Clone Wars The Season 5 Discussion Thread

Season finale already!? Too soon!:(

Arrrgh, why did they waste so much time on that damn frog jedi!?

What ever happened to that scene with Asoka and her "boyfriend" being chased by Embo in the snow we saw in a preview for this season?

I really hope it's not Palpatine, one of the things the series has been doing well was getting away from Palpatine having these perfect insainly detailed plans. I think the idea that Palpatine knew Ventress would not only find Asoka but help her, is a bit of a stretch. If Palpatines involved it's at most a scheme to get rid of asoka

Maybe just a lucky turn of events he can use to his favor?

He seems the most likely but I go back to the scene where the girl was Force choked to death, the person doing it was in the vent above, I can't see Palps crawling around in prison vents.

Did we see someone in the vents? I'm sure Palapatine could be on another level the prison and still pull it off.

It bums me out that [BLACKOUT]Barris[/BLACKOUT] is to obvious. I wish it was more challenging.

Perhaps there is still a twist, as we don't have confirmation it is her yet.

Maybe just a lucky turn of events he can use to his favor?

Perhaps but I doubt he's as directly involved as you believe. It's likely he has his hand in the whole ordeal, but I think it's more likely he's just a puppet master.

Did we see someone in the vents? I'm sure Palapatine could be on another level the prison and still pull it off.

Vader was able to do this through the view screen in Empire so of coarse he could. However, it's a stretch to say he was on another level of the prison and was able to do it at the exact right moment. Not to mention the show reframes from directly making the [BLACKOUT]Palpatine/Sidious[/BLACKOUT] reveal for whatever reason. Anyway, it's most likely [BLACKOUT]Barris[/BLACKOUT]:

*the bombers wife confessed she was hired by a Jedi.
*Barris has been in constant contact with Asoka.
*Barris showed distain toward the war and the military.
*We see there IS a female character who confronts Asoka and Ventress, who most likely was the one who framed Asoka as well.

Now unless it's someone totally new, then it's most likely [BLACKOUT]Ofee[/BLACKOUT] or another female Jedi. [BLACKOUT]Palpatine[/BLACKOUT] could have been the one that pushed them over the edge but most likely he's not getting his hands dirty here.

Last edited:
Star Wars has always done that, I mean Jabba is a worm, the Gamorrean Guards are pigs, the Ewoks are bears and the Wampa is a Yeti! :D

With the exception of the pig-men, I feel like the rest are less obvious. At least they've been tweaked to some degree that while you can appreciate their influence is from our world, Chewbacca isn't a straight up dog-man or whatever. Heck, if they'd of just had the goat-guy speak without the stupid 'baa' in his voice I probably wouldn't even care.

Anyway, not a huge deal, just a minor pet peeve :D

:jedi

Perhaps but I doubt he's as directly involved as you believe. It's likely he has his hand in the whole ordeal, but I think it's more likely he's just a puppet master.

Vader was able to do this through the view screen in Empire so of coarse he could. However, it's a stretch to say he was on another level of the prison and was able to do it at the exact right moment. Not to mention the show reframes from directly making the [BLACKOUT]Palpatine/Sidious[/BLACKOUT] reveal for whatever reason. Anyway, it's most likely [BLACKOUT]Barris[/BLACKOUT]:

*the bombers wife confessed she was hired by a Jedi.
*Barris has been in constant contact with Asoka.
*Barris showed distain toward the war and the military.
*We see there IS a female character who confronts Asoka and Ventress, who most likely was the one who framed Asoka as well.

Now unless it's someone totally new, then it's most likely [BLACKOUT]Ofee[/BLACKOUT] or another female Jedi. [BLACKOUT]Palpatine[/BLACKOUT] could have been the one that pushed them over the edge but most likely he's not getting his hands dirty here.

Oh, I get all that. I saw all the clues. But, I think it is not just [BLACKOUT]Barris[/BLACKOUT] working alone. It's just part of this arc is some growing dissatisfaction with the Jedi, and we know who is likely trying to seed such discontent.

Palpatine was able to cloud the entire Jedi Order's force abilities. I'd say he is powerful enough to sense out what is going on in another room. Force choking someone at the right moment from somewhere else would be a cake walk for him. And let's not forget that the 501st that work the prison are in his pocket as is Tarkin. I'd say Palpatine can get anything done in that facility that he wants.

It could be Barris, but Palpatine is equally as likely.

Something else, the rogue Jedi could be tracing and listening in on all communications Barris is sending out to Ashoka. The rogue may have heard Barris telling Ashoka to go to the warehouse, and just went there also to further implicate her. Barris could still be innocent.

Last edited:
Something else, the rogue Jedi could be tracing and listening in on all communications Barris is sending out to Ashoka. The rogue may have heard Barris telling Ashoka to go to the warehouse, and just went there also to further implicate her. Barris could still be innocent.

