really glad they have gone this way instead of cross-species.

^ Good to know. Just wanted to say yay for Giamatti living one of his dreams!

Is he a big comic book fan?

It seems pretty obvious to me that he's going to be in mechanical suit and we'll see Giamatti's face, hence why he's doing this work himself so the can blend the CGI with his performance, if he was going to be a creature there'd be no need for the chunky reference point block he has over his head and shoulders.

Personally I am really glad they have gone this way instead of cross-species.

Is he a big comic book fan?

he told conan in an interview before tasm1 came out that he always wanted to play the rhino and had been a fan of the character since he was young. i think it might be up on youtube somewhere, albeit in poor quality.