The Scream trilogy

WorthyStevens

Green Man
Reaction score
IMO, the Scream movies are one of the best and sharpest horror franchises in film history. How would you rank them?

For me it goes 2, 1, and then 3.

Didn't care for them. They were just full of one overused horror/slasher cliche after another. Some fans try and defend the movies saying they were making fun of the slashers of old...sorry these films from Craven were trying to be serious "modern" slashers, not solely made to poke fun at the classics. With that being said they were incredibly unoriginal.

That was the point though. What was great about first two movies was that they knew the horror cliches and recognized them.

One of the best lines in the movie drives home the point that the movie wasn't completely serious: "No, please don't kill me, Mr. Ghostface, I wanna be in the sequel!"

at first, they were good. then they started getting old.

That was the point though. What was great about first two movies was that they knew the horror cliches and recognized them.

One of the best lines in the movie drives home the point that the movie wasn't completely serious: "No, please don't kill me, Mr. Ghostface, I wanna be in the sequel!"

Uh..wasn't that actually from the spoof Scary Movie?

1 and 2 are good, but three is a joke but I love Jenny McCarthy.

I thought they all stunk.Calling them a trilogy is blasphemy to Peter Jackson.Only the following movie franchises have the right to use the word trilogy:
Lord Of The Rings
Star Wars( two trilogies)
Indiana Jones(soon to be a Quadrology.My word, you heard it here first)
Matrix
Jurassic Park( see Indiana Jones)
Back to the Future
and the only comedy trilogy Naked Gun

The martix doesn't deserve to be a trilogy either, only the first one was good.

Yikes, not much love for Scream around here ....

I enjoy the first two, they aren't perfect but well made and worth a watch. The 3rd is poor and by that point the cast looked bored.

I loved the original Scream, which was original in poking fun at itself. It was funny and cool. The sequels were pretty weak.

I thought they all stunk.Calling them a trilogy is blasphemy to Peter Jackson.Only the following movie franchises have the right to use the word trilogy:
Lord Of The Rings
Matrix
Back to the Future

I would not use "blasphemy to Peter Jackson," as Star Wars came first, but yeah, If all three had been solid it would be one thing, but there was a sharp decline from one to the next. I honestly forgot what happened in three a few days after seeing it, but the first one was good enough for multiple viewings in the theater. And count me in the no "trilogy" title for Matrix, and JP as well.

I liked Jamie kennedy's character I always thought he was kind of suspicious until part two when he gets his throat slit, I do like his cameo in 3 though. I thin his name was Randy meeks or something like that, I know for sure his first name is Randy.

Lord Of The Rings
Matrix
Back to the Future

I was going to defend Scream, as they are solid satire ( and keep in mind, satire does not have to be straight up spoof) but then I saw The Naked Gun and swooned. :cwink:

3 was garbage due to the fact that kevin williamson didn't write it...

I was going to defend Scream, as they are solid satire ( and keep in mind, satire does not have to be straight up spoof) but then I saw The Naked Gun and swooned. :cwink:

I'd say a little more tongue in cheek than satire, but it all drives at the same thing

I liked 1 and 2 quite a bit (but man I was pissed when Randy got offed!). The Jay and Silent Bob cameo is the only thing I remember from the third movie.

Loved all of them.:o

Liked the first one, and it's quick follow up.

On the other hand, Scream 3 just left alot to be desired.

I didn't like the 3rd one, because I alway felt the Dewey should have been the mastermind killer. But whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"