The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Scene Gwen Stacey Died

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three words: Iron Man 3
Everybody thought the main villain would be The Mandarain. There was Ben Kingsley announced as the character, there were promo picture of him with his costume.
EVERYBODY (don't say you didn't!) was 100% sure he was going to be the villain. Plus, The Mandarin is Iron Man's arch enemy so it made perfect sense.

NOBODY (don't say you did! Liar!) saw that twist coming. Nobody expected that! But the trailer and everything pointed it out.
It didn't happen this way.

All I'm saying is that trailers can fool you. When you think you finally figured it out, it sometimes turns out you didn't at all. You were wrong all along.
So everything points at Gwen's death because it's an iconic moment and all the costumes and pictures says so... But I think things will be very different.

I agree with Andrew's quote from Webb. You think you finally find out the answer and then... boom, something completly different.

Either this is the worst marketing campaign in history... Or we will see something totally unexpected.

My probabilities:

What I want: 0% of chances she dies.
The truth: 75% of chances she dies.

Im 100% with you man :up::up:

Thank you, man. It's great to see someone who shares my view.

Of course, I might be in a denial phase. Maybe I refuse to see the obvious and I'm stupid.
But what else can I do?

There's one thing I know for sure, I wouldn't be happy to see Gwen's death on the big screen. Not because I think it's useless or anything, but it would sadden me. It saddens me to see people rooting for the death of a such beautiful character. A character the writers took their time to develop to make sure she's the best she could possibly be. The took the greatest young (and the most beautiful) actress in whole Hollywood to portray her and the majority was positive about the acting and the character in itself.
It saddens me to see people wanting her to die.

Perhaps I'm taking this too personal because of what I have lived. But then again, I know how much Peter loves his Gwen Stacy, as much as I loved mine. I know how he will feel if he loses her.
I am a real man, manly as ****. Everytime I walk somewhere, people notice me. I have this alpha aura, I can assure you I'm not a pussyass crybaby ******.
But a couple days ago, I felt so sad about Gwen's possible death I haven't gotten out of my room. I stayed in bed all day with sheets covering my face and I pictured dying/goodbye scenes in my head. I almost felt like bursting to tears just thinking about it. I felt something EXPLODING inside of me.

Losing the one you love in a such horrifying way is the capital punishment for a man's mind. And the guilt coming with it just adds to the nightmare.

I can't believe there are some people so cruel to actually root for something like that. But these people will never understand. You only know it when you love someone much more than you love yourself.

People want to see Gwen die because it will make a great/amazing/tearjerker moment.
But when you've been through this, or something similar, it saddens you that they're using a such tragedy for the sole purpose of making a good movie/show or pleasing diehard purists.

Yeah, this I know.
Will Gwen die? Can't say, but here are the way see it

If you want to make an amazing movie that might mark people's mind forever... Kill Gwen.

If you simply love your characters and you are willing to create something different and unique, regardless of what people might say... Do not kill Gwen.

Of course, I might be in a denial phase. Maybe I refuse to see the obvious and I'm stupid.
But what else can I do?

There's one thing I know for sure, I wouldn't be happy to see Gwen's death on the big screen. Not because I think it's useless or anything, but it would sadden me. It saddens me to see people rooting for the death of a such beautiful character. A character the writers took their time to develop to make sure she's the best she could possibly be. The took the greatest young (and the most beautiful) actress in whole Hollywood to portray her and the majority was positive about the acting and the character in itself.

Perhaps I'm taking this too personal because of what I have lived. But then again, I know how much Peter loves his Gwen Stacy, as much as I loved mine. I know how he will feel if he loses her.
I am a real man, manly as ****. Everytime I walk somewhere, people notice me. I have this alpha aura, I can assure you I'm not a pussyass crybaby ******.
But a couple days ago, I felt so sad about Gwen's possible death I haven't gotten out of my room. I stayed in bed all day with sheets covering my face and I pictured dying/goodbye scenes in my head. I almost felt like bursting to tears just thinking about it. I felt something EXPLODING inside of me.

Losing the one you love in a such horrifying way is the capital punishment for a man's mind. And the guilt coming with it just adds to the nightmare.

I can't believe there are some people so cruel to actually root for something like that. But these people will never understand. You only know it when you love someone much more than you love yourself.

People want to see Gwen die because it will make a great/amazing/tearjerker moment.
But when you've been through this, or something similar, it saddens you that they're using a such tragedy for the sole purpose of making a good movie/show or pleasing diehard purists.

Yeah, this I know.

If you want to make an amazing movie that might mark people's mind forever... Kill Gwen.

If you simply love your characters and you are willing to create something different and unique, regardless of what people might say... Do not kill Gwen.

Wow... :( .... just :up::up:

Read this Airnick hahaha

But what else can I do?

Yeah, this I know.

I get what your saying man I really do, but not just the fans want her to die, the actress herself (Emma stone) wants her to die. It's gonna happen and I know you don't like to hear it, but I think you better prepare yourself for it.

I think Gwen NEEDS to die in the third movie. Doing it in the second feels too soon.

I used to feel like it would be to soon to kill her in the 2nd too, but now I think Gwen needs to die in the 2nd now to give Peter more time to grieve and move on.

Her death if happens could be the climax of this franchise this is why i prefer to happen in the third one.

I get what your saying man I really do, but not just the fans want her to die, the actress herself (Emma stone) wants her to die. It's gonna happen and I know you don't like to hear it, but I think you better prepare yourself for it.