I hadn't thought of that... a red herring! I'm cool with a cliff hanger next week and keeping the mystery going into the next season, but I sure hope Ashoka's mystery attacker is revealed.

Oh, I get all that. I saw all the clues. But, I think it is not just [BLACKOUT]Barris[/BLACKOUT] working alone. It's just part of this arc is some growing dissatisfaction with the Jedi, and we know who is likely trying to seed such discontent.

Oh of coarse not, if she was, it would be a very anti climactic ending after all. Season finale's are supposed to be big and eventful, [BLACKOUT]Barris[/BLACKOUT] would be a bit too forgettable on her own. Although if if there is significant death (from Asoka or Ventress), then it could be acceptable.

Palpatine was able to cloud the entire Jedi Order's force abilities. I'd say he is powerful enough to sense out what is going on in another room. Force choking someone at the right moment from somewhere else would be a cake walk for him. And let's not forget that the 501st that work the prison are in his pocket as is Tarkin. I'd say Palpatine can get anything done in that facility that he wants.

It could be Barris, but Palpatine is equally as likely.

Palpatine was never explicitly stated as clouding all of the Jedi's vision of the force. The way I took it at least, as the Dark Side grew the future just became unclear, mostly because they weren't going to be to see it.

Not to mention Palpatine already got his big moment for the season in the Episode "the lawless". Most likely he's not going to be back, the guys at the Clone Wars are pretty good about not over using characters, especially big ones.

Anyway it's not Palpatines style to do something like that. He's likely to be involved but not on the level you're talking.

I mean she could be, but think about it. Unless it's a brand new character, who else is a prominent enough female Jedi to carry any gravity when revealed at the end. My only other guess is that it could have turned out to have been Asoka all along and she's just gone crazy from something to be retroactively explained.

I'm sure there was a POV shot from the vent during the scene between Ahsoka and Letta.

With the exception of the pig-men, I feel like the rest are less obvious. At least they've been tweaked to some degree that while you can appreciate their influence is from our world, Chewbacca isn't a straight up dog-man or whatever. Heck, if they'd of just had the goat-guy speak without the stupid 'baa' in his voice I probably wouldn't even care.

Anyway, not a huge deal, just a minor pet peeve :D

:jedi

Han even calls Jabba a "Piece of worm ridden filth!" :D

I'm sure there was a POV shot from the vent during the scene between Ahsoka and Letta.

Han even calls Jabba a "Piece of worm ridden filth!" :D

I've always thought ducks must exist somewhere in the Star Wars galaxy. There's a line from one of the X-wing pilots in The Empire Strikes Back (I believe) where he says "We're sitting ducks out here!".

Of course I doubt they put that much thought into it at the time haha :D

It's been a strong season, but the 4 episode droid arch really weakened it from what it could have been.

It's been a strong season, but the 4 episode droid arch really weakened it from what it could have been.

Interesting to hear other people's opinions because other than the episodes with Maul, I've thought this entire season was absolutely horrible.

Interesting to hear other people's opinions because other than the episodes with Maul, I've thought this entire season was absolutely horrible.

Yeah I agree, the Episodes with Maul and the current arc have been the only decent ones in the season. General Krell appears to be a character they thought would really hit it off with the fans but kinda fell flat.

Krell was the four armed bad guy right? I enjoyed watching him fight the Clones.

Krell was the four armed bad guy right? I enjoyed watching him fight the Clones.

i did too but I hated how effective he was, compared to the rest of the Jedi that died in like 2 seconds fighting them.

As far as I can remember this season has been Maul and Savage, the stupid droid arc, a return to Maul and Savage and now the Ashoka-on-the-run story. Was there any more?

i did too but I hated how effective he was, compared to the rest of the Jedi that died in like 2 seconds fighting them.

Hmm, I don't mind that. It just shows that some Jedi are more skilled than others, which makes sense.

Ohh right, I enjoyed both those arcs a lot too. Other than the droid arc, this has been a great season! Whenever I go back through and watch the show from the beginning, I'll be skipping the droid arc. Never agaaaaain :jedi

I actually really enjoyed the Maul storyline and the eps with Grevious.
And of course the current arc going on is fantastic.

Tim Curry is voicing Palpatine

Dave Filoni said:
We had an extensive search to find a new voice for Palpatine. It wasn't just a matter of finding an actor who could to recreate lines from the films. We needed someone to deliver a performance that could stand alongside what Ian McDiarmid and Ian Abercrombie created as this legendary Star Wars character. At the end of the day, there is little question that bringing in an actor of Tim's caliber was perfect for Chancellor Palpatine.

I think fans will find that he delivers the eloquence needed for the Chancellor. His growling, evil, Sidious voice is a delight, because Tim can definitely tap into the dark side when needed. We are fortunate to have him.

[YT]dQBQ0XIQuiI[/YT]

Last edited:
I think Tim can do good. Ian Abercrombie will be missed though, he was an awesome Palpatine :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"