Scream 5 in Development

teewee1432

Civilian
Reaction score
I dont know how accurate this is but several sites are reporting this Ghostface To Return As Scream 5 Is Officially In Development.

I would be happy to see a continuation of the series and not a reboot. What are your thoughts?

I'm kinda surprised about this unless it's a remake. Not sure if 2-4 did well at the box office but definitely not critically and with Wes Craven passing away, I didn't think anybody would be interested in the franchise anymore beyond the tv show

Yeah, the first one was great and 2 and 3 were kinda guilty pleasures but that fourth one was terrible. SPOILER AHEAD Emma Roberts was ****ing terrible as the killer. She’s improved a lot as an actor since then but she was totally out of her depth in that movie.

Yeah, great..disappointment!

Don't know where they can go with a story and motivation in targeting Sidney as always.

Scream - Revenge because of Sidney's mother

Scream 2 - Revenge for Billy Loomis

Scream 3 - More revenge because of Sidney's mother.

Scream 4 - Jealously of Sidney and her infamous tragic events

The trilogy got a conclusive ending and Sid's niece died or got arrested(I forgot)

With Wes Craven no longer around I’m not sure how I’d feel about a Scream 5 and where exactly they can take it

Unless they pull a Halloween 2018 and ignore films 2 to 4

Was that Scream TV series any good? I never bothered with it because the Ghostface mask looked like a cheap knockoff version you get at the dollar store.

Was that Scream TV series any good? I never bothered with it because the Ghostface mask looked like a cheap knockoff version you get at the dollar store.
It took me years to give it a shot as the first ep of the season didnt wow me. I rewatched it again after a friend suggested i try it and i just finished all 3 seasons a month ago. The first two seasons were better imo. Give it a watch on netflix.

Big fan of the first movie and the second one is still enjoyable. Didn't care for 3 and 4 at all.

I think they finally used the Ghostface movie mask in Season 3, but I only saw it in the trailer which looked awful.

Overkill.

And after all these years of being stalked and tortured, Sidney better be the killer.

The first one is obviously the best but I find 2 underrated and 3 is decent with some moments. 4 feels like a dark sequel in the Scary Movie franchise

The first one is obviously the best but I find 2 underrated and 3 is decent with some moments. 4 feels like a dark sequel in the Scary Movie franchise

I watched 2 again the other week and yeah, very underrated. Nothing beats the first one but it was cool.
giphy.gif

Pretty much. I like all 4, even if 3 is a little convoluted. I thought 4 was pretty good, but definitely the "scariest" of the films. Certainly the goriest.

2 I like a lot because of the supporting cast.

Yeah I have no interest in this sadly, and I also consider myself a big Scream fan. Love that first film and have always enjoyed the sequel. Scream 3 and Scream 4 were okay, but you could tell that they were really running out of ideas by then. I only saw a few episodes of the tv show and it just wasn't for me, but maybe I will give another shot one day. I just don't see what else they can do with this franchise though.

Overkill.

And after all these years of being stalked and tortured, Sidney better be the killer.

Nah I wouldn’t want to see that. They did that with Dr. Gordon in the Saw franchise and it sucked (apologies for the spoiler but trust me I’m sparing you the torture... if you haven’t seen it, don’t).

A reboot would be more appropriate, as much as I loved 4. I don't know what else they could do with Sidney and the gang.

I don't think this franchise became truly muddy and terrible for it to warrant a direct sequel from either 1 or 2. Also, Craven is sadly dead.

Maybe there will be a twist that Sidney is not the main target and gets killed off or survives but all turns out an agenda against..Dooey

Scream 5? Yeah no thanks. In all honesty it should have ended with 3. 4 added nothing to the story.

The trilogy got a conclusive ending and Sid's niece died or got arrested(I forgot)

Jill took a bullet to the head so pretty sure she's dead. But I remember some people back in 2010 swearing she was still alive because they claim they saw her eyes move in the final shot.

Ah. The only thing I remember about that ending was Jill messeing herself up before cops arrive

Ah. The only thing I remember about that ending was Jill messeing herself up before cops arrive

I don't know if it was intended to be hilarious or disturbing, but my theater was laughing it up during that scene.

Jill took a bullet to the head so pretty sure she's dead. But I remember some people back in 2010 swearing she was still alive because they claim they saw her eyes move in the final shot.

I remember people claiming this too. Pretty sure she's dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"