The Shi'ar Intergalactic Empire in future Marvel movies

ron bond 007

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm really into the space opera comics of Marvel especially the Silver Surfer and certain issues of the Avengers,Fantastic Four and the X-Men when they go into intergalactic space and encouter the Shi'ar Empire or the Kree or the Skrull Empires.

For those of you that don't know the Shi'ar are an intergalactic empire spanning entire galaxies and have not only faster than-light warp drive starships and warships but stargate technology that can be used for instanteous travel between galaxies and they live possibly in the Andromeda Galaxy the same location of the Skrull Empire. They were featured in the X-Men,Fantastic Four and had a major role in The Avengers:Operation:Galactic Storm where they fought opposite the Kree.

I think it would be awesome to see the Shi'ar with their awesome fleets of starships and stargates used for intergalactic travel on the big screen in a future Marvel movie like an Avengers sequel which could be based on Avengers:Operation:Galactic Storm or an X-Men movie or a Fantastic Four movie. It would also be awesome to see the Starjammers who patrol the Shi'ar Galaxy who were featured in X-Men on the big screen. The Shi'ar Empire probably dwarf the Galactic Empire of Star Wars and if who have the Shi'ar on screen you can have spectacular space battles between the Shi'ar and the X-Men or Avengers or even between the Skrull and the Kree.

:yay::woot::hrt::awesome:

Last edited:
Depending on how Green Lantern goes (yes, I know it's DC), we COULD be seeing a lot more of the cosmic storylines in Marvel films.

I could see them in a Captain Mar-Vell movie, or in their own movie about the Imperial Guard starring Lilandra and Gladiator.

Umhh ... I'm thinking a big fat N O

Mainly because there is too much ground to set so your average person would begin to have a clue.

There are smaller cosmic fish to fry first.

There's also the fact they they are a copy of the Legion of Super Heroes....

I hope to see the Shi'ar Empire in either a sequel to the Avengers movie or a Captain Mar-Vell Movie or a Silver Surfer movie,the Fantastic Four reboot movie or a new X-Men movie or maybe a Guardians of the Galaxy movie. THE SHI'AR WOULD BE PERFECT TO APPEAR IN A GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY MOVIE!! Think of all the spectacular space battles and space chases between the Shi'ar and the Guardians and/or even the Kree and the Skrull. That would make an awesome space opera Marvel movie. It would be fun also to bring in the Starjammers from the X-Men to fight against the Shi'ar since they patrol the Shi'ar galaxy.

Hell I think the Starjammers should have their own movie and you would definitely have to include the Shi'ar since they patrol the Shi'ar galaxy and they would make a perfect antagonist since they are similar to the Galactic Empire of Star Wars only better with stargate technology for instantaneous travel between galaxies.

A Shi'ar or Starjammers movie would dwarf the original SW trilogy since they have space battles not only in one galaxy but several other galaxies.

:hrt::awesome::woot::yay:

Not to mention how Star Wars nose dived after "Empire Strikes Back"

Lucas is such a pimp with these movies I would welcome anything that would take my mind off of anything Star-****s

Depending on how Green Lantern goes (yes, I know it's DC), we COULD be seeing a lot more of the cosmic storylines in Marvel films.
i've been saying the same thing. if gl hits then marvel will definitely go cosmic. maybe try the nova corps since people will be familiar with the gl corp. or quasar

or better yet ... Captain Mar-Vel!

Adam Warlock could tie in a host of cosmic characters ...

Since the Shi'ar and Starjammers first appeared in the X-Men comics they should first appear in a future X-Men movie then they can appear in their own movie or a Captain Mar-Vell/Nova Corps/Silver Surfer movie or an Avengers sequel dealing with the Kree-Skrull War or Operation:Galactic Storm.

i would much rather have a kree skrull war just about the kree and skrull. no avengers or anyone else. i want their origins and how they became enemies. watch a movie about a kree or skrull lead. very sci fi.

The Rise and the Fall of the Shi'ar Empire the X-Men story arc/graphic novel would make an excellent blockbuster space opera movie or a trilogy of films. It would likley resemble the prequel and classic Star Wars trilogy.

