The Science Fiction Shows of Tomorrow?

obin_gam

Sidekick
Reaction score
With basically ALL sci-fi shows gone now, why hasnt there arrived a show to wield the mantle of BSG and Stargate?

I mean, there are so many good stories out there that could be adapted to great shows, take John Scalzi's OLD MAN'S WAR for example:

John Perry did two things on his 75th birthday. First he visited his wife's grave. Then he joined the army.

The good news is that humanity finally made it into interstellar space. The bad news is that planets fit to live on are scarce--and alien races willing to fight us for them are common. So: we fight. To defend Earth, and to stake our own claim to planetary real estate. Far from Earth, the war has been going on for decades: brutal, bloody, unyielding.
Give Jeff Bridges the lead and make it a politic action filled drama. Would be perfect.

Or take some other book and adapt it, there NEEDS to be a sci-fi drama today!

Last edited:
I agree that there really is a need for a new space based sci-fi show. Sadly I think that the production cost to do them right is to high for most tv stations to take the risk.

Well, there's always that Star Wars show, if that ever gets off the ground.

Budget wise I think Game of Thrones have shown that fantasy (and thus sci-fi on the other end of the spectrum) works and is definately worth investing in, as long as the story used has quality.

Lets hope HBO gets a thirst for more genra stuff now, and they have somehting down the pipeline, or maybe AMC wants to do something like that, to counter GoT!

Well, there's always that Star Wars show, if that ever gets off the ground.
Ugh... no thanks :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"