The Ring 3D

at first I thought this was gonna be a bad idea but the more I think about it the more this thing is a liscense to print money....if it is as scarey as the first one

I could definitely see the potential in 3D for a scene of Samara crawling out of a TV!

But like I said, anyone who hasn't seen Rings, you should, 'cause I consider that more of an official sequel than The Ring Two.

As for having Naomi Watts return, I don't think it's necessary. Couldn't have the son in there anymore. He's all of what, fourteen by now? His character worked best as a small child.

Conceptually, another Ring film would lend itself to focusing on new characters.

I could definitely see the potential in 3D for a scene of Samara crawling out of a TV!

But like I said, anyone who hasn't seen Rings, you should, 'cause I consider that more of an official sequel than The Ring Two.
Like what I said, the second one should have been alot more like Rings.

It was on youtube, I don't know if its up anymore, i downloaded it from there a while ago.

It was a small rumor going around after the 2nd movie came out. Nothing came of it though
Prolly why i never heard of it then.

That's even if people think her scary anymore. The Ring came out in 2002 and its sequel in 2005. It was only 5 years ago. but again those movies came out at the popularity of the J-Won horror film remakes. Stuff has changed in the last 5 years. I mean the third grudge film went straight to dvd.
That's because it had literally only one person (a supporting 5 second character) from the first two in it. No SMG, No Amber Tambyln.

That's even if people think her scary anymore. The Ring came out in 2002 and its sequel in 2005. It was only 5 years ago. but again those movies came out at the popularity of the J-Won horror film remakes. Stuff has changed in the last 5 years. I mean the third grudge film went straight to dvd.
That's because it had literally only one person (a supporting 5 second character) from the first two in it. No SMG, No Amber Tambyln.

I am 32 years old, but I came eye to eye with Samara in 3D I have not idea how I would take that. Their could be tears & maybe a little urine.

But then again the movie or story wasn't that good to begin with in the 3rd one and should have either just leave it at two, or put more thought out work into it, like with the previous other two.

See, what kills me is that there are always people who complain about these J-horror films being remade, and when I see most of the original ones, some aren't even all that great to begin with. Ju-On was definitely one of them. So when the remake came around, I actually hoped for them to try and change things, not that any of the changes ended up being for the better. Then you had The Grudge 2, and it was one of the most ridiculously random films I had ever seen. Few films have made me wanna shoot someone in the face as much as The Grudge 2. Of course, that will probably change if I ever see The Grudge 3.

And the two leads, Watts and Dorfman, were clearly only there thru contractual consent. Watts said this herself.

That explains some things. But man, did Watts act the hell out of The Ring Two. Well, that definitely means she won't be returning.

Matthew Knight was only in Grudge 2 and Grudge 3. He wasn't in the first one.

Instead of a third, I would've pay to see The Ring (the original) on 3-D. A sequel to a bad sequel is not that appealing to me. It makes me think they're doing it just for the 3-D effects with a weak story. I don't know. I could be wrong.

They should just try and remake one of those, then. I mean, I'm tired of the remakes like everyone else I'm sure, but if Ring Two is the best they can come up with on their own, yeah, they should just go that route :o

Since it seems like they're basically doing a reboot, I'd say she probably won't be. Unless it's a cameo to establish all the movies happen in the same world

Is there a Ringu sequel they can remake? Because the American sequel was kind of crap overall, and I believe it was an original production and not a remake of the actual Ringu sequel.

I would love for them to start from scratch and adapt the actual book trilogy, but I guess it'd be more of a techno-thriller than an actual horror film, and that's probably not what they're looking for.

Though you have to love this:

My God, what ancient technology.
You do know that the director of the American The Ring 2 is also the director of the original Japanese director of the first Ringu.

Good God! I liked the original Ringu and the American remake well enough, but if this is as a bad as the American The Ring Two, then count me out.

I'm curious about this remake/sequel. Even though The Ring Two was vastly inferior from the first one I think it was still enjoyable; The first one is still one of my favorite horror films.

It's a reboot?

About damn time this got a trailer. I was worried it was gonna get delayed again.

It's a reboot?

No, this seems to be following the end of the last movie where Samara's free to cause more trouble elsewhere. Hence why Naomi Watts isn't in this. They would've said by now if this was a reboot. And apparently there's now more to the tape according to the official synopsis:

A new chapter in the beloved RING horror franchise. A young woman becomes worried about her boyfriend when he explores a dark subculture surrounding a mysterious videotape said to kill the watcher seven days after he has viewed it. She sacrifices herself to save her boyfriend and in doing so makes a horrifying discovery: there is a “movie within the movie” that no one has ever seen before…

By actually showing Daveigh Chase, they're acknowledging at least the first film. I'd be totally fine if they retconned the second film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"