The Shi'ar and their intergalactic empire and galaxy-hopping stargates and starships and massive fleets deserve to be on the big screen. It would be aweome to see them fight in space battles against the Kree and the Skrull and the Avengers,Starjammers and X-Men and even Nova and Captian Mar-Vell.

Last edited:
I think the simplest way they could have done is is the way it was done done in the 90s X-Men cartoon. But that ship has sailed since we've already covered the Phoenix Saga.

It's never too late or impossible to put the Shi'ar Empire in future X-Men movies. They could just put the Shi'ar in a diffrent story not based on the Phoenix arc. Or maybe just give the Shi'ar their own movie or make a movie based on the Starjammers or as I suggested do X-Men:The Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire or do a Guardians of the Galaxy movie and have them go up against the Shi'ar or put them in an Avengers sequel or base it on the Kree-Shi'ar War from Galactic Storm.

It would be a major jump in the timeline/continuity to add the Shi'ar Empire in the X-Men movies(though stranger things have happened).Best bet would be to introduce them in their own stand-alone movie.As far as the Skrulls,you could have them in the FF reboot or resequel(is that a word???).You got a better chance of an Avengers/Asgardian war with both the Avengers & Thor coming out.

I suspect it won't be long before we see the Skrull come into play in the movie universe. Likely after Avengers comes out.

Chances are that they are gonna ruin them. The X-men has never gone intergalactic even in present day and suddenly they throw alien races in the past? There wasn't even a hint of alien civilizations in the first X-men trilogy.

Chances are that they are gonna ruin them. The X-men has never gone intergalactic even in present day and suddenly they throw alien races in the past? There wasn't even a hint of alien civilizations in the first X-men trilogy.

dofp erased original X-men trilogy so nothing that happened in those films has any relvence.shiar are defently going to be in dark phoenix with them looking for a list actress to play lilandra.

That's pretty short sighted thinking. I mean... There was no hint of Asgard or other things that are out there in IM1. And yet...

Also... It's already a universe where mutant superpowers, ancient Egyptian warlords walk in the present, giant advanced robots (sentinels) and other super sci fi technology and methods are around from "Adimantium Bonding" to time travel... But the aliens are the in the "too far" zone cuz they simply weren't in the previous films? Time travel wasn't in the previous films until DOFP. Same with advanced robots.

I sometimes think that the modern fanboy mindset is more closed off than it's ever been. I wonder how supposed fans today would have reacted to the by the seat of their pants writing of the creators or classic writer/artists from years past?

Bingo!

Kinberg trashed the Fantastic 4 and Doom while his script for Apocalypse and his Horsemen was forgettable.

Now we're all supposed to ignore that and be ecstatic for the Shi'ar in a Dark Pheonix redo that nobody's really even looking forward to?

Yeah, no I'll just watch the old 90's X-men episodes featuring them and a few of the comics I have that show Shi'ar at their best.

After 11/2/18 we're all going to need it to lift our spirits.

Last edited:

There were no hints of the Sentinels either. Nor were there any hints of time travel or a 5,000 year old Egyptian mutant living in the present but all of that changed once Days of Future Past came out in theaters. What occurred in the first X-men trilogy is a different timeline but now that were in a post-DOFP timeline, anything can happen.

It should be simple enough to cherry-pick the Imperial Guard members who aren't Legion 'homages', like the ones Byrne introduced in the Dark Phoenix saga (Manta, Hussar, Warstar), and then tweak whichever of the others you want to use (Gladiator, obviously, focusing on how his powers are psionic, perhaps having him channeling power from thousands of his race sitting in chairs on their homeworld loaning him power though some psychic means, and less of a 'Superman-lite').

Or just put them up there in all their glory. As a LSH fan, I've got a better chance of seeing Marvel's knock-offs get a push than I do anything from DC.

I mean I am pretty skeptical it will work out well since Kinberg is writing and directing, but there was no hint o time travel in the original. Or of Sentinels. Or an ancient 5,000-year-old mutant with the desire to destroy modern civilization. Or in Man of Steel of Greek gods and an island of demigoddess warriors, or of there being a talking raccoon and tree shooting people in the world introduced during the first Iron Man.

It can work. The question is if the people tasked with making it work can actually achieve it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"