Yeah, I remember seeing an article where Emma says she wants Gwen to die. But that was more than a year ago.
After six months, a statement is obsolete. I said that earlier. The crew weren't even filming back then, there's a lot of things that could have changed since then.

You know, fans don't always get what they want. People have been wanting a Superman vs Brainiac live action movie for decades, it didn't happen. People didn't want Ben Affleck as Batman, it's happening. People wanted a Green Lantern movie, it was garbage and fans hated it.
Fans are a chaotic mass, they mustn't interfere with creative decision because what the people want isn't always what is best.
Look, people wanted Jason Todd the be killed in the comics, and lots of people thought it was a bad decision, after all.

However, I do understand what you're saying. For a while I have called her Gwen *Schrodinger* Stacy because until the movie, there is no way to know if she'll live or die.
But now I'll just assume she's dead. And if by miracle she turns out to be alive, I'll just be overly happy.

I'll find out in April, I will look up the spoilers. 'Til then, I just don't know if I'll have the strength to see this movie if I find out that she does die.

If she dies in the second one i will probaly have a heart attack in the moment..

It would be too depressing to end the series with her death if you ask me.

But who said the series end at 3? I thought there was a Amazing Spider-Man 4 announced. However, Garfield said he wasn't involved with it (yet?)
I feel like they're going to make it the James Bond's way. They'll continue the storyline they've been establishing (you know, all those villains being teased, 3 movies isn't enough to take care of all of them)

Sony said they wanted to create a some kind of universe. You can't create a universe with only 3 films. My guess is there will be more Spider-Man movies + many spin offs. It's the only logical way to create a universe.
Even if Garfield and the other members of the cast aren't coming back after 3, I believe the story will just go on.

Else, they wouldn't be trying so hard to make competition to the MCU.

I not asking to end the series with her death, there a fourth film remember?

One thing that can't happen is kill off Gwen in the 3rd, and then not have Garfield in the 4th film.

Amazing Spider-Man 4 is set to release in 2018, We're in 2014.
Andrew said he wasn't involved with ASM4 (yet?). I think lots of things can happen in 4 years. He has plenty of time to negotiate the role and everything

It would be too depressing to end the series with her death if you ask me.

I don't think that they would ever end the series with her death. Even if Marc and Andrew are only on board for the first 3 films, the story will most likely be continued. However, if Gwen dies in the third, I would hope that Andrew returned at least for the fourth.

But who said the series end at 3? I thought there was a Amazing Spider-Man 4 announced. However, Garfield said he wasn't involved with it (yet?)

Marc said that he planned to have a trilogy, and that more films were decided upon later. Andrew is not contractually obligated to return for the fourth, but he could still come back.

I feel like they're going to make it the James Bond's way. They'll continue the storyline they've been establishing (you know, all those villains being teased, 3 movies isn't enough to take care of all of them)

I think this is exactly what they'll do. They WILL do this if they want their cinematic universe.

Sony said they wanted to create a some kind of universe. You can't create a universe with only 3 films. My guess is there will be more Spider-Man movies + many spin offs. It's the only logical way to create a universe.
Even if Garfield and the other members of the cast aren't coming back after 3, I believe the story will just go on.

They planned a story arc that will take place over the course of three films, and then the universe will continue to expand through more Spider-Man films (TASM4), and then spin-offs (S6, Venom).

#Airnick

Yes that would not be cool :up:, but i think you said this one of these days its too soon to think about the fourth one,i think that Andrew will come back after all he said he loves spidey but who knows?

I don't think that they would ever end the series with her death. Even if Marc and Andrew are only on board for the first 3 films, the story will most likely be continued. However, if Gwen dies in the third, I would hope that Andrew returned at least for the fourth.
I meant to say "end the story arc."

The third movie sucks 95% of the time. It's a law.
Spider-man 3
X-Men 3
Shrek 3
The Matrix 3
Batman Forever
The Dark Knight Rises (to some only, I thought it was phenomenal)
Superman 3
Iron Man 3 (to some, thought it was okay)
and many, many, many, way too many more.

The Amazing Spider-Man 3 will suck, I'm pretty damn certain about that. So if to you, the death of Gwen would be the worst thing to happen, it will in the 3rd one. Because the 3rd one always suck. It will be a downer. It always is.
Characters always die in the 3rd one. Harry in Spidey 3. Cyclops, Prof X and Jean in X3. Mickey died in Rocky 3. Need to go on?
Except for The Dark Knight, I don't recall many characters dying in sequels. It's not very common.

The third movie sucks 95% of the time. It's a law.
Spider-man 3
X-Men 3
Shrek 3
The Matrix 3
Batman Forever
The Dark Knight Rises (to some only, I thought it was phenomenal)
Superman 3
Iron Man 3 (to some, thought it was okay)
and many, many, many, way too many more.

The Amazing Spider-Man 3 will suck, I'm pretty damn certain about that. So if to you, the death of Gwen would be the worst thing to happen, it will in the 3rd one. Because the 3rd one always suck. It will be a downer. It always is.
Characters always die in the 3rd one. Harry in Spidey 3. Cyclops, Prof X and Jean in X3. Mickey died in Rocky 3. Need to go on?
Except for The Dark Knight, I don't recall many characters dying in sequels. It's not very common.

I think it's a little early to say TASM3 will suck haha. Though I do get what you mean.

You are mostly right about that the third ones sucks but i have faith in TASM3 :)

I hope it won't be bad! Honestly.
But I have many bad experiences that points otherwise. The trilogy curse, it DOES exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"