The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Scene Gwen Stacey Died

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ All true.

I mean the reason I started this thread was because I figured out that that clock tower scene matches the iconic death of Gwen Stacy pic.

I've been arguing for a really long time now, even before we saw Gwen in what I like to refer as her "death shroud", that for the story it would make more sense for her to die at the end of TASM2. That would give Peter time in TASM3 to get "revenge" and to start to heal. It would give time for MJ to be introduced and for the possibility of a future relationship to be there.

Then the trailer came out and I found that one second shot of Spidey dropping down and shooting the web down. Yes, it's at what appears to be a clock tower and not the bridge, which is the kind of thing I believe Webb was refering to.

So many people fought me at first, but when coupled with all of the other pieces of evidence, I believe most are coming around and realizing that Gwen will die in this one. Just think how beutiful that shot is going to be though!

the-amazing-spider-man-2-teaser-trailer-web-slinging.jpg

The link to that pic of Gwen says "Gwen Stacy in peril". First, marketing Harry Goblin like they have. Now this. C'mon. We get that they want to do "The death of Gwen Stacy" arc, but now this promotional pic is just ridiculously obvious for a director who was so confident that he was shrouding the fate of this film in secrecy. What he said about the online theories would have to be a bluff, and if that's the case, then can we really trust anything that they've told us?

pzf4.jpg

At the bottom it says
NEW FOES, NEW WOES AND DEATH
SPIDEY'S SHOCKING SEQUEL!

We know for sure that one character will die. It's between Harry and Gwen.
But it says SHOCKING. Unless it's simply a lame pun for Electro... I guess it means she is doomed. :csad:

pzf4.jpg

At the bottom it says

But it says SHOCKING. Unless it's simply a lame pun for Electro... I guess it means she is doomed. :csad:

Lol. It just gets better and better!

The link to that pic of Gwen says "Gwen Stacy in peril". First, marketing Harry Goblin like they have. Now this. C'mon. We get that they want to do "The death of Gwen Stacy" arc, but now this promotional pic is just ridiculously obvious for a director who was so confident that he was shrouding the fate of this film in secrecy. What he said about the online theories would have to be a bluff, and if that's the case, then can we really trust anything that they've told us?

If only Marc would have been in charge of marketing. I remember him saying he was disappointed that certain things had been revealed or leaked back around comic-con. Imagine how he feels now.

pzf4.jpg

At the bottom it says

That pretty much confirmed it for me.

Does that issue of Total film get more specific with details? :(

There's an article of two page that talks about the movie, but the picture is so small you can't read it.

Look, if we were playing Clue I would pretty much be ready to make my Accusation in order to win...

It was Spidey, in the Clock Tower, with his web.

The fact that there is now a pic putting Gwen, in her death shroud I must add, at the scene of the crime, well do I have to convince you even further?????

Look, if we were playing Clue I would pretty much be ready to make my Accusation in order to win...

It was Spidey, in the Clock Tower, with his web.

The fact that there is now a pic putting Gwen, in her death shroud I must add, at the scene of the crime, well do I have to convince you even further?????
Even Spider-Man has twists. All of the "evidence" suggests she will die, but there is still the possibility of her not dying. You can't convince me any more.

Unless I see it happen, or hear a confirmation, I won't be so sure. But right now, the cover of Total Film takes the 50/50 chance and brings it up to 60/40 for me.

I don't know. I'm still not buying it. I guess until I see things happen on screen or there's official confirmation. Otherwise, as I posted earlier the seasonal time frame of everything seems off and I wouldn't be surprised if the film actually started around Winter and ended around early Summer (although I think most people would be). We know factually that some scenes of the film actually take place in the Spring and some in the Summer based on the casting calls.

The-Amazing-Spider-Man-2-Dane-DeHaan-e1389278539393.jpg
amazing-spider-man-osborn-2.jpg

m62uVPU.jpg

Last edited:
I still refuse that fate for one simple reason: Why?
Why would they put clues so obvious to determine that a character is going to die IN THE TRAILER and on PROMO PICTURES?

If I say for a Batman movie, I put a picture of a tied Jason Todd, and in the trailer I show a Joker with a crowbar. If you know the comics, you know what's happening next. It's not even about making theories it's just obvious.

