The Shield

hey yo its sean

Superhero
Reaction score
Ok, so the Season 4 spots are running on FX. They look really good. Looks like they're really promoting the fact that Glenn Close is a cast member now; hell, i'd do the same thing.

Anyway, March can't get here soon enough. I need my Shield fix!

I love the Shield. I've been one of the few people that have been following since it's premiere.....and I havent missed an episode since.
Season 4 cant get here soon enough, but I'm glad I have 24 and Smallville to keep me company until it does!!!

I think The Shield is 1 of the best cop shows on tv

I think last season was ok, but I really enjoyed Season 4 more. It will be intresting to see what fresh blood Close brings to the cast.

The channel I got it on no longer carries it so I miss it a lot.

Which characters have left since the second season?

The whole cast is still together. However, as you know, Captain Aceveda was getting promoted to council. He is still a character in the show, but he is no longer captain of The Barn. Season Three focused a lot on who would take his place. For most of the series, it seemed set to be Claudette, but her moral crusading damaged her standing in the eyes of the powers-that-be, who decided that Glenn Close's character would be a better choice for Captain.

I personally am a huge fan of "The Shield". It is still my all-time favourite TV show. I can just rewatch episodes over and over and they're still as good. Vic Mackey is just the greatest TV cop ever, though I think Dutch and Shane are great characters as well.

Season Three isn't coming out on DVD over here in the UK until near the end of the year, and I have no idea when Season 4 will be on TV. You Americans are so lucky!

:) Just a few weeks until Season 3 on DVD.

As for Season 4, I can't wait. The **** really hit the fan at the end of Season 3, and from what I read, it doesn't look like fences have mended at all in the off-time.

Keyser Kingpin said:
The whole cast is still together. However, as you know, Captain Aceveda was getting promoted to council. He is still a character in the show, but he is no longer captain of The Barn. Season Three focused a lot on who would take his place. For most of the series, it seemed set to be Claudette, but her moral crusading damaged her standing in the eyes of the powers-that-be, who decided that Glenn Close's character would be a better choice for Captain.

I personally am a huge fan of "The Shield". It is still my all-time favourite TV show. I can just rewatch episodes over and over and they're still as good. Vic Mackey is just the greatest TV cop ever, though I think Dutch and Shane are great characters as well.

Season Three isn't coming out on DVD over here in the UK until near the end of the year, and I have no idea when Season 4 will be on TV. You Americans are so lucky!

I probably like Shane the best, because he is such a crazy SOB.

The season 3 dvd comes out the 22nd!! Can't wait to watch the dvds and get ready for March!

Keyser Kingpin said:
I personally am a huge fan of "The Shield". It is still my all-time favourite TV show.

I agree 100%. Best show ever. The plotlines are amazing and the acting is phenominal.

I just picked up season 3 today! it rocks but they changed the packaging to single disc slim cases!

Has anyone who has watched the DVDs seen anything new in them? When NBC released the "Kingpin" series on DVD it had incorporated into the original stuff added violence, language, and nudity....quite a surprise when Maria Conchita Alonso turned up naked in that.

Dutin, we've had that slimmed down packaging over here in the UK since Season 2. I hated that, since the US version of the Season 2 packaging was so cool...

Dutin said:
I just picked up season 3 today! it rocks but they changed the packaging to single disc slim cases!

Yeah, they should have just stuck with the season 1 and 2 cases, I hate slim cases. :(

C. Lee said:
Has anyone who has watched the DVDs seen anything new in them? When NBC released the "Kingpin" series on DVD it had incorporated into the original stuff added violence, language, and nudity....quite a surprise when Maria Conchita Alonso turned up naked in that.

Nothing was added as far as I can tell, but there were a ****LOAD of deleted scenes. There were even like...a couple of minor story arcs that were deleted.

I can't wait for the new season to start later this month. The Shield is one of my favorite shows. :up:

ah! just finished watching my season 3 box set. **** I love this show. it's like crack, I just can't get enough, and I can never watch just one episode. hell, I can never just watch 3 episodes, I have to keep going

I prefer watching the series in order, though, but I don't know if I';ll be able to catch it every week for season 4. it's on tuesdays at 9, right? I get off at 9, so I'd probably miss the first half of every episode each week :(

If yo uthink that's bad, think of poor old me in the UK. I've got to wait until September or something for Season 3 on DVD, and probably won't see Season 4 until the end of the year at the earliest!

Elijya said:
it's on tuesdays at 9, right? I get off at 9, so I'd probably miss the first half of every episode each week :(

They usually re-run the episode directly after itself. If they continue doing this I would just wait until 10 and watch it all the way through.

I'm going to buy the boxset, I've never done that for a t.v. show before, but I've been itching to watch the Shield when I feel like it. God, can't wait to see Glenn Close on it. :up:

Wolfwood said:
I'm going to buy the boxset, I've never done that for a t.v. show before, but I've been itching to watch the Shield when I feel like it. God, can't wait to see Glenn Close on it. :up:

it's ****ing worth it!

I caught one season three episode last summer, and immediately bought the season 1 boxset, marathoned it in two days, went back for volume 2, again, a two day marathon. bought season three last week, it took me three days cause I'm working more now :D

watching the show without commercials makes them more immersive, anbd there's also a TON of special features

Hahaha, I imagine it would be worth it so that I don't have to go through the cliff hanger type endings that leave you with the "Ah crap! I have to wait a week!" feeling.

Damn, I still can't get the image of Dutch
strangling that cat
out of my head. I really hope he doesn't turn, although it would be cool to see. The Shield is the only show that has left these stunning images in my head, the only one to ever do that to me would probably be some of the X-Files.

that creeped the **** out of me. I rewound and turned the commentary on, but they didn't shed any light on it, unfortunately. that was such a dark moment

the only TV shows I own on DVD are The Shield, lots of cartoons and anime, Nip Tuck, Arrested Developement, and That 70's Show

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"