But why put a such key element on promotional material?
Yeah sure, that webbing picture, the death outfit, the clock tower, everything... When you put them in the right order, they do make sense.
But why showing them? It's too easy. Anybody with slight knowledge of comic book can make that conclusion.

Were there any clue of Zod's death on Man of Steel trailer? Were there any clue of M's death in Skyfall? Were there any clue of Leo's death in Titanic?

I think an effective death must be unexpected, not anticipated.

Plus, I have found this on IMDB's FAQ. I'm aware that anyone can edit IMDB, but I'm willing to stick to anything that can make positive.

Gwen Stacy was originally going to die at the end of the film during the climactic fight at the clock tower, the idea was to have Peter and Gwen finally defeat Electro at an Oscorp power plant, but then Gwen would be kidnapped by Harry Osborn, now the newly transformed green goblin. Gwen was to be thrown off of the tower and Peter would catch her leg with his web, snapping her neck. Peter would then nearly beat Harry to death, then take him to Ravencraft, but the ending was re-written to where Harry is killed instead after the ending was leaked online.

Scripts do get rewritten, that's true. I think this theory is a plausible hypothesis but not a fact, for sure.
Plus, it says that GWEN WAS TO BE THROWN OFF OF THE TOWER.
On the picture, she is INSIDE it. She is NOT FALLING OFF of it. But then again, could be a red herring.

Why would Webb and Co. try to hide something they've been completely upfront about on multiple occasions? Gwen's death will be just as impactful if we know it's coming as it would be if we didn't know it was coming.

I prefer to be surprised,this is why i dont looked the leaked storyboards.

What more do you guys need to be convinced, I mean all the evidence are there lol.

Why would Webb and Co. try to hide something they've been completely upfront about on multiple occasions? Gwen's death will be just as impactful if we know it's coming as it would be if we didn't know it was coming.
They could try and make a plot twist with the death. IDK, anything is possible. I'm feeling now that her death is more than likely at this point, but I also wouldn't be surprised if she made it out alive.

What more do you guys need to be convinced, I mean all the evidence are there lol.

Well, a confirmation from someone at Sony or from someone I know who I can trust that saw the film. Or leaked storyboards.

Well that's... not true.
There's nothing shocking with a death you know that is coming. When you watch a Slasher movie and the Killer runs after his victim, you know he/she is doomed. When the killer finally murders him/her, it doesn't have any impact. You knew it. Of course, you might be shocked by the gore and blood, but that's not the point.

I found the death of Rachel Dawes in TDK not to be impactful. Because when I saw it was either Harvey or her, I knew Harvey would live to become Two Face. Thus, I wasn't surprised with Rachel's death. But before that moment, nothing hinted that should could've been killed.

Now on Spider-Man, we have EVERY reasons in the world to believe that Gwen is going to die. All the clues and ****, they do point that out. We KNOW she will get kidnapped, and we KNOW she might die.
Her death is so predictable I think it just can't happen.

Webb and his team said they wanted to adapt the storyline from 1973. You spoil your own movie years before its release? The Death of Gwen Stacy is a PUNCHLINE, not a story arc. It's a conclusion, a result. IT HAS ****ING SPOILERS IN ITS TITLE. Why would you scream in front of everyone the ultimate conclusion of your movie?

It doesn't make any sense! Well, to me.

Webb said we would be surprised. It wouldn't be a surprise if he told us what he was planning to do, years ago!

but the ending was re-written to where Harry is killed instead after the ending was leaked online.

Al Gore wasn't even online in 1973.

IMDB is not reliable "but the ending was rewritten to where Harry is killed instead after the ending leaked online". I don't remember the ending leaking online?.

I think most of the people aware of Gwen's death in the comics will be absolutely convinced of her death in the film now. Either the marketing of this film is brilliant or absolutely terrible (why advertise a potentially major death?). I wonder what's going through Marc Webb's head right now.

Yeah, me neither. I don't remember that leak... And that might be the point. What if that leak was taken away from the Internet? The team removed it.
Why would they remove it? Because it was true.

Yeah I know, I think too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"